Profile for Barista 1 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Footballer Who Could Fly
The Footballer Who Could Fly

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 22 Jun. 2015
If you love football, buy this book.

If you have a father, buy this book.

If you are a son, buy this book.

In other words , buy this book.

It is a faultless, moving evocation of football and fatherhood and how they are intertwined in a central part of the filial relationship.

It is beautifully written, throwing new light on familiar football personalities and recalling half forgotten ones.

It flits effortlessly between the football of the early twentieth century and the modern era but is probably strongest dealing with the 1970s.

It is a delight from paragraph one. You will not regret buying this book.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy the right one!, 9 Jun. 2015
Perfect replacement from the original manufacturer. It fits exactly like the old one, which has been retired after four summer's service.

It hasn't been rained on yet but I am sure it will keep the water at bay.

My advice is to pay a little more and get the right replacement.

Eno Clip on Guitar Tuner
Eno Clip on Guitar Tuner

5.0 out of 5 stars Get one today. You need it., 29 May 2015
Fantastic!!!!
Why was I not told about these before? I have just put a new set of strings on and tuning was a breeze. This device is simple to use and makes my guitar sound lots better. If only it helped me play too!
An interesting point after a few weeks using it is that the guitar tuning goes off just a touch on a daily basis probably based on humidity. My ears would never have picked that up.

Cool Chameleon Clear Film Anti-Glare Lcd 2 Pack Pro Screen Protector For Ipad Mini + Cloth
Offered by Cool Chameleon

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 29 May 2015
Very speedy delivery. The guard is fine but felt a little stiffer than others I have used. Only three stars may be harsh. I almost never succeed in applying these things properly. This is about my worst effort. I would probably share the blame about 50:50 between me and the film,
If you are a handy type you will have no problem I am sure.

Canon Pgi-550xl High Capacity Ink Cartridge - Black
Canon Pgi-550xl High Capacity Ink Cartridge - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars No shortcuts, 30 April 2015
I bought this after bad experience with lookalikes. No problems. My advice: stick with Canon.

CANON CLI-551 Ink Cartridges Cyan / Magenta / Yellow / Black in Multi-Pack Blister Packaging with Security Tab

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable, 30 April 2015
Work fine, unlike the cheap copies I bought at first.

Prestige Cartridge PGI-550XL/CLI-551XL Ink Cartridges for Canon Pixma iP7250/MG5450/MG6350 - Assorted Colour (Pack of 5)

1.0 out of 5 stars MY ADVICE ------ DO NOT BUY!, 29 Mar. 2015
I BOUGHT THESE AT THE SAME TIME AS MY NEW CANON PRINTER. I HAVE HAD POOR EXPERIENCE IN THE PAST WITH NON BRANDED INK BUT THE PRICE DIFFERENCE WAS WORTH A GO.
I REPLACED THE COLOURS A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO. THE MAGENTA PRINTED YELLOW! I IMMEDIATELY ORDERED SOME CANON BRANDED AND REPLACED THESE.
TODAY THE LARGE BLACK NEEDED REPLACING. THE PRESTIGE CARTRIDGE SPLIT ON OPENING, COVERING ME AND MY DESK IN BLACK INK. I INSTALLED IT ANYWAY AND IT PRINTED WITH DREADFUL STREAKS. NEEDLESS TO SAY I AM ORDERING A CANON REPLACEMENT.
I WAS PREPARED TO TRADE OFF A LITTLE PRINT QUALITY FOR LOW PRICE. THESE HAVE BEEN WORSE THAN USELESS AS I NOW HAVE UNSIGHTLY BLACK STAINS ALL OVER MY HANDS AND NO PRINTING CAPACITY.

Three Men in a Boat
Three Men in a Boat

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth another look., 11 Feb. 2015
This is a familiar book to those of us of a certain age. In my case more from the film than from the text.

This reads with quite a modern sense of irony and must have been a real innovation on publication.
The story is slight , the characters are well drawn and the humor gentle. Some of the observations about human nature and manners retain their impact.
I wouldn't call it laugh out loud but it is certainly amusing and is beautifully written. The diversions are mildly irritating but nothing like on the scale of Tristram Shandy.

The Black Dahlia
The Black Dahlia

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 11 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Black Dahlia (Kindle Edition)
If Hammet was hardboiled,Chandler cynical and Caine visceral, as their next in line, Ellroy is sleazy to the max.

This is intensely readable, violent, revolting and yet irresistible. Crazy story, believable period setting and compelling characters make this a very vivid piece of work.

The images in my head throughout were from three movies: The Black Dahlia obviously, L.A.Confidential and Pulp Fiction. I am not sure how I would have visualized this if I had not been seen those films but they were a good access point.
Chandler's portrayal,of LA hints at the sleaze in mid century but Ellroy peels back the skin and shoves your nose right in the whole mess.
Read it soon. You will enjoy it but feel guilty for doing so.

Green Leather Golf Score Card Holder
Green Leather Golf Score Card Holder

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 16 Oct. 2014
Bigger than most but more sturdy than the plastic ones I've had previously.

A pen or pencil with a clip helps as the loop is quite large.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6