Profile for J.G. > Reviews

Content by J.G.

J.G. "busy mum" (north west)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Ladies Urban Beach Berry Aqua Shoes Sizes 3-8 (5, Lilac)
Ladies Urban Beach Berry Aqua Shoes Sizes 3-8 (5, Lilac)
Offered by Hirst Footwear Limited

3.0 out of 5 stars Small fit, 30 May 2015
Nice colour but the size is small. I am a size 5 but these had to be returned and exchanged for a 6 which still feel short in length but I don't want to go any bigger and don't intend to wear them after our holiday this year. Excellent service from the supplier though who had no hesitation in exchanging this pair along with a pair for my son which were also too small.

Brit Guide New York 2014 (Brit Guides)
Brit Guide New York 2014 (Brit Guides)
by Amanda Statham

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as expected, 30 May 2015
I like the 'Brit Tips' but was disappointed to have pre-ordered the 2015 edition in February to then be told there was a problem and this is now unavailable. When I contacted the company direct I was advised it will be available in September - too late for our August visit - so I ordered the 2014 version. It isn't as well written as the Orlando version (by different authors) and being half way through the book I can tell that it hasn't been updated as there are still references in it to attractions being closed for 2011/2. I also don't really like the A-Z format and would prefer the book to be listed geographically as it seems to jump from area to area so I don't feel that I could use it to plan a visit if I didn't have other guide books which do list all attractions geographically.

Urban Beach Boys Reed Aqua Shoes Blue Size 4
Urban Beach Boys Reed Aqua Shoes Blue Size 4
Offered by Hirst Footwear Limited

3.0 out of 5 stars Small fit, 30 May 2015
Nice colour but the size is small. My 10 year old is a size 4 but this had to be returned and exchanged for a 5. Excellent service from the supplier though who had no hesitation in exchanging this pair along with a pair for myself which were also too small (ordered 5 and needed 6).

FitFlop Chada Aztec Womens Casual Sandals 5.0 Rose Gold Suede
FitFlop Chada Aztec Womens Casual Sandals 5.0 Rose Gold Suede
Offered by Tower-London
Price: Click here to see our price

3.0 out of 5 stars Very loose fit, 30 May 2015
I love the design, very sparkly with all the gold trim, and the colour, Rose Gold, but they were a very loose fit. The length and width were OK for my size (5) but the strap over the foot was too loose with no means of tightening so this meant that they wobbled when my foot was lifted and I was therefore having to grip hard with my toes to keep them on. Have returned and ordered the same design with a back strap, which I don't like quite as much, as the strap over the foot is lower down the foot, but at least I don't feel like they may fall off at any time!

Kid's Guide to New York City (Kid's Guides Series)
Kid's Guide to New York City (Kid's Guides Series)
by Eileen Ogintz

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun !, 30 May 2015
Ordered as a replacement for another book which was disappointing and not really a New York kids book. This is much better and loved by my 10 year old son who now can't wait for our trip later in the year. The book has puzzles, activities, checklists of things to look out for, tips from New York kids and is therefore great fun for his age group. Well recommended!

Fodor's Around New York City with Kids
Fodor's Around New York City with Kids
by Fodor Travel Publications

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as expected., 30 May 2015
Ordered for our 10 year old son before our holiday to New York later in the year but it isn't really a kids book. As the title says it is 'New York with Kids' and is therefore more of a parents book of places to visit with kids rather than a book for kids which is what I was expecting. Had it quite a while before I gave it to him as a gift though so was too late to return otherwise I would have done.

FitFlop™ Aztek Chada Sandal Urban White 5 UK
FitFlop™ Aztek Chada Sandal Urban White 5 UK
Offered by Parmigiani Calzature

4.0 out of 5 stars Colour not 'White', 30 May 2015
If you are expecting white then these FitFlops are more like a cream colour and not that different to the Rose Gold. I ordered both from different sources and opted to keep the 'white' as slightly more versatile. A size 5 is quite a snug fit though, a 5.5 would be better if they made it, especially as the back strap forces your foot forward against the toe post. Am hoping they will stand up to the walking they will receive on our Florida holiday !!

Between the Lines: My Autobiography
Between the Lines: My Autobiography
by Victoria Pendleton

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for sports fans, 29 Dec. 2014
An excellent account of a very troubled athlete. A must read.

Kitchen Devils Lifestyle Double Edge Knife 302445
Kitchen Devils Lifestyle Double Edge Knife 302445
Offered by tools247

3.0 out of 5 stars Not happy, 29 Dec. 2014
Bought this after the handle of the one we had finally gave up the ghost. Cuts as well as the old one but the blade now has rust stains after not many washes in the dishwasher - not happy as this didn't happen to the old one which we had for years. Would no longer recommend.

Match Attax 2014/2015 Eric Cantona Record Breaker 14/15
Match Attax 2014/2015 Eric Cantona Record Breaker 14/15
Offered by dokast trading cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 29 Dec. 2014
Bought to replace one my son had lost after he had swapped for 10 of his cards, only for the original to turn up a few days later in his dressing gown pocket! Oh well, he can now swap one of them back for more cards!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4