Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "GrantDonohoe" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
SHARKK® Apple iPad Air 2 Bluetooth Keyboard Case Cover for iPad Air 2 Wireless Keyboard Case with 360 Degree Rotating Feature and Multiple Viewing Angles iPad Keyboard Case Folio Style with IOS Commands iPad Bluetooth Keyboard Case for iPad Air 2 Only. Black Color
Offered by SHARKK UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of kit, 6 Aug. 2015
Daughter loves this on her Air2. She rarely sticks with what i buy for her but this has been a huge hit. Robust enough. Easy to use.
Protective and looks cool enough to match the ipad. Recommended.

Giraffe Family Adults and Child Size T-Shirt (ADULT ( XXL Fits Chest 47 inch / 119 cm))
Offered by Find Something Different

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and xxl a good fit for my 5ft ..., 6 Aug. 2015
Good quality and
xxl a good fit for my 5ft 10 17half stone frame

Blue Whale Adult T Shirt Child Unisex The Mountain
Blue Whale Adult T Shirt Child Unisex The Mountain
Offered by Find Something Different

4.0 out of 5 stars looks more like a humpback to me, 27 July 2015
looks more like a humpback to me

4G KINGZONE Z1 MTK6752A Octa Core 2GB+16GB 5.5 inch Android 4.4 1.7GHz SIM-Free Smart Phone Support OTG NFC Fingerprint Identification Functions with 7.5mm Body Thickness GSM+WCDMA+FDD-LTE (White Color)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good phone - had it a few days so will ..., 9 April 2015
Good phone - had it a few days so will update later but for now, it has a lovely, lively responsive screen, everything works.

It comes with Playstore installed, is not riddled with Chinese instructions etc and all the kit works. Have downloaded and successfully installed dozens of aps large and small. 4G seems genuine though don't expect miracles I don't think the networks are there yet let alone the phones, some downnloads though have been noticeably swift.

I have not tested NFC yet, but the fingerprint sensor works but is fiddly so I switched back to pattern recognition to unlock.

Speaker is good and watching video a real pleasure, plays substantial games happily

One concern is the GPS which struggles to hold a signal, I currently suspect this is because it is chasing Asian satellites rather than UK ones apparently there are apps to fix this but it may need routing - for now if SatNAv is a priority for you this phone might not be - in fact you might need to avoid all the Chinese "clones"

64 gig sd card works fine - one day may attempt to use 128 gig

Wouldnt want to take back on and off all the time - but battery life is acceptable - need longer to be sure, might even be good, but I play on its hig screen a lot so jury is out for now.

overall

I love it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2015 12:05 AM BST

JVC HAS160A Flats Foldable Style Stereo Headphones - Blue
JVC HAS160A Flats Foldable Style Stereo Headphones - Blue
Offered by Price Grabber

5.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculously good for about a tenner, 31 Jan. 2015
Ridiculously good for about a tenner ...... Compete with my £140 sennheiser hd555s for use with a sansa clip or phone. Comfortable good sound stage clear bass ... Maybe lose a little control with "Run to the hills" at full blast....... but who doesn't :). Buy.

Philips SHE6000/10 In - Ear Virtual Surround Sound Headphones
Philips SHE6000/10 In - Ear Virtual Surround Sound Headphones

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad sound but just at too uncomfortable, 31 Jan. 2015
Not bad sound but just at too uncomfortable .... Ear buds are tricky and the solid part of these are to big for my ears

Amethyst The Block Bluetooth Portable Speaker - Red
Amethyst The Block Bluetooth Portable Speaker - Red
Offered by Branded and New Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, 13 Dec. 2014
This deserves a review ... Great room filling sound with sufficient bass....good battery life ... Easy to use ... Integrates well with phone via Bluetooth both for playing music and taking calls. Fantastic value ... Especially the cheaper red one!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value, 30 Aug. 2014
Very pleased. Bought from Amazon for reassurance despite that it can be found cheaper elsewhere. Still very happy. Everything works and is good. Its a pretty phone and unlike some Chinese clones (my old Swees) there are several after market cases and replacement batteries. Luckily ... as that's the only weakness, a 5.5 inch screen takes its toll and I have ordered a spare battery and a few key ring top up chargers. It will last a full day easily with light use but with a phone like this you want to play :). Screen is very good with a wide field of vision... often a weakness. Loaded up loads of apps with no problem. Camera better than expected with some fun tricks like panoramic mode. Voice phone unlock works, face unlock too flakey, still a gimmick. Fun though. Dual SIM both work, I have a Tmobile and an Orange in there. The Tesco SIM works too.
Highly recommended

Update: Had this a month or so now and still VERY happy. Battery seems to be lasting a little longer after several charge cycles.

