Profile for slb > Reviews

Content by slb

slb "torquay devon uk" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Black & Decker FSMH1621-GB Autoselect Multi-Floor 7-in-1 Steam Mop
Black & Decker FSMH1621-GB Autoselect Multi-Floor 7-in-1 Steam Mop

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not waste your money on this., 8 Nov 2013
This is dreadful. There is very little steam and my tiles are left streaky every time I use it. On my old steam mop I could hardly touch the cloth pad at the end of a session as it was too hot..... This one barely gets warm. The edges of the cloth pad show dirt after use but the centre is sparkling clean so clearly is not lifting any dirt at all from the floors, am going to sell this one locally...at a loss of course.

Vax V-125A All Terrain Upright Carpet Washer
Vax V-125A All Terrain Upright Carpet Washer

4.0 out of 5 stars Answer for my muddy hard floors, 5 Nov 2013
Finally I think that I have found a machine that will help keep my tiled floors (pounded by 3 large muddy dogs on a daily basis) clean. I have struggled with mops and buckets, steam cleaners, scrubbing brushes, etc etc - this is not perfect but the great thing is that it sucks up all the dirty water. using the wash facility is a bit hit and miss and it does tend to leave streaks but using my mop to wash and this to suck up the dirty water is a good combination. I have not tried it on carpets yet. I baulked at the price of a new one and found a great reconditioned one for under £100 on Amazon.

Vax S5 Kitchen and Bathroom Master Compact Steam Cleaner
Vax S5 Kitchen and Bathroom Master Compact Steam Cleaner

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad buy, 26 Mar 2013
How to use this steamer....... Fill with water and wait 20 minutes for green light....... Use steam jet for 30 seconds and watch green light go out again.... Wait 3 minutes for green light.... Use for 30 seconds.. Watch light go out etc etc etc
This has been one of my worst buys ever and I am sorry but I cannot recommend it. I also have their large floor steam cleaner and this has been replaced 4 times in one year. Their customer service is great at sending replacements and replacement parts free of charge but perhaps they should make reliable cleaners in the first place?

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Lack of information, 4 July 2012
I would not order this as it gives me no data on the amounts per tablet. Hopeless if you are trying to manage specific intake levels

Running Weight Vest for Women *Tones your body & helps you lose weight*
Running Weight Vest for Women *Tones your body & helps you lose weight*

1.0 out of 5 stars Over sized, 15 Jun 2012
Very disappointed as thought this was genuinely a smaller size vest than all the ones for men, sadly I was wrong. I am not huge but this hung off my shoulders and even with the belts on the tightest settings it was too loose and ended up doubled over at the front.
Would not recommend. It fitted my 11 stone husband well with room to spare!!! Seems well made and sturdy but just no good for a smaller woman . Perhaps some sizes would help on the description. Prompt response from company re return but cost me a fortune to post back because of the heavy weights!!!! Not happy. Now ordered one from Amazon US at half the price and the same postage!

Thermoskin Elastic Ankle Wrap Support Small Medium 17-24cm
Thermoskin Elastic Ankle Wrap Support Small Medium 17-24cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 April 2012
Have struggled to find an ankle support that will actually fit inside a normal shoe - this is absolutely brilliant and the best that I have come across. Thoroughly recommend it.

The Betrayal of Trust: Simon Serrailler Book 6 (Simon Serrailler 6)
The Betrayal of Trust: Simon Serrailler Book 6 (Simon Serrailler 6)
by Susan Hill

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 19 Mar 2012
I had hoped that this new novel in the series would be back to the quality of the first ones. But it was not. It was not at all engaging and I started to find Simon and Cat extremely irritating. SImon seems to be a mishmash of previous detectives, good looking, remote, bad at relationships but a great artist - but now he is no longer convincing and even worse, I do not care about him at all. With Cat she is just too good to be true. I also find that the recurring themes of death, loss, family secrets and pain are getting me down. I want to be entertained and challenged and not read about terminal illness in between a a very contrived murder plot. When I reached the end I thought that the printers had omitted several final chapters but she just seems to have completely lost interest or remembered something important that she had to do. Such a huge shame but I shall not buy the next one.

Baby-G Women's Quartz Watch with Black Dial Analogue - Digital Display and Black Resin Strap BGA-110-1B2ER

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 6 Mar 2012
Thought this would be a great watch but it is very flimsy and glossy which is not apparent from the photo. The strap may be rubber but it is very very thin and does not look as if it will be very hard wearing at all. The surface side is high gloss which looks too blingy for me. The headline description calls it a rubber strap but the detail says steel so this again is confusing. When will they make simple watches for women like they do for men!!!

Vax Steam Mop - S2 Upright Hard Floor Master
Vax Steam Mop - S2 Upright Hard Floor Master

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 10 Feb 2012
Do manufacturers ever do real testing? If so then this would never have been put on the market. A steam cleaner which provides bursts of cool steam which last about 5 seconds, white head covers which leave huge streaks in the floor and a filling mechanism that requires you to take out the reservoir, fill it, replace the cap and then turn it upside down to fit it back in. Absolutely useless and not fit for purpose. Shame on you Vax

Vax V-120 Floormate Hard Floor Washer
Vax V-120 Floormate Hard Floor Washer

1.0 out of 5 stars Finally given up, 29 Nov 2011
After a year of battling with this it finally died last week, and in the process flooded the floor with dirty water. My comments are that it is very heavy to manoeuvre, the brushes stop spinning regularly and only start again if you fiddle the wet wash switch, the brushes get nowhere near lifting dirt off the flor and we have smooth ceramic tiles, suction for wet pick up useless. So i have reverted to a floor mop and my wonderful little charlie wet and dry hoover....... The vax machine is in the garage waiting to go to the tip!!! Save your money and time and buy something else but not this!!!!

Page: 1 | 2