Profile for Nirmala D. Edelstein > Reviews

Content by Nirmala D. Ede...

Nirmala D. Edelstein

Page: 1 | 2
Goddess Power
Goddess Power
Price: 3.27

5.0 out of 5 stars This book had to be written!, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Goddess Power (Kindle Edition)
As a Leo, in my constant quest for perfection, beauty and joy, I loved reading this book because it goes straight to the heart of the matter, and brings forth with such utter clarity how wonderful it is to be oneself. After reading the section on Leo, it all rang so incredibly true, like my best happiest most enlightened self was reminding myself how beautiful we are, and how special, and how we shouldn't ever take for granted the beauty we have within us, and even in our darkest moments, there is a lesson to be learned. I think all women should have this book in their collection, by their bed stand even, and read the section about themselves whenever they need a quick reminder as to why life is worth living, hahaha! Even writing this I am aware of my Leonine flamboyance in the way that I speak, and for once, I don't feel I should have to apologize for it, or "tone it down" and it feels great! Read this and blast away those cynical demons, you don't need them in your life! What we do need is inspiration and a springboard for creativity, and this book accomplishes just that!
Thank you Robin MacNaughton, for writing and publishing this!

Relax Melodies Premium: A White Noise Ambience For Sleep, Meditation & Yoga
Relax Melodies Premium: A White Noise Ambience For Sleep, Meditation & Yoga
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best app ever!, 6 Mar 2014
I was going through a really tough time, and found this app whilst randomly browsing. What a blessing that turned out to be! Not only does it WORK to relax you, but the variety of sounds and the fact that you can combine them any which way you want to create tailor made soundtracks to suit any possible wish is just staggering! AND the added bonus are the frequency sounds which can be used as a sort of hypnotic background to any other fun sound such as birds or campfire or the ocean, rain, river, you name it, which means that you can customise the experience to an incredible degree! What's there not to love? I would like to extend a very big THANK YOU to the creators of this life changing app!

Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition
Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 28 Dec 2013
Another great game, I absolutely love it. Fun story, very entertaining and atmospheric. I hope we'll get to see a sequel!

The Power of Style: Everything You Need to Know Before You Get Dressed Tomorrow
The Power of Style: Everything You Need to Know Before You Get Dressed Tomorrow
Price: 3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 8 Nov 2013
This was not ground-breaking, but ok for those who haven't a clue. Quite a complete compendium, but too much wordy-ness and not enough pictures. I'd rather read something more stimulating, inspiring and less generic. Wish I hadn't wasted my money to be honest.

Dark Parables: Curse of the Briar Rose Collector's Edition(Kindle Tablet Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars An atmospheric game, 2 Oct 2013
A lot of fun to play, very beautiful graphics, highly recommended! I've played a lot of big fish games and they don't disappoint! Try it if you like escapism and lots of
atmosphere.

Blendoku
Blendoku

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fun and addictive!, 11 Aug 2013
This review is from: Blendoku (App)
I downloaded this game out of curiosity, and I haven't stopped paying it since! So much fun, would recommend this
Game to anyone who loves colour and colour harmony, it's quite educational too as it makes you more sensitive to the laws of colour. Love it!

How to Have Your Cake and Your Skinny Jeans Too: Stop Binge Eating, Overeating and Dieting For Good Get the Naturally Thin Body You Crave From the Inside Out (Binge Eating Solution Book 1)
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS REALLY, REALLY WORKS!, 30 May 2013
OH MY GOODNESS, WHAT CAN I SAY? THIS IS THE BOOK! THIS IS THE ONE! I would give this twenty stars if I could!!!!
I've read COUNTLESS diet books, and how to not diet books in my never ending search for THE ANSWER. You know, the miracle cure? Well this is it people! Buy this book and never look back! I will NEVER diet again. What a relief, I could almost cry. I certainly cried with laughter throughout the book, the author has a way of exposing our dieters truths with such humour and aplomb, it makes you realise how ridiculous your "diet logic" is and she reveals in a very clear (and evidence supported) manner how thin people stay thin. This is the best, best, best book I have ever read on the subject, and I'm now going to tuck into an egg mayo (full fat) baguette, with a side of crisps (and not the baked variety either) without the slightest bit of guilt. And when I'm no longer hungry, I'll just stop eating and throw the rest of it away (for what it cost me, it hardly broke the bank you know?) knowing that I'm responsible for detecting how hungry I actually am and how much I need to eat before I'm satisfied! Josie Spinardi, you are the best thing that's ever happened to dieters, or anyone looking to lose weight.
My advice? Don't bother reading any other book on diets or non diets: JUST READ THIS!!!! I don't often (if ever) review books on amazon because I read so many books I get jaded, well let me tell you, I was never going to be too jaded to read this one!

Color Your Style: How to Wear Your True Colors
Color Your Style: How to Wear Your True Colors
by David Zyla
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book on finding the right colours for you EVER, 9 Oct 2011
I seriously recommend this book to anyone who wants to find their true colours. David Zyla has an original way of showing you how to find out which are the best colours for you, based on the actual colours already present in your skin, eyes and hair. If you follow his advice, you will never again suffer from the old "I have nothing to wear (inspite of owning tons of clothes)" problem, and in fact, you will realise exactly why this is. This is so much more than just knowing whether you're cool or warm, or spring or summer or whatever- and yes, there is a little bit of that, but it's by no means the most important part. In fact, my review just cannot do this book justice: you have to read it to find out.

Elizabeth Takes Off: On Weight Gain, Weight Loss, Self Image, and Self-Esteem
Elizabeth Takes Off: On Weight Gain, Weight Loss, Self Image, and Self-Esteem
by Elizabeth Taylor

2.0 out of 5 stars Hardly enlightening, 1 Jun 2011
It was ok to read, but not really that groundbreaking. Better books have been written on the subject of weight loss since then. If you want to read a bit of Liz Taylors own point of view on life, why not, she does give a bit of an autobiography, but not nearly as enlightening as you would expect, considering she wrote it herself. You could read this book in one sitting, as it's quite short (not that it's so riveting that you can't put it down...)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2012 3:55 PM BST

Ambition
Ambition
by Immodesty Blaize
Price: 6.23

5.0 out of 5 stars The dark side of glamour, 23 Nov 2010
This review is from: Ambition (Paperback)
I give this book five stars because unlike some other reviewers, I read this book because I wanted to be immersed in a world of glamour, and it does just that! I loved this read, I couldn't put it down for the three days (after work hours) it took me to read it, and I'm just sad it's finished because I would love to find out more about Immodesty's wonderful glamourous world! There isn't enough glamourous escapism around, and I love the fact that it was written by someone who has an insiders point of view of the burlesque world! Personally, I preferred it to the first book, and I would like to say a big THANK YOU to you, Immodesty, for writing this! I love reading about unreal characters who are super gorgeous and idealised and glamourous, it makes a nice change from all the gritty reality we are confronted with on a daily basis!

Page: 1 | 2