Bluetooth works fine, connects to my bluetooth speaker fine.

GPS works but it can drop its satellite lock and get confused.

Camera is good in daylight, struggles with any light challenges like sun behind your main feature. Nice touch is the panoramic mode that takes a series of pictures with a digital guide arrow then stitches them together well.

Several substantial games loaded and run fine - plants v zombies and real racing.

Second Update:
Fitted a 64Gb memory card, didnt like it till I had formatted it on board but after that happily loaded vast quantities of music never had a phone that took 64Gb before, nice luxury.
Battery life has "matured" and is now quite reasonable.
No problem with app space filling up, loads on the phone.
The soft keys at the bottom are a tiny but unresponsive but not so as you'd care much.
Bluetooth already worked but I also tested it in store on a Jawbone Jambox, connected and played music and walked away, 15 metres away and it was still playing happily.
Doesn't bend in my pocket :p

Seriously, a good 5.5 inch screen at this price? No brainer.

Game of Thrones: Season 4
Game of Thrones: Season 4

5.0 out of 5 stars as great as ever, 10 Aug. 2014
Still as great as ever ... No drop in quality, performances, script or anything else and contains shocks comparable to the red wedding ... The greatest TV ever made ... Someone needs to start touring these series on the big screen soon

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars So you want a GS4 for 60 quid do you?, 2 April 2014
Well so did I.

Did I get one? Read on.

I will update this review after I have had the phone a fortnight but for now

Yes I did.

Buying this was a calculated gamble, I wanted a 5 inch screen, all the smartphone functions and a decent battery life. I was willing to take a no brand risk to get it.

I got all that, though not without a few nervous moments of which more in the update.

So far the only outstanding issues are that it would not read my existing 32Gb microsd card and it does not recognise my cheap Bluetooth headphones. It does read my newer Bluetooth speakers and I am trying it with a new microsd card. It already read a friends 2gb card ok so its not totally failing on that score either.
UPDATE - new Kingston 16gb card worked with no problem and my old card is now playing up generally so I suspect it was the card all along. This leaves me with ONLY the failure to connect to my £15 Bluetooth headphones as the only real failure. Oh it wont run real racing 3 yet and I cant work out how to move apps onto the SD card - I suspect that's me not the phone.

All in all initial impression is its a total bargain. Battery life is good, screen is fine (and big) and every app I have downloaded so far from Play store has worked fine. 3G worked straight out the box as did wifi and calls. Its running the latest Jelly Bean

The GPS works fine though I have not used it much yet.

Plants versus Zombies 2 plays fine.

A nice looking phone too.

Handling the larger screen/form factor takes a little getting use to and I do miss the smaller feel of my GS2 but that's inevitable if you want a larger phone. Its a tad heavier than say a GS4 but only marginally

It streams video from sites like the BBC or cinema apps no problem.

UPDATE spare batteries available on auction sites for 4 quid - delivered!

Headphone socket fits my big over ear sennheisers and sounds good as does the Bluetooth link to my Amethyst M3 speaker (highly recommended little toy)

Weak points - not convinced sound quality on calls is as good as my GS2 but it is acceptable.
Is the screen 10% less responsive to touch than my old Samsung? perhaps.
The loose back some have mentioned is not an issue, I can see what they mean but its not "loose" it just bends a half millimetre in the middle if you press on it but it is not noticeable in normal use. Back is a little tricky to remove but easy enough with a little care, I will try and limit taking it on and off in a way I would not worry about on plastic backed phones, not a concern though.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2014 9:16 AM BST