Profile for Maker mania > Reviews

Ginsberg, Kerouac, the Beats and the Hippies
Ginsberg, Kerouac, the Beats and the Hippies
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars looking for a quick fix, 23 April 2014
I looked for a quick intro to the Beat era and found it here. Born in 54 in a far distant land and nowhere near the Beat scene, it passed me by and now my son needs background info for an essay on Ginsberg. I reckon for young people who cannot know the far reaching effect of the Beats, this could help.

In Sheep's Clothing: Understanding and Dealing with Manipulative People
In Sheep's Clothing: Understanding and Dealing with Manipulative People
Price: 8.96

4.0 out of 5 stars very useful, 2 Mar 2014
I found this book to be clearly written and deals with relationship issues in different examples, some of which were very familiar if not quite painful to read as a person who has allowed manipulation to occur in various parts of my life. I need time for some of the recommendations to become embedded in the way I deal with aggressive manipulation. About half way through the book I sensed relief that it was not necessarily a misconception on my part of some of the behaviours I was so confused about and experiencing at the hands of a covertly aggressive person. Well worth trying if you are confused and frustrated by someone else!

Henry Hoover bags (10 Pack)
Henry Hoover bags (10 Pack)
Offered by SPARES-2-GO
Price: 4.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, works just fine., 31 Dec 2013
No problems here, came in a short time, Henry's happy. If Henry's happy, I'm happy too. Can't live without Henry.

Rubber Stamps & How to Make Them
Rubber Stamps & How to Make Them
by George L. Thomson

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy to find this book, 31 Dec 2013
Been looking for this book for a long, long time. Great addition to my ever-growing collection of craft books. Well packaged and in good condition as stated.

32 Gauge Silver Cut Wire Lengths 1000 Wires per Pack 100g Bundle
32 Gauge Silver Cut Wire Lengths 1000 Wires per Pack 100g Bundle
Offered by Rays Floristry Supplies
Price: 3.94

4.0 out of 5 stars The right size for the job and well packaged, 31 Dec 2013
Looking for a solution again, I needed thin wires to wrap around Christmas decorations to insert into muslin covered wreaths. Had to be easy to bend so that kids could work without pliers. Worked well. Still enjoying using the leftovers. Looking to buy a top up soon.

Reeves 100ml Glitter Glue - Diamond
Reeves 100ml Glitter Glue - Diamond
Offered by Jackson's Art Supplies
Price: 2.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous effect...just have patience, 31 Dec 2013
Needed it in a hurry so that I could experiment with the glue on white muslin. Came quickly and worked well. Only criticism is that it takes longer tan I thought it would to dry. Patience paid off.

Craft Planet 9x12 inch Funky Foam - Assorted Colours (Pack of 10)
Craft Planet 9x12 inch Funky Foam - Assorted Colours (Pack of 10)
Offered by AONESTATIONERY
Price: 4.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Needed loads of funky foam in a hurry, 31 Dec 2013
I needed a whole lot of "funky" foam for a series of workshops. The product came quickly and the colours were just fine. The families we worked with to make foam frames for their photos were happy too...thanks

The Complete Voorkamer Stories
The Complete Voorkamer Stories

5.0 out of 5 stars For the homesick..., 4 Oct 2013
I am biased, I know. I have a great fondness for his stories as it feels like home for an Afrikaaner in a faraway land. A good collection with a sprinkling of poignant black and white photos.

Coaching People with Asperger's Syndrome
Coaching People with Asperger's Syndrome
Price: 18.01

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay. Sometimes too anecdotal. If you're looking for a more systematic approach, there are better books around., 4 Oct 2013
It's okay. Sometimes too anecdotal even if the examples are quite interesting.. If you're looking for a more systematic approach, there are better books around.

Fast Freehand Fills - Vol. 2 Cultural Flair Part 1
Fast Freehand Fills - Vol. 2 Cultural Flair Part 1
Price: 1.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful and wide ranging, 2 Sep 2013
Organising and/or recording various 'fills' has always eluded me. This book is so useful in this respect. Comes up clearly on my iPad and the price is very good for what you get.

Page: 1 | 2