Profile for Absolutegirl > Reviews

Killer Queens
Killer Queens
by Rebecca Chance

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't wait for it to finish, 7 Oct 2013
This review is from: Killer Queens (Paperback)
I usually love Rebecca Chance books especially as a beach read so I looked forward to reading this on my recent holiday. What a let down, if this was the first of her books I had read then I'd never have bought another, I did finish it but only because I was hoping it might get better but it didn't.

The Summer Wedding
The Summer Wedding
by Fiona Walker

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely lost me I'm afraid, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Summer Wedding (Paperback)
I used to enjoy Fiona Walker but this book just didn't do it for me. Now, I read a lot but at some points in this book it moved so fast I could hardly keep up, characters popped up I'd never heard of before but it felt like I should have and I was constantly wondering if I'd missed something. Very disjointed, all over the place, I couldn't be bothered to finish it as I just didn't care

The Secrets of the Lighthouse
The Secrets of the Lighthouse
by Santa Montefiore

5.0 out of 5 stars Could hardly put it down, 12 Sep 2013
I love Santa Montefiore books although none have lived up to Under the Ombu Tree for me, until now. I have your average busy life, I work full time but I read this in two days flat, I found it very hard to put down and that doesn't happen very often to me. Like another reviewer, I too lost someone close this year and found the spiritual side very comforting. Fabulous book, buy it and put aside the weekend.

Kenwood KDC-BT42U CD/USB Car Stereo with Built-in Bluetooth Handsfree
Kenwood KDC-BT42U CD/USB Car Stereo with Built-in Bluetooth Handsfree

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 21 Mar 2013
I bought this just before Christmas as a bit of a bolt on pressie for my husband. He LOVED it, his best present, it looks great, sounds great, connects straight to iPhone/iTunes very easily ( has to be with my husband) via bluetooth or cable. The phone quality is slightly hit and miss but does the job and will save you 3 points. He fitted it within 10 mins, face comes off, perfect and an amazing price for what you get
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2013 9:28 PM BST

Merlin Complete BBC Series 5 [DVD]
Merlin Complete BBC Series 5 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Colin Morgan

5.0 out of 5 stars What will I watch now ?, 21 Mar 2013
I loved this whole series, right from the first one, I never watched it on the BBC, just progressed straight to dvd. This last season was amazing, one or two episodes were slightly silly but overall it was just, well, the BBC at the top of their game. Brilliant, outstanding, awesome. I have spend the whole winter filling Sunday afternoons with Merlin, what am I going to do now ?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 29, 2013 7:29 PM GMT

10 Minute Solution: Blast Off Belly Fat  [DVD]
10 Minute Solution: Blast Off Belly Fat [DVD]

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners, 21 Mar 2013
I bought this as I've been training for many years now and wanted to try some variations. It is good but I only felt the burn during one or two sets, this is probably due to the fact my abs are used to a bashing and my pain threshold is pretty high when training. The dvd is clear and easy to follow but do yourself a favour and watch each 10 min set through a couple of times first and learn the moves so you don't get lost when following her. If you're a beginner then this will kill your abs and without doubt product results. If you're advanced then it's a great variance, just double the sets to get the burn.

Macadamia Natural Healing Oil Hair Treatment - 125 ml
Macadamia Natural Healing Oil Hair Treatment - 125 ml
Offered by The Beauty Floor

5.0 out of 5 stars My hair loves it so I'm happy, 13 Mar 2013
My sister introduced me to this wonder product. Initially I wasn't interested, I was using another leading brand product but I gave in and tried it in the end. I've never looked back, amazing stuff, a few weeks ago I dried and straightened my hair without it, the difference was awful, I wasn't happy until my next wash. To say I couldn't live without it would be silly but I'd really rather not !!

Anne of the Thousand Days [DVD][1969]
Anne of the Thousand Days [DVD][1969]
Dvd ~ Richard Burton

5.0 out of 5 stars They don't make them like this anymore, 8 Mar 2013
I waited years to get this film on DVD, I first saw this many years ago and it made a huge impact on me, for a long time it was simply unavilable but I never forgot it. Now I have the dvd I can happily watch it time and time again. As a massive fan of historical drama, I have seen just about all the movies and series set in this period but this film wins hands down by a considerable margin. Richard Burton is magnificent, Genevieve Bujold my ideal Anne Boleyn, feisty, beautiful, tragic ... all the casting is superb, the sets opulent, the costumes stunning. You'd have to go a long way to top this film about Henry V111, they simply don't make them like this anymore.

Argo (DVD + UV Copy) [2013]
Argo (DVD + UV Copy) [2013]
Dvd ~ Ben Affleck
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't do it for me, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: Argo (DVD + UV Copy) [2013] (DVD)
I was really looking forward to Argo but it failed to deliver. Overall it's a good enough film but not Oscar worthy and the facts are a little blurred. I just felt it could have given so much more, I kept waiting for something to happen but it just plodded along. Not one to repeat for me.

Virgin Widow
Virgin Widow

5.0 out of 5 stars Not quite Philippa Gregory but give it time, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: Virgin Widow (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book and the other two I have since read by this author. When I first saw the 'better than Philippa Gregory' sticker on the book I was more than skeptical as I've seen it used before and ended up binning the books. Now, Philippa Gregory is one of my favourite authors ( although not her latest books I must say so this was a tall call by anyones standard BUT, Anne O'Brien is actually very good and very similar in her style to the early PG Tudor books, not as historically accurate and quite romantic but very enjoyable. For me, much more readable than The Sunne in Splendour which was very heavy going. I hope she continues to write like this as she has a new fan in me.

Page: 1 | 2