Profile for Andy B > Reviews

Content by Andy B

Andy B "'Oh behave!'" (Manchester)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Father of Lies
Father of Lies

5.0 out of 5 stars RosariesBaby., 4 July 2015
This review is from: Father of Lies (Kindle Edition)
Not since Father Ted had money 'resting' in his bank account has the Catholic Church been quite so devious and dastardly. What begins as a creepy English ghost story ends in the Vatican in this exciting page turning theological fantasy. I am not a fan of Dan Brown's writing, I always found his stories so ludicrous and too fantastic. Serena Caines sensibly goes for the supernatural and the whole incredible story works a treat. Characterisation is good, especially the baddies. The horror and suspense is well written but it's her powers of description that stand out. Her Rome especially is painted in such beautiful colours. A first novel? Oh I'm impressed.

Here and There: The Epic B-sides (1983-1991)
Here and There: The Epic B-sides (1983-1991)

5.0 out of 5 stars Why I love The Stranglers, 31 Dec. 2014
Ahhh, the good ol' 'B' side, I guess it's pretty much a lost art now but back in the day these fabulous finely crafted and melodic little gems were to be found all over the place, hidden on vinyl and even cassette singles (remember them?). For me they became quite as important as Heroes, Skin Deep, Nice in Nice, Big in America etc and all the other great Stranglers' songs. The only time they came together was when I made my own compilation tapes. And now, oh this new compilation has brought a great smile to my face. Here they are, sounding great and all together even including the live tracks that turned up on singles between 83 and 91. This was such a creative period for the band and this CD has finally done them justice. This is the essential purchase for all Stranglers fans, I mean who wouldn't want the complete story of poor Vladimir? Terrific!

Anna Karen (On The Buses) - Genuine Singed Autograph
Anna Karen (On The Buses) - Genuine Singed Autograph
Offered by 10th Planet Autographs and Events

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fine autographed print from Tenth Planet Events, 18 Nov. 2014
Another fine autographed print from Tenth Planet Events. I have ordered a few of these now and they have been delivered very quickly. They come with a certificate of authenticity.

What We Did On Our Holiday [Blu-ray + UV Copy]
What We Did On Our Holiday [Blu-ray + UV Copy]
Dvd ~ Rosamund Pike

5.0 out of 5 stars A brief review of the film, 7 Oct. 2014
What we did on our holidays is very much in the tradition of Local Hero, Whisky Galore and Gregory's girl (yes they were all shot in wonderful scenic, Scotland) with their great quirky characters and sense of humour. I went to see this knowing nothing about it and I have to admit I fell in love with it. It's rare a whole audience laughs throughout and it's rare I get tears in my eyes. All the actors excel but it's the children who are incredible. What stunning, natural, performances they give and what comic timing they possess. The scenes with their Grandfather are amazing. Oh cinema is rarely as good as this. Look go see it but try to avoid spoilers.

Cannibal Holocaust [Blu-ray] [US Import]
Cannibal Holocaust [Blu-ray] [US Import]
Offered by supermart_usa

5.0 out of 5 stars A tasty region free release., 20 Aug. 2014
A tasty region free release of a film I have grown to respect. Oh this is a glorious Blu Ray. Who'd honestly have thought that we'd be see this masterpiece of horror looking so good. When I was a lad living in Yorkshire, after working 76 hours a day at 'mill I'd pop by our local video shop in't Penistone and borrow Cannibal Holocaust. Funny enough bits would be missing, and then one day, after PC Pillock and the moral majority sent the SAS in to the shop, it was gone. It became my quest to hunt down this film, burrowing in piles of rubbish to find even a tenth generation VHS copy of a betamax copy of a Video 2000 master. Watching it was like having cataracts. 'e those were the days, try telling the kids and they won't believe you. Now we have it looking like it was shot yesterday. By gum Grindhouse has done the film proud. You can even watch it with the Whippet killing scenes removed.

Black & White Kitten Cat in Santa Hat 5 pack of 5" square Charity Christmas cards glitter detail

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitten Christmas., 20 Aug. 2014
A nice cuddly Christmas awaits.

Hands of the Ripper [Blu-ray]
Hands of the Ripper [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Eric Porter

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Friday night in the 70's all over again., 20 Aug. 2014
Oh this is a good release, not only have Network released a terrific looking blu ray of a favorite Hammer film of mine but they've added a great episode of Thriller (Once the Killing Starts staring Angharad Rees) on the disc as well. It's like staying up late on a Friday night in the '70's all over again. I hope this trend will continue in their horror releases. Nice one Network.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I wonder if I can get a funny birthday card for a friend who likes cats and ..., 26 July 2014
I thought, I wonder if I can get a funny birthday card for a friend who likes cats and Game of Thrones? Seconds later after searching on Amazon I found one. We indeed live in a time of miracles! It's a nice card too.

The Borderlands [DVD]
The Borderlands [DVD]
Dvd ~ Luke Neal

5.0 out of 5 stars Found footage it might be but..., 9 April 2014
This review is from: The Borderlands [DVD] (DVD)
This is the business. At last a superior found footage film that really works well.The camera wobble is kept to a minimum and unlike Paranormal Inactivity and Devil's Due it doesn't leave you with a migraine. I found it funny and above all really frightening, please do yourself a favour and watch it with the lights out. If you fancy a traditional British Ghost story then this creeping tale of terror is for you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2014 4:47 PM BST

An Adventure in Space and Time [DVD]
An Adventure in Space and Time [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Bradley

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly wonderful (but why no blu ray?), 22 Nov. 2013
I was three days old when Dr Who began and it's played a big part in making me the person I am today (although I do plan to regenerate before this week is out). I was overjoyed watching the show last night. It was unashamed nostalgia and absolutely lovely. Christmas has indeed come early for us fans of The Doctor. I have just one question of the BBC, why oh why isn't there a blu ray release? The show looks exquisite and demands it. Please BBC I want to spend more money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2015 11:25 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11