Profile for D.S.Dk. > Reviews

Cracked: Why Psychiatry is Doing More Harm Than Good
Cracked: Why Psychiatry is Doing More Harm Than Good
by James Davies

2.0 out of 5 stars Cracked! I agree about that much anyway., 19 July 2013
I picked up this book while passing through some airport. It looked interesting.
But no! I experienced it as having a very one sided angle on things. Medicine is bad, the large pharmaceutical companies are bad, and therapy is the answer. Hardly surprising I suppose as the author i is a psychotherapist.
A few different angles on things would have helped the book, alot.
2 stars. Hmmm! I must be feeling generous today!!

Supernatural - Season 7 Complete (DVD + UV Copy) [2012]
Supernatural - Season 7 Complete (DVD + UV Copy) [2012]
Dvd ~ Jared Padalecki

3.0 out of 5 stars Lost the plot a bit., 6 May 2013
Have been a fan of Supernatural since season 1. And the series has had it's ups and downs when it comes to quality. But these new baddies, the leviathens don't work at all. Not the best of seasons!
The entire series is getting more and more repetitive. But I probably will still buy season 8 when the price drops about 6 months after it is released..

The Muppets [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
The Muppets [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Jason Segel
Offered by A2Z Entertains

2.0 out of 5 stars Just didn't work., 6 May 2013
I've always enjoyed the muppets. I grew up with The Muppet Show, and that's why I took a chance and ordered the film.
But this film just didn't work. I like Jason Segel in How I met your mother, but he was just painfull to watch in this film.
One thing I did like was Jim Parsons as human Walter. He gets one of my stars. Apart from the few minutes he appeared, thumbs down on this film.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey [Blu-ray + UV Copy] [2013] [Region Free]
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey [Blu-ray + UV Copy] [2013] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Hugo Weaving
Offered by MediaMine

4.0 out of 5 stars Good film. Bit slow starting., 6 May 2013
I did enjoy The Hobbit. But, it took a while to get started. Hardly surpriseing I suppose. The book is 270 pages, and to get the amount of cinema out of it that they want it's bound to be a bit drawn out in places.
Excellent ending, and can't wait for the next film.
Not the best of experiences with amazon though. I preordered the blu-ray in good time and there was a delay in sending it. If I remember correctly it wasn't dispatched until tuesday. Next time I think I'll just spend the extra few pence and get it on release date in my local shop.

An Idiot Abroad - Series 3 [Blu-ray]
An Idiot Abroad - Series 3 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Karl Pilkington

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work this time., 8 Jan. 2013
I really enjoyed seasons 1 and 2 of an Idiot Abroad. But season 3 doesn't cut the mustard.
It is painfully obvious from start to finish that Karl Pilkington does not want to be a part of this trip. A chemistry between Karl and Warick Davis doesn't exist, and it seems for the most of the series the two hosts genuinley do not like each other.
The only place that Karl shines is when he visits the spider sisters. There, and only there, is where I saw the Karl that I have enjoyed so much in his books and earlier travels.
At least I saw the third season on swedish tv. Saved myself a few pounds there. I own the first two seasons on blu ray, don't need the third season.

The Dark Knight Rises (Blu-ray + UV Copy) [2012] [Region Free]
The Dark Knight Rises (Blu-ray + UV Copy) [2012] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Christian Bale

2.0 out of 5 stars 2 stars. But only because I'm feeling generous today!, 30 Nov. 2012
The Dark Knight Rises was released here in denmark wednesday. I've been looking forward to seeing it for months. Picked it up on blu ray on the way home from work yesterday, and after dinner my son and myself sat down to watch it.
A enormous disappointment is the only way I can describe it. My 20 year old son only finished watching it because we started haveing a laugh and makeing fun of the film. It made the 165 minutes slightly more bearable! But only slightly.
The story line, way under standard of any of the (at least) 6 previous films. And so predictable. All the way to the "unastounding finish".
And where the heck was Batman? In a film that lasts 165 long minutes, I doubt if Batman featured in it for more than 15 minutes.
I really enjoyed Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. But the Dark Knight Rises just didn't float my boat.
I'm not trying to upset anyone. If you liked the film, fair enough and good on you. But it just didn't work for me. I should have waited for it to come in the bargain bin. Will be surprised if it takes long to end up there.

Carlos The Jackal [Blu-ray]
Carlos The Jackal [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Édgar Ramírez

2.0 out of 5 stars Slow!, 5 Jan. 2011
The movie was very slow moving.
The trilogy, well I haven't managed to see it all yet!!
The extra maerial was quite good though.
I got the blu-ray version, don't bother!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2011 2:52 PM GMT

Farscape -  The Definitive Collection + The Peacekeeper Wars [DVD]
Farscape - The Definitive Collection + The Peacekeeper Wars [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Browder
Offered by Bonkers4Bargains!

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the packet., 5 Jan. 2011
Yes. It does what it says on the packet. The definitive collection of Farscape, seasons 1 - 4 , plus the peacekeeper wars, plus 6 discs of extra material.
The only reason I'm giving it 3 instead of 5 stars, is that if there are no subtitles whatsoever.
Otherwise, good series, good box set and good extras