Profile for Me > Reviews

Content by Me

Me "'Oh behave!'" (Manchester)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Anna Karen (On The Buses) - Genuine Singed Autograph
Anna Karen (On The Buses) - Genuine Singed Autograph
Offered by 10th Planet Autographs and Events

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fine autographed print from Tenth Planet Events, 18 Nov 2014
Another fine autographed print from Tenth Planet Events. I have ordered a few of these now and they have been delivered very quickly. They come with a certificate of authenticity.

What We Did On Our Holiday [Blu-ray]
What We Did On Our Holiday [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Rosamund Pike

5.0 out of 5 stars A brief review of the film, 7 Oct 2014
What we did on our holidays is very much in the tradition of Local Hero, Whisky Galore and Gregory's girl (yes they were all shot in wonderful scenic, Scotland) with their great quirky characters and sense of humour. I went to see this knowing nothing about it and I have to admit I fell in love with it. It's rare a whole audience laughs throughout and it's rare I get tears in my eyes. All the actors excel but it's the children who are incredible. What stunning, natural, performances they give and what comic timing they possess. The scenes with their Grandfather are amazing. Oh cinema is rarely as good as this. Look go see it but try to avoid spoilers.

Cannibal Holocaust [Blu-ray] [US Import]
Cannibal Holocaust [Blu-ray] [US Import]

5.0 out of 5 stars A tasty region free release., 20 Aug 2014
A tasty region free release of a film I have grown to respect. Oh this is a glorious Blu Ray. Who'd honestly have thought that we'd be see this masterpiece of horror looking so good. When I was a lad living in Yorkshire, after working 76 hours a day at 'mill I'd pop by our local video shop in't Penistone and borrow Cannibal Holocaust. Funny enough bits would be missing, and then one day, after PC Pillock and the moral majority sent the SAS in to the shop, it was gone. It became my quest to hunt down this film, burrowing in piles of rubbish to find even a tenth generation VHS copy of a betamax copy of a Video 2000 master. Watching it was like having cataracts. 'e those were the days, try telling the kids and they won't believe you. Now we have it looking like it was shot yesterday. By gum Grindhouse has done the film proud. You can even watch it with the Whippet killing scenes removed.

Black & White Kitten Cat in Santa Hat 5 pack of 5" square Charity Christmas cards glitter detail
Offered by My Furry Friend Card & Gift Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitten Christmas., 20 Aug 2014
A nice cuddly Christmas awaits.

Hands of the Ripper [Blu-ray]
Hands of the Ripper [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Eric Porter

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Friday night in the 70's all over again., 20 Aug 2014
Oh this is a good release, not only have Network released a terrific looking blu ray of a favorite Hammer film of mine but they've added a great episode of Thriller (Once the Killing Starts staring Angharad Rees) on the disc as well. It's like staying up late on a Friday night in the '70's all over again. I hope this trend will continue in their horror releases. Nice one Network.

Funny Cat Card - Game of Claws - greeting card NF125
Funny Cat Card - Game of Claws - greeting card NF125

5.0 out of 5 stars I wonder if I can get a funny birthday card for a friend who likes cats and ..., 26 July 2014
I thought, I wonder if I can get a funny birthday card for a friend who likes cats and Game of Thrones? Seconds later after searching on Amazon I found one. We indeed live in a time of miracles! It's a nice card too.

The Borderlands [DVD]
The Borderlands [DVD]
Dvd ~ Luke Neal
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Found footage it might be but..., 9 April 2014
This review is from: The Borderlands [DVD] (DVD)
This is the business. At last a superior found footage film that really works well.The camera wobble is kept to a minimum and unlike Paranormal Inactivity and Devil's Due it doesn't leave you with a migraine. I found it funny and above all really frightening, please do yourself a favour and watch it with the lights out. If you fancy a traditional British Ghost story then this creeping tale of terror is for you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2014 4:47 PM BST

An Adventure in Space and Time [DVD]
An Adventure in Space and Time [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Bradley

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly wonderful (but why no blu ray?), 22 Nov 2013
I was three days old when Dr Who began and it's played a big part in making me the person I am today (although I do plan to regenerate before this week is out). I was overjoyed watching the show last night. It was unashamed nostalgia and absolutely lovely. Christmas has indeed come early for us fans of The Doctor. I have just one question of the BBC, why oh why isn't there a blu ray release? The show looks exquisite and demands it. Please BBC I want to spend more money.

Deranged [Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD]
Deranged [Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD]
Dvd ~ Roberts Blossom

5.0 out of 5 stars A minor classic. A tale of the grotesque., 1 Sep 2013
I clearly remember seeing stills from Deranged in House of Hammer magazine back in the day. Sadly before I could see it the video nasty purges took it from the video shops. I always wondered what the film was like and now thanks to Arrow films I have finally seen it. What a little cracker of a film and what a super performance by Roberts Blossom (the creepy old guy in Home Alone [DVD] [1990]as the killer. It's a gory, grotesque and ghoulish and tells the story Ed Gein, the Wisconsin serial killer. Visually it obviously was a massive source of inspiration for Rob Zombie but the film is nice and low key. Fans of '70's American horror should love this and snap up this excellent uncut Arrow Blu Ray.

Dracula Di Dario Argento
Dracula Di Dario Argento
Dvd ~ Asia Argento

4.0 out of 5 stars After all the bad press....., 23 April 2013
This review is from: Dracula Di Dario Argento (Blu-ray)
Well, well, I am so pleased to say I have just watched Dario Argento's Dracula and I really enjoyed it. After reading volumes of bad press and the abysmal Giallo still festering in my mind I approached it nervously. It isn't perfect but I liked the locations and the castle was really nice (but I know better ones in Ukraine). The art direction was lovely and the quirky performances were certainly not out of place in an Argento film and I liked the changes Dario made to a story we've seen many many times before. Kretschmann's Dracula recalls Louis Jordan and even Max Schreck at times. The big shock for me was that I found the giant Preying Mantis a great idea and quite diabolic. Come on Dario, what is it about insects that you like so much? Cockroach spies? Well it is an Argento film after all. I'd much rather have this rather restrained and quirky Dracula than the in your face over the top Gothic Coppola version. I think the photography, bright, clear and sharp was quite something. You don't tend to get such clarity in horror films. I imagine it would improve the 3D viewing experience as dark and shadows turn the 3D image to mush but having seen it 2D I can't comment. So it's a huge improvement on Giallo and Phantom of the Opera, it's going to divide fans but hope, after a while, people might warm to it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11