Profile for Martin > Reviews

Content by Martin

Martin (UK)

Lowepro Santiago 20 Pouch for Camera - Black
Lowepro Santiago 20 Pouch for Camera - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars If modified will fit a Canon S95 with a spare battery, 6 Jan 2012
I cut out the elastic internal retaining strap in my Santiago 20 and I can fit a battery in the internal pocket opposite the right of the S95 camera. The supplied Canon camera strap also fits into the case if you make sure that the rigid plastic piece is not between the spare battery and the camera. There is additionally just about room for an SD card but not if in a standard SD card case.

I snipped off the zipper pulls because they are rigid and noisy as they tap on the case. I replaced each pull with half a black shoe lace tied into a cobra knot.

The weight of the modified case is 288g fully loaded with the S95 camera, internal battery, internal SD card, strap and a spare battery.

The supplied carrying strap is long (around 58 inches) and has a single plastic clip that attaches to a single loop on the case.

Overall a good semi rigid case although it feels heavy in a trouser pocket and is fiddly to use if you want the camera strap in the case.

HELP!: How to Become Slightly Happier and Get a Bit More Done
HELP!: How to Become Slightly Happier and Get a Bit More Done

5.0 out of 5 stars Why is this entire book in italics?, 25 Nov 2011
After purchasing the Kindle version I was disappointed to find that the entire book is in italics which I find to be such a poor reading experience that I won't bother reading it. Why anyone would think that italics is a good idea for an entire book is beyond me.

Update: 09 December 2011

Since posting my original 1 star review complaining about the (now fixed) italics issue I have now read this book and have updated my review to 5 stars. An excellent easy read and the type of book that can be dipped into at random. Lots of recommendations for further reading included as well.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2011 7:44 PM GMT