Profile for Mr. R. D. Nicholls > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. D. Nicholls

Mr. R. D. Nicholls (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
IBRA® 2m High Speed PRO GOLD RED v2.0/1.4a HDMI Cable 3D 2160p PS4 SKY HD 4K Ultra HD(Version 2.0, 18Gbps, ARC)
Offered by HD ZONE

5.0 out of 5 stars PRO GOLD HDMI CABLE - IT'S A STEAL!, 8 Jun 2010
I bought the 2 metre version of the Pro Gold HDMI cable to allow me to get the best quality from an Xbox Elite that I'd just bought. I'd used an expensive HDMI cable for my DVD player but didn't want to spend that sort of money for gaming. I'd used a Pro Gold coaxial cable before and found that to be pretty good and at the price thought I'd give it a go. The cable turned up quickly.

The PRO GOLD HDMI cable is well made, it looks and feels like a quality cable and the quality of the picture that I'm getting is excellent. If I need another HDMI cable I wouldn't hesitate to repeat the order.

Exotic Birds And Fruit
Exotic Birds And Fruit

5.0 out of 5 stars Procol Harum's under-rated masterpiece, 29 Mar 2010
This review is from: Exotic Birds And Fruit (Audio CD)
The 40th anniversary edition is in fact the 3rd copy of the album that I possess, having the original vinyl, the first issue on CD (which we had to wait until 1995 for!) and now the remastered CD. It's worth it though as the sound on the latest "Exotic Birds and Fruit" is wonderfully clean.
A wonderful album that gets of to a great rocking start with "Nothing But The Truth" working its way to the albums final track the, ballad "New Lamps for Old" ( you can really appreciate Barrie Wilson's contribution on the drums thanks to the quality of the remastering). Along the way there are further excellent songs to savour such as "Strong as Samson" and "Butterfly Boys" and a particular favourite of mine "Beyond the Pale".
It was always going to be difficult to follow "Grand Hotel" but opting for the back to basics route Procol were re-energised and delivered a wonderful album that did not enjoy the commercial success it deserved. Funnily enough, the next album, "Procol's 9th" did reveal the band to be running out of steam but due to the hit single "Pandora's Box" it sold more copies. Oh well, that's life I guess!
The remastered CD also contains "Drunk Again" which was a B side and well worth hearing, and an alternative mix of "Strong as Samson".

Page: 1 | 2 | 3