Profile for Penny the story reader > Reviews

Content by Penny the stor...

Penny the story reader "Penny" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Snoopy Collectible - Original
Snoopy Collectible - Original
Offered by Otherland

5.0 out of 5 stars Snoop Dog, 5 Dec. 2014
Fantastic little collectible.
Giving as a present. It will be perfect.

Guitar Basics: (Book/ECD) (Faber Edition)
Guitar Basics: (Book/ECD) (Faber Edition)
by Nick Walker

5.0 out of 5 stars Needed for lessons. Bought as advised by school., 4 Dec. 2014
Needed for lessons.
Bought as advised by school.

Banco: The Further Adventures of Papillon
Banco: The Further Adventures of Papillon

4.0 out of 5 stars The continuing saga of Paillion., 14 Nov. 2014
I had just read Papillion so was desperate to know what happened next and ordered Banco.
It does continue the story so I enjoyed it, but as a previous reviewer mentioned the spelling issues in the Kindle made it less enjoyable.
I did begin to get concerned about how many people he came into contact with came to sticky ends. This made me question whether he really was a decent man or not as he did not show enough concern.
I read to the end as I had to continually know what happened next.
I would recommend this book only if you had read Papillon first.

The Creative Colouring Book for Grown-ups (Creative Colouring for Grown-Ups)
The Creative Colouring Book for Grown-ups (Creative Colouring for Grown-Ups)
by Various Authors

2.0 out of 5 stars Too intricate and not attractive designs to colour., 26 Sept. 2014
Wish I hadn't bought this.
I really do not like the intricate designs inside. The designs are not very attractive.
I am disappointed as I bought it for myself.
I will now donate this as a Christmas present to someone else.

Wuthering Heights (Wordsworth Classics)
Wuthering Heights (Wordsworth Classics)
by Emily Brontė

5.0 out of 5 stars The original classic story., 26 Sept. 2014
I purchased this for my daughter to experience, after she watched Kate Bush on TV singing "Wuthering Heights" .
I went to find my own personal copy to give to her but it had 'vanished', so i ordered a quick delivery from Amazon. Sure enough it arrived within 2 days.
Perfect condition.
A story everyone should read.

The Railway Man
The Railway Man

5.0 out of 5 stars I was not disappointed. I myself was tortured reading about his horrific ..., 11 Aug. 2014
This review is from: The Railway Man (Kindle Edition)
I just had to read this as I had been to visit the Death Railway and museum in Kanchanaburri, Thailand. It has haunted me for years. So when the film was released I refused to see it until I had read the book. I was not disappointed. I myself was tortured reading about his horrific treatment by the Japanese and how difficult it is to survive and then live with post traumatic stress. Highly recommended read. So much better than the film.

Romeo + Juliet [DVD] [1996]
Romeo + Juliet [DVD] [1996]
Dvd ~ Leonardo DiCaprio

5.0 out of 5 stars She loved it and now has a Leonardo crush, 11 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Romeo + Juliet [DVD] [1996] (DVD)
Bought this for my daughter as I thought she would be interested. She loved it and now has a Leonardo crush. A vibrant way to introduce Shakespeare to a young mind. We also watched the new historical version and she much preferred and understood this Bax Luhrman version.

We're The Millers - Extended Cut [DVD] [2013]
We're The Millers - Extended Cut [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Aniston

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Aug. 2014
One of the funniest films ever.

Water for Elephants: A Novel
Water for Elephants: A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars I recommended this to our book club as I had previously ..., 11 Aug. 2014
I recommended this to our book club as I had previously seen the film. We were looking for something less gritty than our previous choices. We didn't think we'd have much to discuss but in fact we did. We all enjoyed it and then decided to watch the film do that we could see all the differences. I loved the book and the all the little insights into the circus. My only drawback was reading it on the kindle, because every now and then I wanted to flick back to check things and it was not easy to do on the kindle. Recommend it. I did not give it 5 stars as it's an easy read.

How to Build a Girl
How to Build a Girl

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 11 Aug. 2014
Easy lightweight holiday reading. It made me laugh out loud a few times.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7