Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Dawson's Creek: Season 6 [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ James Van der Beek
Offered by b68solutions

3.0 out of 5 stars Things go a bit ropey for DC!, 7 Feb. 2006
I thought the first 4 seasons of DC were near enough perfect- they captured the termoil of being age 15- 18 beautifully for me, however in my opinion DC just did not work away from Capeside and this is my least favourite season.
The writers don't really seem to know what they are doing at some points. By this season, Joey has really emerged as the central character and she starts off the show by sleeping with Dawson which I actually thought was romantic, but then it all falls apart immediately and Joey flits from one man to another- Eddie (who I wasnt keen on as a character) and then she gets back with Pacey, but then Eddie comes back so she dumps Pacey again. That kinda ruined it for me as I think Pacey and Joey work really well together.
I don't like what they do with Pacey's character here either- Pacey's new job and lifestyle is so, well.. un-pacey like! Pacey is going out with Audrey (another character I don't like) and they are blatently not compatible. Dawson's flitting around with that actress but as usual, James Van Der Beek fails to make this relationship seem genuine. And Jen and Jack are resigned to being sub-characters now. It's very poor when compared to the storylines of seasons 1- 4. It doesnt help that the show has so many different writers in this season- every episode seems to be written by a different person!
HOWEVER the saving grace of this season and the reason I gave it 3 stars,not 2, is the finale which is just perfect! Kevin Williamson, the show's creator really does an outstanding job here. I love the way it is set 5 years in the future. It was a sensible choice really, given that DC just does not have the magic when they are all at college and away from Capeside! This episode sees them all reunited in Capeside for Dawson's mum's wedding. It's great seeing what happened to the characters (always knew Pacey was right about his brother!) and seeing them back together with the same chemistry they had back in the early days of the show. The Pacey- Joey- Dawson triangle which really became the central feature of the show is put to rest and ended in a very neat way which ties up loose ends. There's some lovely scenes between all the characters. It was very sad though as well and I'm not ashamed to admit I cried buckets. I was very pleased with the ending!
I'd say only buy Season 6 if you were an avid fan like me and want to complete your collection. Otherwise, I'd stick to the early seasons, where the Capeside magic is still in tact!

Dawson's Creek: Complete Season 1 [DVD]
Dawson's Creek: Complete Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Van Der Beek
Offered by brewermill

4.0 out of 5 stars The original DC and one of the best!, 7 Feb. 2006
I love this season. It's a real trip down memory lane for me. I had just started college when DC began so I was close in age to the characters and I could really relate to how they felt. I think Joey's feelings for Dawson are portrayed really well. Joey has always been one of the most compelling characters in this series for me and I was delighted to see her end up with Dawson at the end of this series (back in the day when Dawson was still a credible character that is!) Unlike in subsequent seasons, I think ALL the actors put a really good performance in here.
There's no denying it's a great storyline- 3 friends growing up in a small town when in steps this wild child from New York to rock their world! Pacey doesnt really get the chance to shine as much here as in later seasons, which is a shame.
I think this season is essential to anyone who got into DC later on, as this season really lays the foundations for the whole Dawson- Joey- Pacey thing that comes later.
Even if you werent a fan of later seasons of DC I think you would like this- it's much more light hearted than later seasons and has some cracking episodes, especially that one that takes off "The Breakfast Club"
I'd definitely reccommend it!