Profile for Eclectic > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Hamlyn QuickCook: 50 Recipes: A free taster of the new cookery series
Hamlyn QuickCook: 50 Recipes: A free taster of the new cookery series

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sample/taster of the QuickCook selection, 16 July 2014
I think some of the reviewers have missed the point of this book. It is a free sample containing a selection of recipes from a number of their "QuickCook" recipe books, therefore it is a taster of the full books (if you want a vegetarian cook book, you need to purchase the "QuickCook Vegetarian").
I found the book to be very informative, and based on the sample recipes I have decided to purchase 3 of the full QuickCook recipe books. The fact that they give you a 30min, 20min & 10min option is perfect - I normally use the 30min recipe, however if you are in hurry the alternatives (and time saving methods) are very good. I also like the fact that using the code on the bottom of the page you can go to the Hamlyn website and download a PDF card of the recipe or have the ingredients list sent to your phone.
I have already recommended this series to a number of people and will be keeping an eye out for any new titles they release.

English Tea Shop Assorted Fairtrade and Organic Tea Bags Gift Tin (72 Sachets)
English Tea Shop Assorted Fairtrade and Organic Tea Bags Gift Tin (72 Sachets)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present, 23 Jun 2014
I bought this has a present for someone and they loved it.
The tin is a very good size, and you are certainly getting your money's worth.

TeckNet® Wireless Mains Plug-In Doorbell Door Chime
TeckNet® Wireless Mains Plug-In Doorbell Door Chime
Offered by BlueByte Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 8 Dec 2013
This doorbell is very good, it has two volume settings and can be heard throughout the house and the button seems to be more water tight that some.

Perixx PERIDUO-303W UK, Wired Keyboard and Mouse Set - USB - 389x142x25mm Dimension - Piano White Design - Stylish Chiclet Key Design - 7 Multimedia Hot Keys - UK Layout
Offered by Perixx UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 14 Nov 2013
This is a great little set and look good to. I would not hesitate the recommend them, however if you want to be able to adjust the height of the keyboard this set would not work for you, it only has one one height and does not have the little extendable legs that some other keyboards have.

Rolson 28290 Precision Screwdriver Set (30 Pieces)
Rolson 28290 Precision Screwdriver Set (30 Pieces)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 14 Nov 2013
This was bought as a birthday present and the person they were bought for is very happy with them, he also mentioned that a couple of people that has seen them now want a set.

BT Graphite 2500 Trio DECT Digital Cordless Phone with Answer Machine - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by DIRECT 4

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not work unless you have a BT line, 14 Nov 2013
We bought these phones but in June 2013 and for October 2013 they worked perfectly, until one day they suddenly stopped working - the display screen on all 3 phones said "No Line". We connect another set of cordless phone and established the line was working perfectly well and that the fault was with the phones themselves.. I contact Amazon who were very good and sent out a replacement set immediately. As soon as these I connect them up and got same same message on the display screen "No Line".
I contact BT customer service who told me the phones needed resetting, which I did with both sets of phones, yet still the same message appeared on the screen, I was then told the phones where faulty. I pointed out to BT that how can 2 sets of phones supplied at different times both have the same fault, and I was told that it was highly unusual but was the only explanation. Upon further investigation I found that this fault is common for people that are not with BT, but instead Sky, TalkTalk, etc...
As a result if you are not with BT I would not recommend these phones, while they may work initially eventually they will/could stop working.

Christening Gifts. Boys Silver Helicopter Money Box
Christening Gifts. Boys Silver Helicopter Money Box
Offered by Goods Online 24/7

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and value for money, 17 Jun 2013
This is a lovely little money box and perfect as a Christening gift.
The propeller even rotates.
Would buy again and recommend.

Verbatim 43549 16x DVD-R - Spindle 100 Pack
Verbatim 43549 16x DVD-R - Spindle 100 Pack
Offered by memorycapital

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the money, 17 Jun 2013
Until recently I have been using the Amazon Basic's discs, however after having had quite a few fail I though I would try these.
So far they seem very good, I am a third of the way through the spindle and no problems.
Would definitely but again and would recommend..

Nokia Lumia 610 Premium PU Leather Flip Case / Cover / Pouch / Holster - Black Part Of The Qubits Accessories Range

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 8 May 2013
I bought this to replace my previous case, which had become a little tired. I have had the case for about a month now and it works well and stands up the being battered about in my handbag. For the price it is great value.

Valentino's Chocolate Pizza 7" Milk Chocolate Pizza with Marshmallows and White Chocolate Flakes
Offered by Friars Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 8 May 2013
I bought this as an Easter present, as an alternative to an Easter egg and it was a great success. The person I bought it for said it tasted great and liked the fact it was something different. I will certainly be buying this again.

Page: 1 | 2