Profile for Amanda > Reviews

Content by Amanda

Amanda

New Plastic Sports And GYM Water Bottle With Handle for easy use on the go - It holds 700 ml Fluid (Pink, Pack of 1 - Sports Bottle)
Offered by Layla's Bargains

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 25 Feb. 2015
Pretty useless considering it leaks if it's not upright. Very poor.

K67 NEW WOMENS PUGS DOG PRINT LONG SLEEVE LADIES TOP SWEATSHIRT (M/L (UK 12-14), LIGHT GREY)
Offered by Candy Girl Clothing

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but small and slightly different colour., 28 Nov. 2014
I do like this jumper and the price was very reasonable, however I'm a size 8 and I ordered a 12-14 because I like jumpers to be big. It definitely isn't big, and I actually think it's a bit too small for me. Also the pug is white, not beige like in the photo :( I can't complain for what I paid though.

Yankee Candle Merry Xmas Sentiments Box
Yankee Candle Merry Xmas Sentiments Box
Offered by UK Pharmacy Direct

2.0 out of 5 stars Smells nice but not worth the price, 25 Oct. 2014
I bought this for a christmas gift and I'm not sure what I was expecting but it definitely isn't worth over £5. It is a votive in a box, you can get the candle for £1.75 so you are literally paying for a tiny cardboard box for it to go in. Smells nice but not worth the price.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the people saying they're dangerous - My honest review from a first time curler, 13 Feb. 2014
I have always wanted to curl my hair, but I've never been able to. I've tried and tried and have always failed at getting my hair curly. It takes a few attempts to get used to these curlers and how to use them but you'll get it after your first attempt at a full head. I've noticed a few people saying they've had to cut their hair after getting it stuck inside. You do have to make sure your hair is in the right place before closing the curlers, or your hair will tangle - but as soon as this happens the curlers beep quickly and you release your grip and it stops pulling your hair inside. I can't imagine how people have got to the stage where their hair needs to be cut out of the curlers, I'm absolutely useless with hair but even I can manage to work out how to avoid that.
The best way is to use small sections of hair to get the best curls. Bigger sections of hair mean you'll get a looser curl. The more hair you put in the more likely it is that it will get tangled and trapped inside until you release the grip. The only negatives I can give to these curlers are that my hair does smell slightly burnt after using them but the worst thing about them is how tangled your hair is the next time you brush it. Mine is like brushing a birds nest, even though it doesn't look tangled it's painful to brush after it's been curled! I only curl my hair for special occasions so I'm happy with these, I think they're great. If you want to curl your hair every day then I don't think these are the best choice.

Josie Gibson's 30-Second Slim [DVD]
Josie Gibson's 30-Second Slim [DVD]
Dvd ~ Josie Gibson

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't read the bad reviews., 22 April 2013
Okay so I've put on a stone and a half in the last year and I'm unhappy with how I look. I've not been able to get in my size 8 jeans in ages and I've hated any type of exercise throughout my whole life so far. I bought this DVD just because it has a lot of good reviews. I have done this DVD now for 9 days and I'm already wearing my size 8 jeans again, they're a bit tight but I'm back in them! I couldn't even get them up my legs before.

On day one I did level one and I found it ridiculously hard. I have never exercised properly in my life and I found it hard and my muscles hurt like hell the next day but I did it again anyway. On day 3 I tried level 2 because I've heard it's actually easier - which it is. I did level two every day for a few days and then recently I tried level 1 again, it's now a complete breeze. Don't listen to these people saying you've got to be fit to do it. No you don't, you just have to do it more than once to get better at it. Obviously! The first time you try anything new it's bound to be hard.

Some of the reviews on here actually anger me. People can't seriously expect this to be easy? But it certainly gets better day by day. Losing weight requires effort, I don't think Josie got a body like that by not working hard. This review is coming from one of the most unfit people you'll ever hear from. I can't even walk up two flights of stairs without getting out of breath so the fact I've been able to get on with this DVD means anyone can. And it definitely works.

Stalkers
Stalkers
by Paul Finch

3.0 out of 5 stars It was good until the end.., 20 April 2013
This review is from: Stalkers (Paperback)
This book is alright and keeps your attention throughout but I was shocked when it ended because I turned the page for the next chapter only to find it wasn't there. It comes to a sudden end out of nowhere, and is very disappointing. I also found when I was reading it I thought it would have been a lot better if the reader hadn't been made aware of what had happened to the women right at the beginning. It would have been great if we'd discovered that somewhere in the middle. I can't say it's a bad book but it could have been made better.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent :), 3 Aug. 2012
The product isn't streaky at all. It says you can leave it on for just one hour but I leave it on over night and it goes a lovely natural colour. It isn't too dark or too light, if you're looking for a deep tan then this probably isn't for you.

Never goes streaky, and lasts a whole week. I love how it fades so evenly. I have never found a fake tan as good as this one, all the others go horrible when they are fading.