ARRAY(0xac47d510)

Profile for Christina > Reviews

Content by Christina

Christina "coolchocbabe" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
OtterBox Defender Case for iPhone 4 - Black
OtterBox Defender Case for iPhone 4 - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin - defends, 18 Oct 2011
well I call it my phone. In truth, it belongs to my now 4year old. As soon I get through the door he would say, Mamma can I have your phone, which changed to our phone, then to my phone............ over the months. We have a deal 30mins on the phone everyday as long as in airplane mode! I got the case to stop me fussing over him for his 30mins of pleasure everyday, so dropping it (though to date he never has wouldn't make me ruin his pleasure with my massive coronary.

All that said, the case is very robust and the outer silicone makes it less slippery. the screen is incredibly responsive and like the phone screen, I have hardly noticed the difference; neither has my son. he wanted to know why I had bought a new phone and could he have he old one. I had to explain that "our" phone is now locked in fort knox to ensure we can have it for longer.

The flap for the charging connector is fiddly, comments from other reviews did warn of this, however protecting the phone comes first and on this feature it is outstanding. this issue together with the misaligned earphone port is why I haven't given the product 5 stars.

I have a blackberry bold for work with a case that has a belt clip and this is the only way my BB comes with me around the building at work and to meetings to ensure I take the calls I need to. The OtterBox does substantially increase the size of a very slick phone and with the clip, it makes it impossible for a girl to clip it on with style (or even without style) I am sure I will use the clip if the situation naturally presents, but I have seen ideas from other reviews to make use of it as a stand which may be handy for viewing videos for you know who

Corgi TY84005 London 2012 Great British Classics Concorde Fit the Box Die Cast Vehicle
Offered by Super.Deals
Price: 11.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond the anglo-french icon, 18 Oct 2011
I was looking for items to generate interest for the olympics in my nephew aged 11 who lives in the US. I didn't remember his loves for all things plane related. However the plane has peaked his interest about the history of the games, his british heritage in design and excellence in Concorde and why the fleet have been decommissioned. It made his eyes light up as much as an A380 does. There is so much he has investigated and learned from a seemingly overt commercialisation of the games.

Encourage their curiosity, get them a plane.

With regards to the plane itself, same quality and durability you get from BA planes you can buy onboard

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Book 1)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Book 1)
by Stieg Larsson
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book, well worth a read or listen, 21 Sep 2011
I was a member of audible for nearly 10mths before I downloaded my first books having realised I'd lost out on some credits (gutted)! This was a perfect first book to download to get me hooked and not cancel my membership. I suspect if I had attempted to read a traditional paper version, I would never have finished this book as my mind would have been exhausted trying to decipher/pronounce all the unfamiliar Swedish names; thus repeating the experience of Mandela's biography where after 12 yrs I have not yet re-engaged with the book having got to the chapter where he ran away from home, as all the kosa names exhausted my young brain.
With this book, the fact that the narrator skilfully glides through the names is a huge plus, teaching me how to pronounce them in the process. From the first chapter I was hooked. I couldn't put down my iphone, walking around with one earphone in most of the time to the dismay of my husband.
The story skilfully covers the issues of
a) Lisbeth Salander, marginalised by society and subsequently bullied by her new guardian, following the death of her long term warden, a case of when the state gets it wrong?
b) a Journalist originally outwitted by a corporate "gangster"
c) and a wealthy family with a very very dark secret!
It also addresses the art that translation has to be. The original name in swedish (Män som hatar kvinnor - "Men Who Hate Women") would never have drawn me into reading the book regardless of reviews and author/publisher description. Well worth a listen or read

Transformers Optimus Prime Beach Bath Towel OFFICIAL
Transformers Optimus Prime Beach Bath Towel OFFICIAL

4.0 out of 5 stars Thin, but adequate, 1 Aug 2011
Purchased for my nephew who was stayed a few nights and for our next holiday together. He loved it but it isn't Egyptian cotton quality. It absorbs well however and is suitable for a few holidays and a kicking that the beach will bring

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Average neckalce, 1 Aug 2011
Wanted shell necklace with all the light side facing in the same direction. it was clear from photo that the shells were mixed facing, but I thought it would be easy to rearrange.

The clasp and string are faily average

king robe and crown,childs,red
king robe and crown,childs,red

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money for its purpose, 1 Aug 2011
Desperately needed Xmas nativity outfit that of course will be used only once. This clearly fitted the bill at a price I was not to bothered about, escpecially as it only has 3hrs of glory!

If required this year, certain that due to design, could be worn again and fit well

Halle Berry Halle For Women Gift Set Containing Eau De Toilette 30ml and Body Lotion 150ml
Offered by Semichem
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Parfum, but doesn't last all day, 1 Aug 2011
Received this as a gift, and quite a pleasant smelling scent, but wears off sooner than the others I am used too. Great price though, so purchased a couple as gifts

Bigjigs Wooden Railway-Double Suspension Bridge
Bigjigs Wooden Railway-Double Suspension Bridge
Offered by Bigjigs Toys
Price: 13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Compatible with popular tracks (Ikea, ELC), but some Thomas trains struggle to get through, 1 Aug 2011
Trying desperately hard not to get sucked into all the highly priced branded toys around, as this would send all the wrong messages to our 4yr old, this bridge is a perfect addition to our already extensive mainly Ikea set.

The trains (depending on battery charge) can clinmb up the slope, but James and Emily who are slightly wider, struggle to get through. I haven't yet taken a screw driver to it to see if adding a wide washer or bit of paper between the joints widens it enough to dampen the frustration I sometimes hear as one or other of the above mentioned trains or their tenders is helped through.

However has added so much variety to the undiversed sturdy predicatbility of the Ikea track; really pushed his imagination.

So many things you can teach around a bridge and maybe why double suspension is required

Amscan International Kid Sunglasses Favours, Pack of 12
Amscan International Kid Sunglasses Favours, Pack of 12
Price: 5.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Built with toddlers in mind, practically indestuctable, 1 Aug 2011
I bought a pack of these to put in party bags at my 4yrs old's birthday party. Having handed out sunglasses the year before, purchased at Lidl, the quality of these were far inferior.

However, they make great gifts for younger toddlers on play dates. The plastic is very flexible and no matter how many times the lens fall out, they can be popped back into place.

unlikely to break (either lens or frame) so less risk of sharp plactic injuries.
Not sure how long the paper decoration would last though as likely to be sucked and chewed off.

Richardson Sheffield Entertain 3 Piece Carving Set 8889
Richardson Sheffield Entertain 3 Piece Carving Set 8889

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent carving set, 1 Aug 2011
Something I should have put on my wedding list when we got married over 9yrs ago. I love doing roasts (Chicken, Duck, Lamb, etc) as they are easy and feed many, especially when we have surprise guests, or those staying a few days.

The knife is sharp and easy to handle. The sharpener, which we haven't needed to use yet, looks as expected from sheffield quality and sure will do the job. The prongs are excellent and glide easily into any meat holding it in place for carving.

Quite proud to get it out and carve - even makes my husband look like a dab hand with carving ;-)

The fact that it comes in a presentation case makes it easy to hide away from toddlers drawer inquisition!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3