Profile for Felicity Morte > Reviews

Content by Felicity Morte

Felicity Morte (South Yorks, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
WWK DERBY TWEED BREATHABLE HUNTING SHOOTING JACKET COAT WATERPROOF BRANDED MENS WOOL (Small)
Offered by WWK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value., 4 Feb. 2013
I couldn't quite believe that such a high quality product was available at such a low price. I believe it now! I took the advice of other reviewers & bought the size smaller than usual, as the fit was described as generousl. I was a little anxious about this as I had bought it as a gift, but the advice turned out to be sound & the fit was perfect. Very highly recommended.

THE COMPLETE LUCIA VICTRIX: QUEEN LUCIA, MISS MAPP, LUCIA IN LONDON, MAPP AND LUCIA, TROUBLE FOR LUCIA  (Annotated and With Active Table of Contents)
THE COMPLETE LUCIA VICTRIX: QUEEN LUCIA, MISS MAPP, LUCIA IN LONDON, MAPP AND LUCIA, TROUBLE FOR LUCIA (Annotated and With Active Table of Contents)

5.0 out of 5 stars Six gems in one volume!, 4 Feb. 2013
I have always been a fan of E.F.Benson's arch rivals & queens of social oneupmanship. Paperback copies of each volume have long graced my bookshelves. To have each of the 6 books on my kindle, & always at my finger tips should I need to flick through & find a withering put down to fell a social rival, is sheer joy. I recommend a trip to Mapp & Lucia's world for anyone interested in idling away a few hours & observing the downfall of others at a safe distance. Deliciously funny & astonishingly low priced; you cannot go wrong!

The Christmas Ghost (Christmas Ghost Stories Book 1)
The Christmas Ghost (Christmas Ghost Stories Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A cozy, seasonal read., 4 Feb. 2013
I bought this Christmas short story for my Kindle, as I wanted an easy going festive read. This is exactly what I got. It filled an hour on a dreary afternoon & instilled a warm glow. A perfect little Christmas bite on the lead up to the feast!

Lanterns Across the Snow
Lanterns Across the Snow
by Susan Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'must read' every Christmas!, 12 Jan. 2013
I bought a copy of this book for a friend just before Christmas. The reason being, that I couldn't bear to be parted from my own copy. It's a beautifully descriptive recollection of a child's Christmas at a country rectory; her final Christmas before her life alters forever. The story begins with an old lady watching the snow start to fall on Christmas Eve, and she remembers. She's the only one left who remembers. Her reverie transports the reader back with her, to a time & place when birth and death were just viewed as part of the great cycle of life, and children were not shielded from its effects. Her recollections give unsentimental accounts from a child's excitement on Christmas Eve, to her obvious irritation, when her Clergyman father is called from Christmas dinner to administer to a home where tragedy stalks. She witnesses a dead man laid out in his bed and visits a new born baby on the same day, treating both events with the same equanimity . The story winds up where it starts, with the old lady watching the snowfall through the window. Susan Hill's story delivers an overall feeling of warmth, but typically, there's a reminder of our mortality that leaves a slight chill & feeling of discomfort.
I read this book every December. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Genuine Sebo Dustbags x 10 X series machines, 370, x, c, x1, x1.1, x4, x4extra, x4pet
Offered by Suds-Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Sebo Dustbags, 30 May 2012
I usually have to travel to a large, city store to buy dust bags for my Sebo - and I have to pay top price! These were a great price, & I travelled no further than the Amazon website. I'm happy with that!

Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights - Series 1 and 2 Box Set [DVD]
Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights - Series 1 and 2 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Kay
Offered by Bonkers4Bargains!

5.0 out of 5 stars The magic of Potter - Brian, that is!, 13 July 2011
Every time I see Phoenix Nights I spot something new, which is why I never grow weary of watching it. It's a sharp and humerous observation of life in the working men's clubs of the north of England. And while experience of such establishments is desirable in order to appreciate the brilliance of the scriptwriters, it is not essential. Those who have never ventured into clubland should still raise a few smiles. This brand of observational humour is in my opinion, comedy at its best; and Phoenix Nights ranks highly in this field. It's humour is based on real people & situations; subjects we can identify with. It's not some run of the mill boring sit com served up season after season, with 'chirpy chappies' rattling out hackneyed catchphrases. It's a current gem & a future classic! This boxed set containing series 1 & 2 is excellent value and contains additional features to enhance the Phoenix Nights experience further still. It was money well spent.

Kate Rusby & Kathryn Roberts
Kate Rusby & Kathryn Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars Kate Rusby & Kathryn Roberts., 9 July 2011
A superb album from two competent & polished vocalists. I feel however, that the album is a better vehicle for Kate Rusby's vocal style, and that Kathryn Roberts comes more into her own on the two albums she's recorded with Sean Lakeman.
I have admired Roberts & Lakeman's work for a long time, but after hearing this album I will definitely be taking a closer look at Kate Rusby's work. Pleasant & easy on the ear from start to finish, and a must have for all Rusby and/or Roberts fans.

A Christmas Carol
A Christmas Carol
by Charles Dickens
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas Classic., 23 Mar. 2011
This review is from: A Christmas Carol (Audio CD)
I was looking for a replacement of my cassette tape version of this story read by George Cole. While I still have a deep affection for the George Cole version, Miriam Margolyes does a very creditable and well delivered alternative.

Converse Unisex-Adult CTAS PLAID Rust Brown PLAID Hi Lace Up 117403 7 UK
Converse Unisex-Adult CTAS PLAID Rust Brown PLAID Hi Lace Up 117403 7 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool Converse!, 23 Mar. 2011
A comfortable & striking design. As the owner of several pairs of Converse All Stars, I receive more favourable comments about this pair than all the others put together.

Robin of Sherwood: Complete Series 1 [DVD] [1984]
Robin of Sherwood: Complete Series 1 [DVD] [1984]
Dvd ~ Michael Praed

5.0 out of 5 stars Robin of Sherwood., 23 Mar. 2011
This is still my favourite version of Robin Hood. While Robin and Marian may be a little too neatly groomed, the absence of 'men in tights' & the haunting score by Clannad make for a pleasant viewing experience. Every bit as good as I remember it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5