Profile for Andy > Reviews

Content by Andy

Andy "Populart" (Merseyside, UK)

Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3)
Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3)
Offered by EVERGAME

1.0 out of 5 stars If I could score it ZERO, I would!!!, 18 Jan. 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I have owned all the COD series since COD3 and can safely say that this is by far the worst of the series. I only play online, so this review is based on that element of this game.

I operate on a 10 meg internet, which is above average compared to a lot of my friends and on all my other PS3 games there are no problems. However, the lag on the servers of this game is an absolute disgrace. WHEN you finally get into a game, it boots you out after a few minutes - its barely playable.

Previous editions of COD have had me and dozens of friends playing online - this one saw us all start the game and within a month there was me and one friend left and now even I am giving up.

Im not playing my beloved COD until the new one is out [hopefully November 2011?]

19 HD-Ready LCD TV, Black
19 HD-Ready LCD TV, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb TV., 16 Dec. 2010
Ive had this TV for over a year now and it is perfect. I wanted a small TV to use in my bedroom to watch TV, and to play PS3 on. My PS3 is hooked up via the HDMI cable and the piture quality is clear, colourful and crisp and the freeview TV is immaculate with good colour definition and depth.

For anyone who wants a bedroom tele that is not taking over the room, or a small TV for the kitchen, then this Samsung is ideal. I simply cannot fault it. On top of its performance, I think you can see it is a great looking TV with its piano black shiny finish and sleek curves.

It has "Wide Colour Enhancer" - This exclusive technology delivers more brilliant colours, even in bright areas of the picture where blues and greens are washed out on conventional screens. The system presents a wider colour gamut and four times as many colour gradations, showing you true colours; the fresh green of spring foliage, and the intense blue of the summer sky.

SAMSUNG LCD TVs offer unparalleled picture quality that can be optimised for gaming at the touch of a button. It allows for H-sharpness and a faster response time in the games. In addition, its powerful surround sound effects produce a magical environment of wonder that is filled with excitement and joy.

* Screen Size: 19"
* Resolution: 1440 x 900
* Viewing Angle: 160/160
* HD Ready: Yes

USB DRIVE 2GB X-SERIES
USB DRIVE 2GB X-SERIES

5.0 out of 5 stars Does EVERYTHING I needed it too without fuss., 17 Oct. 2010
Regardless of the previous review, I can honestly say I have found this product to be faultless and it does exactly what I have needed it to do.

It works high speed and there is no lag or issues when adding, removing or editing files. I use it for photographs on my Nikon DSLR camera images and can find no fault. I have also transferred documents, music files, and game data using this memory stick. No issue whatsoever.

Highly recommended.

Only by the Night
Only by the Night
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Album of 2008., 18 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Only by the Night (Audio CD)
I don't often do reviews on Amazon. But this HAS to be reviewed. Ive got a full pre release version of this album. Since I got my hands on it, its been on repeat on my Ipod. It is immense.
For people wanting KOL to sound like their 1st two albums, you will be midly disappointed, but there is enough in it to keep you gripped. For those who liked "because of the times", there is a bit in it for you....but they have gone in a whole new direction for this album and it works an absolute treat.
Its got that "Big Stadium" sound....its more likely the result of being headline acts at places such as Glastonbury, but the new style suits KOL.
Big bass lines, strong and powerful drumming and lyrically Calib has dropped the inconprehendable style he had, and has adopted a clearler more husky sound. Its brought the tracks out of their shells and they are just a joy to listen to.
The opening 5 tracks blow you away, and include the massivly popular "sex on fire" [which is undoubtably one of the best songs of the millenium so far]

For original KOL fans there is enough there to keep you baited, for the newer fan it is just a thumping album. In all, they have catered for everyone, and produced a pure materclass of an album. A must buy for 2008!!!

The Boys from the Mersey: The Story of Liverpool's Annie Road End Crew Football's First Clobbered-up Mob
by Nicholas Allt

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on., 27 Nov. 2004
When I started to read Nicky's book I was not gripped by the 1st couple of chapters. Instead I was reading in dribs and drabs....this was probably my own fault, rather than that of the author, because as soon as I found the time I was gripped and finished it in 2 sittings.
Im not sure if people from outside the walls of the City of Liverpool will quite appreciate this book for the quality it possess. The use of language is unique in a book that has been nationally sold and acclaimed. Its local dialect and phrases are brilliant, and the humour, sarcasm, and story telling is 1st class.
It doesnt harp on too much about "we chased them" "they fronted us"...its just how it was. Scousers out for a laugh, and to do anything imagineable to watch their heroes.
Hats off to yer Nicky. A top read fella.