ARRAY(0xabf2b3cc)

Profile for Neil Franklin > Reviews

Content by Neil Franklin

Neil Franklin "mcqueen" (england)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
360 Degree Swivel Car Windshield Mount Holder Bracket for iPhone 4 / 4S, Samsung Galaxy, and Ther PDA, Smart Mobile Phones
Offered by E 4 Emporium Limited
Price: 2.40

2.0 out of 5 stars Think about buying something better quality......., 3 Mar 2014
Well to be fair to the seller the item is what you would expect for the money and please make sure if you do buy one it doesn't come direct from china ( I did ,foolishly thinking the seller would have bought the item in bulk and shipped from the UK) . I didn't realise that mine would take so long and to be honest four days after I bought this item I bought something else from china and it beat this item to my door?? This was a very long time in coming and I must say it didn't get me too excited as it is what you would expect .....

I think by this time next week I will be buying something a little bit better made and put this awful buying experience well behind me ...

Wired--up Gold Plated 3.5mm Jack Splitter Adapter - Black
Wired--up Gold Plated 3.5mm Jack Splitter Adapter - Black
Offered by MI-EShop.
Price: 0.75

5.0 out of 5 stars BUT THIS ITEM TODAY !!! :), 23 Jan 2014
I bought this item ,will infact two at this great price and within 24 hours I am using them !! Ideal for sharing music and I bought these to use on our flights abroad with my wife so we can both watch our own movies on her tablet !
Sheer quality item and well pleased :)

The Essential Ozzy Osbourne
The Essential Ozzy Osbourne
Price: 7.78

5.0 out of 5 stars OZZY..!! OZZY !!! OZZY!!!, 15 Jan 2014
If you love this guy you will love this cd ...Yeah I know he has done a load more tracks but these in my opinion are my favourite ones.. I totally recommend this cd if you just want to go back to the good old days of rock or you are new to this rock leg end !

A Real Hero - Single
A Real Hero - Single
Price: 0.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Great song to match a great film...., 12 Jan 2014
Watch the film ,DRIVE then you will see how powerful this song really is...... I love the 80's sound to match the mood of the Driver

Drive
Drive
Price: 3.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful...Just Dreadful......., 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Drive (Kindle Edition)
I bought this after watching the film of the same name and I absolutely disliked it ..I wont say hate because I find that word so offensive and cannot believe anyone can really hate anything ... However, back to the book... I didn't like the fact it jumped around so much and became so hard to follow and what surprised me more than anything is that the character didn't in anyway match the one portrayed by Ryan Gosling which I found personally totally memorising and made the story for me .

The driver in the book said to much and was far to chatty to match the story or as I understood it in the film ,he is supposed to be a loner and damaged psychologically and clearly as anger issues which totally come across in the film . I didn't like the female lead in the book as much as I did in the film and nor did I like the to close buddy relationship with her husband and the driver in the book to the film version.
I could write on about the whole book but I don't see the point as I can answer the question in one sentence ...It is nothing like the film and in my personal opinion although the same in structure a totally different story . I cannot see how such a great film which will I am sure become a cult one in time could be born from such a dreary book ... So please if you are looking to read a great film script based story of DRIVE ,please don't waste your time reading this as I did.....

David Jason: My Life
David Jason: My Life
Price: 6.65

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book but a bit up and down for my liking ........, 2 Jan 2014
Mmmm... Well considering we have waited so long for Sir David Jason to actually write his own personal view of his life and career I must say I was a little disappointed with this book. I cannot really blame the author for the final product as it was really the work of the publisher and proof reader but I found it just did not flow and jumped around quite a lot .

I am a huge fan of the characters and works of David Jason but not to keen on him personally ( and yes I have had first hand experience of this ) I found like most people of his standing in the world of entertainment he is rather too private to really write his own true account book and having read it I can see so many gaps in his career.
However, like all stars the need for publicity is always greater than anything else when it suits them ( following many TV / Radio appearances to promote his book ) following these I cannot completely understand how he can choose when and where he wishes to be private?

I am rather glad I only spent 4 on the Kindle version and not 20 on the hardback . I can imagine for all the anorak die hard fans of Sir David Jason /OFAH / Open All Hours etc this is the Holy Grail for them but for me I can see it being the next 2.99 book bin fodder at "The Works " .......

The Wit and Wisdom of Only Fools and Horses
The Wit and Wisdom of Only Fools and Horses
Price: 1.79

2.0 out of 5 stars MMmmmmm ..., 2 Jan 2014
I bought this as you do as a huge OFAH fan ,but to be honest I found it rather boring and very lazily written and quite pointless . Any fan will know all these quotes and clips from the show so you are not actually reading anything new here :(
4 out of 10 for me :(

Quotes To Enrich Life & Spirit - From Buddha through Gandhi to Zen
Quotes To Enrich Life & Spirit - From Buddha through Gandhi to Zen
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK AND SO USEFUL :), 2 Jan 2014
I have been a huge fan of quotes and sayings which make you look and reflex on your path in life and this book as lots to chose from.

I have taken some great comfort from some of the quotes written in this book and I particularly like the way the author clearly has chosen such great ones. I came across this brilliant book whilst watching the authors great photography tutorials on YouTube and his own website [...]
Having read this book I can now see why his tutorials have such meaning and excellent guidance if he has used this book .

I hope this little review has been of help and thank you for reading :)

The Riddlers - Mossop the Hero & Other Stories  [DVD]
The Riddlers - Mossop the Hero & Other Stories [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Llewellyn Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic TV show :), 9 Dec 2013
Anyone who is looking to buy this dvd will already know about the show and its easy to watch format . What amazes me is that the children of today can watch and enjoy it just as they did in the 90's :)

I actually bought this for my wife as a little stocking filler as she is a huge fan and was an avid watcher as a child :)
I watched the Dvd to check it worked ok and actually ended up watching all the episodes .

Yeah ... I know I am a big kid !! ....and yes and I am actually a 47 year old man :)

Apollo23 - Puffer Pop-up Flash Diffuser, White
Apollo23 - Puffer Pop-up Flash Diffuser, White
Offered by Apollo_23
Price: 0.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit ..Well worth the money :), 28 Nov 2013
I bought this to of course diffuse my on camera flash and to be honest it really did the job for me .

Very well made and fits on my Canon 20D like it was made for it !
For the small price , ( less than 3.00 with shipping ) what do you have to lose ?

Although like me you will be 100% happy that you did buy it !

Company delivery was excellent and their customer service is second to none , Very happy ! :)

Thanks fore reading and I hope this as been of help to you :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5