Profile for G. Donohoe > Reviews

Content by G. Donohoe

G. Donohoe "GrantDonohoe" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Stonehenge: A Novel of 2000 BC
Stonehenge: A Novel of 2000 BC
by Bernard Cornwell

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes long,Yes repetitive, but I bet thats how THEY felt !, 7 Sep 2000
Yes it is long and occasionally repetitive but has the guy who suggested it needs a hero actually read the book ! Saban anyone ?
On balance it is a good read, just dont expect it to be quite as fast paced as sharpey or as involving as the warlord stuff.

From the Gardens Where We Feel Secure
From the Gardens Where We Feel Secure

5.0 out of 5 stars Strangely appropriate title, 8 May 2000
I bought this when in came out on vinyl many years ago, I have no idea/memory why. It was wonderful then , a soft reassuring , melodic music with a beautifully simple structure. She also has a nice voice though uses it sparingly (I'm assuming she does the harmonies). Listening to it really does make me feel secure ! Having it available now on CD without the irritation of scratchy vinyl is a treat I am anticipating keenly.

The Dolphins Of Pern (The Dragon Books)
The Dolphins Of Pern (The Dragon Books)
by Anne McCaffrey

4.0 out of 5 stars Dolphin delight, 10 Mar 2000
As a dolphin lover I naturally took to this particular episode of the Pern saga. Anne McCaffreys pern books are a touch shallow and occasionally slightly inconsistent but fun nonetheless. Character development is a little thin but good enough. This book is one of the stronger ones because the Dolphins add depth (sic) to the Pern lexicon. I would like to see a further Dolphin focussed tale written primarily from the dolphin perspective and with stronger character development. For those wanting to dip into the Dragon chronicles Pern first fall is a good starting point.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6