Profile for Bongo McBongo > Reviews

Content by Bongo McBongo

Bongo McBongo

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
20 PEG PLASTIC FOLDABLE SOCK DRYER - Keep all your smaller laundry items together when drying
Offered by Hangerworld
Price: 6.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, does exactly what it should, 23 Jun 2014
I got sick of my kids' sock and pants taking up the entire washing line, so I bought two of these. I love them. They seem very sturdy, and the clothes pegs on them have a good strong spring, so they grip really well. The best part is my 3-year-old thinks they're so cool she wants to hang up her own washing -- now there's a plan with no drawbacks!

6" 2 In 1 Stand or Clip On Portable Fan Table Desk
6" 2 In 1 Stand or Clip On Portable Fan Table Desk
Offered by The Magic Toy Shop
Price: 9.53

4.0 out of 5 stars VERY simple to assemble, blows air around, works fine, 23 Jun 2014
This fan is incredibly simple to assemble. The clip screws on with one nut/bolt, and then to "convert" it to a pedestal you just squeeze the clip and attach it to the plastic base provided. Am rather pleased with how simple the design is (someone had their brain on).
It moves air well, too. It's a good size for a small room. I put it in my 5-month baby's nursery because the weather is getting hot and the room is a bit stuffy. It's a tad louder than I would have liked (on the low setting it actually drowns out the noise of her very loud ticking clock), but as it's white noise this isn't a problem. All in all just fine.

This is My Book
This is My Book
by Mick Inkpen
Price: 6.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Inkpen does it again, 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: This is My Book (Paperback)
One of the best kids' book i've ever read. Perfect for 3-5 year olds. We found it at the library and liked it so much we bought our own copy, plus an extra for my goddaughter!

The book is about the naughty Snapdragon, who bites off the letters in the words and steals the dots from the i's, and blows them at the other characters. The Bookmouse, who loves books, is determined to put an end to his antics, with the help of the other characters.

All the characters are aware they are in a book, which gives it a hilarious meta-humour. It's one of those books that's written on two levels. The kids will enjoy it, and so will adults, but for entirely different reasons. It's got a great ending, and the Snapdragon is really sorry, and not just pretending. Everyone with a child under 6 needs a copy of this book!

Love2Sleep SUPER SPRING BOUNCE BACK" PILLOW - FULL SIZE (48 CM X 74 CM)
Love2Sleep SUPER SPRING BOUNCE BACK" PILLOW - FULL SIZE (48 CM X 74 CM)
Offered by LOVE2SLEEP
Price: 5.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Fluffy and very good value for money, 15 Jun 2014
I bought these for my guest bedroom, which gets used for a total of about 6-8 weeks out of the year. I was very pleased with the pillows (no problem with stinky smell as some buyers reported), and my guests said they were very comfortable.

I did buy a pair of quilted pillow covers to go over them, just to bulk them up a bit more, which i would recommend. The pillow covers were only about a fiver for a pair, so also very cheap, and with the covers on (plus a pillow case of course) they are very nice and fluffy and seem to hold their shape well.

I would definitely recommend these for a guest room for occasional use, but they probably wouldn't stand up to daily use for very long.

Plum Store it Outdoor Play Wooden Sand Pit
Plum Store it Outdoor Play Wooden Sand Pit
Price: 34.99

1.0 out of 5 stars flimsy and badly designed - not worth the money., 21 May 2014
I ordered this from Homebase, but since their website won't let me write a review I'm putting one here.
I bought this because I liked the seats in the corner and the storage bench at one end, but I'm very disappointed.

The wood is incredibly lightweight (my 3-year-old daughter was able to lift the box!), so I doubt it will last very long.
The pre-drilled holes do not line up well, making assembly a nuissance.
The storage space is so tiny none of my daughter's pails or dumper trucks will fit inside. It will hold a couple of small spades and that's it.
The ground sheet does not attach in any way, so unless you place it on dead level ground the sand will leak out from under the bottom plank.
The cover does not attach in any way, and is just a loose piece of tarpaulin which will blow away in the first breeze.
The sides are only 6-inches deep, and you can't fill it all the way to the top, so your kid will only have (realistically) about 3 inches of sand to dig in, which is boring.

I would have saved a lot of money and hassle by buying one of those plastic turtle sand pits, and would have got a more durable product.

The Worst Princess
The Worst Princess
by Anna Kemp
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Every parent of a little girl needs this book in their library, 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Worst Princess (Paperback)
If you hate the gender stereotyping of small children, the obsession with pink, and the all-pervasive sexist assumptions to which even the youngest children are subject these days, then you will LOVE this book. In bold defiance of the princess-obsessed popular culture, this book proves you don't need a man to complete you. The rhymes are great, the illustrations are highly entertaining, and the lesson is as hilarious as it is essential. Buy a copy for your daughter and every one of her friends.

I suggest it's suitable for ages 3-6.

2in1 Maternity & Nursing Warm Hoodie Pregnancy Breastfeeding Top 9050 Variety of Colours (16, Turquoise)
Offered by Purpless Maternity

4.0 out of 5 stars Someone had their brain on when they made this, 18 Mar 2014
I'm 5'11" so the sleeves are too short, but I expect that. Also the sweatshirt material is a bit thinner than I would have liked. Otherwise it's perfect.

The zipper boob access is genius, and way more useable than conventional nursing tops with their fiddly overlapping bits of fabric. This gives good access that doesn't get in the way of the baby's face, but is still discreet. And when the zippers are closed you can't even see them they are so well hidden in the seams. I also love the zipper vents on the hips. As I lose the baby weight I can adjust the fit so it will always look good. And because it's not obviously a nursing top, even when the baby is weaned I will continue wearing it, because it's just a nice hoody. I plan to buy another one.

CHILDRENS KIDS BOYS GIRLS HOODED BEACH BATH SWIMMING TOWEL PONCHO BUTTERFLY - ONE SIZE
Offered by Lora Dora
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect gift for my 3YO, 18 Mar 2014
Got this for DD for her 3rd birthday as she loves butterflies and her frog and duck baby towels are too small now (also I need them for the new baby) and I didn't want to take them away without replacing them with something at least as exciting. Boy did this fit the bill! She loves it and goes flapping around her room after bath time pretending to be a butterfly. Bugger me it's adorable.

The fit is good. She's about 105 cm tall. It's not so long that it's dragging on the ground, but there's enough room to spare it will last a few years at least.

The towelling is a little on the thin side, but I'm frankly not bothered. The colours did not run in the wash. Would recommend.

CI Chunky Jewellery Making Kit Bright Colours, Multi-Colour
CI Chunky Jewellery Making Kit Bright Colours, Multi-Colour
Price: 19.62

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh. Expected better for the money., 18 Mar 2014
The Pros: It's a giant tub of beads! Yay!
It comes with 2 spools of slightly stretchy fishing-line type thread.

The Cons: The hinges on the box lid are crap. They will break soon. (They're not proper hinges, just bits of plastic that become weaker and weaker as they're bent back and forth with each time you open and close the lid.)
Most of the beads are small wooden ones (read: boring) with tiny holes that only the most dexterous 4 or 5 year olds could thread. My 3YO can hold a pencil properly and write her name legibly, but she can't thread these beads.

Not bad, but not great. Wouldn't buy it again.

Charlie and Lola: My Doodling and Colouring-In  Book
Charlie and Lola: My Doodling and Colouring-In Book
by Lauren Child
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Charlie and Lola! It's a colouring book! It's a Charlie and Lola Colouring book!, 18 Mar 2014
My 3-year-old found Nirvana with this book. It's everything her little heart could ever desire. Effing genius. That is all.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10