Profile for BeccaB > Reviews

BeccaB

Jinn and Juice
Jinn and Juice

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab new series, 3 Dec 2014
This review is from: Jinn and Juice (Kindle Edition)
I loved the Jane True series - this is nothing like Jane. And that's good! Otherwise we'd have been happier with more Jane! This is a fantastic new series in its own right. It's got some things in common with Jane though - humour, drama, gore, steam. Can't wait for the next one!

Personalised Large Rustic Pine Wood Pet Dog Keepsake Memory Storage Box -frame for photo - Decorated Paws - Gift for keepsakes or memorial boxes
Offered by Read's Creations

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, 16 May 2014
Absolutely beautiful memorial box for our boy. High quality craftsmanship. Delighted with it, thank you, this is helping us through a difficult time

Pirate's Treasure Gemstone Chest
Pirate's Treasure Gemstone Chest
Offered by GeoFossils

2.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you check the dimensions!, 25 April 2014
It is a very nice chest, & packed with gemstones (to the point it's a struggle to close) but CHECK THE DIMENSIONS BEFORE YOU ORDER. The description is accurate but I was very surprised when it arrived as it is TINY. My error, just got an impression from picture rather than read the measurements. Don't want anyone else to experience my disappointment

Romeo Redeemed
Romeo Redeemed

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully romantic, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: Romeo Redeemed (Hardcover)
The follow up to Juliet Immortal- you really need to have read that first. A twist on the classic Romeo & Juliet- what if Romeo had betrayed Juliet and all the stories were false?
As always with Stacey Jay, the story pulls you in- this one is beautifully written with enough drama, suspense & romance thrown in. Never predictable- loved it!

Blood on the Bayou (Annabelle Lee)
Blood on the Bayou (Annabelle Lee)
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love this series, 10 April 2012
This book follows on from Dead on the Delta, the first in this series, and I have been eagerly awaiting it to find out what Annabelle gets up to next, and I was not disappointed! Some authors just have a knack of telling a good story and make you want to keep turning the page, and that's what I've found with Stacey Jay - you've got the conflict of wanting to find out what happens next, but not wanting to finish the book!
Sometimes it feels like the paranormal genre has got a bit lazy with the success of certain books out there (you know which ones!), and don't get me wrong, I love a good vampire book as much as the next girl, but I also love finding something a bit different, where the characters and "species" aren't totally predictable. Combined with the story-telling skills, this makes this series unmissable, and am desperately hoping for book number 3!

Dead on the Delta
Dead on the Delta
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars The next big thing in the paranormal genre, 30 Jun 2011
I bought this book after seeing it recommended by an author I love....and I wasn't disappointed. The product description gives you the general story, but what made me instantly rush to see if book 2 was a) planned (yes) and b) available to pre-order (not yet) was the way the story pulled me in and made me care about the characters - oh yes, and there's plenty of peril and heart in your throat stuff too - the only danger is severe tiredness owing to the "just one more chapter" syndrome!

Can't wait til book 2 - so am currently working my way through Stacey's young adult back catalogue and enjoying every page!