Profile for David Williams > Reviews

Content by David Williams

David Williams

Mass Effect - 2 Disk Special - Classics Edition (Xbox 360)
Mass Effect - 2 Disk Special - Classics Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by DEP.PRODUCTS

4.0 out of 5 stars Fanastic long game with great replay value!, 21 Mar. 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Mass Effect was a game I hadn't ever considered, until I read reviews of the new Mass Effect 2. The game combined elements of a shooter and RPG. There are moments where exploration is the key, circumventing an event to approach from an unexpected angle. Other times a frontal attack is the only option, going in guns ablazing.

The addition of skills add a different approach, and some work some don't (something I think has been improved upon in the new game).

When you then add in the addition of the extensive replay value, this is an excellent long term game. However some of the non-story line missions can get a little repetitive!

Overall, brilliant!

FLASH SUPERSTORE SAMSUNG S5600 PRESTON LCD SCREEN PROTECTOR AND SILICONE SKIN COVER/CASE PROTECTIVE RUBBER BLACK
Offered by FLASHSUPERSTORE

4.0 out of 5 stars S5600 rubber protector, 9 Feb. 2010
This item does the job nicely. It is a thin flexible rubber sheath, which protects the phone very well. It allows easy access to all of the buttons including the ones on the side, and doesn't impede any usage. It also still allows clear communication during calls, and I have not noticed any reduction in either speaker or microphone sensitivity.

The only negative aspects are that due to its thin flexible nature, it does tend to slide off of the phone occasionally, especially when pulling it out of a tighter pocket (such as in denim jeans).

Other than that a very good product!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2010 2:43 PM GMT

Moving Target: Vatta's War: Book Two
Moving Target: Vatta's War: Book Two
by Elizabeth Moon

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast paced, exciting - I couldn't put it down!, 15 May 2009
I bought the first of this series a few years back - read it and forgot it. However I picked it up again recently and enjoyed it so much I bought the second.

Well it was just as good! Good character developement, good story lines, good action sequences at times. All in all a good read which I stuggled to put down.

My only critisism is that at times it can be a little ... "predictable", whereas at other times it goes off in a direction you really didn't see coming.

Finally not a critisism, just a comment - sometimes you really wish Elizabeth Moon had gone into her characters a little more, there were so many points where she gives little clues to a character's past, etc, but that's it, you are left wanting more.

But who knows - perhaps they are explained in the remaining books! I have just bought them so lets see!

Sniper One: The Blistering True Story of a British Battle Group Under Siege
Sniper One: The Blistering True Story of a British Battle Group Under Siege
by Sgt. Dan Mills

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - Just Fantastic, 9 Jun. 2008
I have never read a book of this genre before, and to be honest I bought as a "why not" decision. I can safely say it is one of the best books I have ever read, and I am so glad I picked it up off the shelf!

It is an absolute page turner too. I am a fast reader but I finished this book in 2days! Every page is filled with fantastic descriptions of real life events of our British Soldiers, but with none of the gung-ho bravado you might expect from books like these. The story seems perfectly accurate, entirely believable and overall a "no-frills" account of the war in Iraq.

I never felt like Sgt Dan Mills was ever trying to convert people to the war, or glorify it in any way, in his own words, he is a soldier and he was there doing his job. End of story!

My last comment, if you only buy one book this year, buy this one, you will not regret it!