Profile for Mik > Reviews

Content by Mik

Mik "Mik" (Hampshire, UK)

Mil-Tec Winter Boots Arctic Black
Mil-Tec Winter Boots Arctic Black
Price: 35.92 - 49.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as I'd hoped., 17 Feb 2014
"With these Artic boots from Mil-Tec you have never again cold and wet feet".
This is not quite true.
I got the chance to test them out in the floods, and once up to ankle height, I got wet feet.
I understand that these boots are advertised more for the cold, rather than the wet, but what happens on a cold wet day?
They are ace in the cold. I had no issues with this.
But anything above the rubber boot, expect wet and cold feet.
I have size 9 feet, so purchased size 9 boots. They fit fine.
The lining does give a little.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite there., 3 Feb 2014
This external battery works very well.
I also feel it may hold more charge than my iPhone 4.
Instructions are a tad vague, but it is pretty simple.
Press the button on the back to check the external battery status. Flick the switch on the bottom to charge the phone.
It works, and works well.

However, I've taken 2 stars off because of the design.
At the time of writing this, there are 3 x different versions. One with a lid, and two without.
I purchased the one with the lid.
The lid is awful. It flaps around and feels like it wont last long.
The volume buttons don't quite line up, and it's virtually impossible to switch the speaker on/off.
Sometimes the phone will partially slide out and wont charge until pushed back in.

At this price, I considered purchasing one of the others (without the lid), but then I noticed that the sides come flush with the screen. If the sides sat proud of the screen, it could have offered some screen protection.
With a little more thought and design, this would have been a 5 star product.

CAR HEADLIGHT "FLEXI" BEAM CONVERTERS - FREE DELIVERY
CAR HEADLIGHT "FLEXI" BEAM CONVERTERS - FREE DELIVERY

3.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, except for one big issue., 4 Nov 2013
I've not used many of these deflectors, but of the different ones I've tried, these seemed to be the easiest.
However, I'd have given the 5 stars if not for one fundamental issue.
When applying the first deflector, I cleaned the lens, peeled the deflector from the backing, stuck it to the lens and screwed up the backing paper.
I did the same for the second deflector except that it then fell of the lens.
Upon inspection, I noticed that the adhesive was still stuck to the (now screwed up) backing paper. For both lenses!
I slight knock on the first deflector and it fell off.
I did the best I could to un-stick the adhesive, which lasted for about 5 days until one of the deflectors fell off.
This would imply that the adhesive sticks better to the backing paper (which it shouldn't) than the deflector (which it should).
Would I buy them again?
Knowing the above, I'll try them one more time, but there are cheaper ones out there that I've not had this problem with.

Far From Home: Volume 2 (Books 4-6)
Far From Home: Volume 2 (Books 4-6)

2.0 out of 5 stars Good if you're after easy light reading, 12 Sep 2013
I managed to get to the end of volume 2 (book 4-6) before I got fed up with the week story and countless inconsistency's.
The plot looked OK, but who would put a bunch of party going alcoholics in charge of a war ship?
I've given it 2 stars because the books were quite cheap and you may like shallow story lines (which I seem to have had a run on lately).

And What of Earth? (Jennifer Hodges/Warrior Queen Book 1)
And What of Earth? (Jennifer Hodges/Warrior Queen Book 1)
Price: 0.77

2.0 out of 5 stars Only for the young, 27 Aug 2013
Sorry.
I'm sure this is a fine book, but only if you're a young teenager.
If not, I really wouldn't bother.

Gembird UHB-MP-224 Mouse Pad with Built-in 4 Port Lighted USB Hub
Gembird UHB-MP-224 Mouse Pad with Built-in 4 Port Lighted USB Hub
Offered by octo24
Price: 9.76

3.0 out of 5 stars It's fine, at 2.99, 9 April 2008
At 2.99, you can't really go wrong. It lights up, as in the picture. It has 4 USB ports (not tested the speed yet). All this works fine.
The only downside, is that if you use an optical mouse...It's rubbish. So "Special rubber surface designed for optical mice"...I don't think so.
Ball type mouse would work great and it all looks pretty.