Profile for Petrolhead > Reviews

Content by Petrolhead

Petrolhead (Hong Kong)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Pinzon Heather Jersey Yarn Dye Duvet Set, Navy Heather Stripe, King 225 x 220 cm and 2 Pillowcases 50 x 75 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars A boost for my mum's linen cupboard, 10 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I gave this to my Mum, who is discerning to the point of being just a little bit picky (love you really) and she said "lovely, soft, warm, inviting" and the colours have real pizzazz. So that's one happy customer. She couldn't vouch for the washability that others have mentioned (about the fabric appearing to get very creased in the wash, if I understand right) as she is saving these up for the Christmas visit of my brother and his wife. I think that is a ringing endorsement!

Bright Starts Sensory Safari Activity Gym
Bright Starts Sensory Safari Activity Gym
Offered by Debenhams

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive entertainment and experience, 9 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Excellent multi-faceted and versatile piece of kit that any baby will enjoy and be entertained by. This has stacks of experiential textures and toys and is also very practical to move around. A must for any new baby ( and older brothers and sisters will doubtless find something to entertain them too)!

OCZ ARC100-25SAT3-120G 120GB ARC 100 Series SATA 3.0 6GB/s 2.5 Inch SSD
OCZ ARC100-25SAT3-120G 120GB ARC 100 Series SATA 3.0 6GB/s 2.5 Inch SSD

4.0 out of 5 stars You'll like it if you know what it is, 9 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'll be honest: I don't really understand what this does (other than "speed up my computer") and still less how it works this sorcery. But I let my brother handle it, who is a whizz at such things. He is very impressed and says this is an excellent piece of kit and it really made a difference. But I have to dock a star because it's completely mumbo jumbo to me and probably to most of the population. (I'd ideally like to offer some five-star feedback to other reviewers who tell you what cable you need and how to set this drive up and such like. You are the good Samaritans of the internet age.)

The Original Spirograph New Generation Spirograph Studio Set
The Original Spirograph New Generation Spirograph Studio Set

3.0 out of 5 stars A one-hit-wonder from my 1970s childhood, 5 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good toy for the right kid, but don't expect everyone to be swept away - I'm afraid most kids will be excited for half an hour and then ignore it. I suspect this is a classic because it's a unique and quirky toy that parents appreciate for its educational creativity and because everybody remembers it from their own childhood, but I'm afraid it's not a universally brilliant toy that every child will want to use day in, day out. Maybe it should just be one for older kids with an artistic bent - it's more like a specialist graphic tool than a must have for every playroom.

Hama IR110 Wireless LAN Internet Radio
Hama IR110 Wireless LAN Internet Radio
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent radio, 14 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A sleek, compact and unobtrusive design that doesn’t need lots of messy wires and aerials. Very easy to set up, with a vast choice of stations and a useful USB portal for connecting your own music. The sound quality is fine for both talk and music. Seems a decent price for a decent product.

Stanley STHT5-20211 20-inch/ 500mm Heavy Duty Saw (Pack of 5)
Stanley STHT5-20211 20-inch/ 500mm Heavy Duty Saw (Pack of 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ain'tcha sick of that old saw? Here's five more!, 10 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Cold steel, sharp teeth, a trigger grip and a shower of dust as the blade surfs mercilessly through the helpless lump of wood. Other pros? These will last me a good long while. But perhaps, like an old razor, i won't quite know for sure when to throw it out. Other cons? Doesn't really go round corners. And the five are all the same size, so you can't use them as a playing-the-saw quintet with your four musically gifted carpenter mates. In a nutshell, no complaints, and not much to add to the ton of stellar reviews already out there! Get sawing!

Ultrasport Zürs Children's Ski Jacket Ultraflow 5.000 White/Black/Red Size:122/128

5.0 out of 5 stars Let it snow!, 10 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A damn fine skiing jacket - I don't know much about skiing but my six year old is happy as Larry in this and frankly we can't wait to get into some serious cold to test it out. These things always cost a bomb and it seems shocking to spend so much on a jacket for someone who's going to grow out of it pretty quickly, but I'm pretty confident this will be taken on as a very welcome hand-me-down by two littler ones. Now where's that snow? Bring it on!

Rapesco Stapler - Full Strip, Power-assisted X5-50f
Rapesco Stapler - Full Strip, Power-assisted X5-50f

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't punch its way out of a paper bag, 7 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am bemused by the glowing reviews for this product. Yes, it is sleek and matt grey, but it is twice the size of my trusty (6 year old and hassle free) basic stapler (also rapesco, but less glitzy). I have done a comparative test between them – the ordinary stapler gets through two layers of padded envelope no problem, the X5-50f only goes through one layer. Disappointing. Save your money!

Driving Test Success All Tests 2014/15 (PC DVD)
Driving Test Success All Tests 2014/15 (PC DVD)

3.0 out of 5 stars Testing my patience, 2 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A struggle to get to grips with but useful in the end. Beware, from the moment you pick up this DVD you’re in information overload – even the box is covered in tiny writing telling you all the things you’re going to learn. I then had a very long wait for the DVD to upload onto my computer, and it blinded me with science as it made me sign up to various user agreements and wait for web updates. When you finally get there, it does offer a comprehensive overview of things you need to know. However, it is not very user-friendly – for example, I clicked on a hazard video, which I watched through once without doing anything, and it told me I had scored 3 out of 5! Only buy this DVD if you’ve got a lot of time to figure out how to use it, on top of figuring out what you need to learn to pass your test.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 6, 2014 10:10 AM BST

Honour
Honour
by Elif Shafak

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful and topical novel, 29 Sep 2014
This review is from: Honour (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Beautifully written indeed - and engaging to the point of compelling from the very first line. I hear some of the criticisms, and see a huge variety of opinions in the reviews, so obviously this does not appeal to everyone as much as it does to me. But the subject matter is even more topical now than when it was written, and so if you think you might like this, why not dive in? Give it a go!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14