Profile for Bongo McBongo > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Zapf Creation 36 cm My First Baby Annabell with Closing Eyes
Zapf Creation 36 cm My First Baby Annabell with Closing Eyes
Offered by GSM-Fonz

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice doll, but the clothes and accessories are too expensive!, 15 Dec 2013
I bought this as a first doll for my daughter for her 2nd birthday. She loves it. Now that she's approaching her 3rd birthday, I thought I would buy her some clothes for the doll, to keep the play interesting. Then I discovered how rediculously expensive all the clothes and accessories are. Even the 2nd hand stuff on ebay sells for almost as much as I pay for my daughter's clothes! Insane. If I'd done the research properly at first, I would not have bought this doll.

Playdoh 50th Birthday Fun Factory Spin 'n Store
Playdoh 50th Birthday Fun Factory Spin 'n Store
Offered by The Toy Center

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly harder to clean than the original, 15 Dec 2013
Good ol' Playdoh. After 50 years the fun factory is still keeping kids entertained. (I bought this for my almost 2-year-old for a flight to America. I wanted something fairly compact and lightweight that she could play with on the plane without making noise. Perfect!)

My only beef with this one, which has a rotating wheel for the different shapes, is that it's harder to clean than the older model with the sliding bar. I think the advantage here is that unlike the bar, the week is attached and so can't get lost, but you do have to go over every milimeter with a toothpick after your kid is done before putting it away, which takes about 2 minutes. Still a great toy, though.

Texet A4 Laminating Pouches
Texet A4 Laminating Pouches

5.0 out of 5 stars Work fine with the Texet laminator, 15 Dec 2013
Bought these for my Texet A4 laminator. They work just fine. I have had no problems. Will be ordering more.

High Visibility Childrens Safety Vest Waistcoat Jacket Small Size
High Visibility Childrens Safety Vest Waistcoat Jacket Small Size
Offered by School Wear United

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 15 Dec 2013
Cheap and cheerful, does what it should. Fit my daughter well from about 18 mos to 2.5 years, but she's quite tall for her age. Very happy.

Texet A4 Laminator
Texet A4 Laminator

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use, works well, 15 Dec 2013
Very happy with this. The refil laminate sheets are not expensive, and it's easy to use and reliable. I have not had any problems with mine, and I've used it fairly extensively. (I saved up old butterfly calendars, cut out the butterflies, and laminated them before using them to decorate my daughter's room.) Would recommend.

Kitchen Craft Chrome Plated 3 Tier Hanging Vegetable/Fruit Rack
Kitchen Craft Chrome Plated 3 Tier Hanging Vegetable/Fruit Rack

4.0 out of 5 stars Something from Wilkos, 15 Dec 2013
It's not platinum plated, it won't sort the bad ones out or keep things fresh indefintely, but it does the job. Even so, the chain isn't inspiring and I've fixed a couple of links over time that bent out of shape. Take care to set it up right with even drops on the links and it'll be fine.

Red Dwarf: Series 4 [DVD]
Red Dwarf: Series 4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Barrie
Offered by 247dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Red Dwarf, 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: Red Dwarf: Series 4 [DVD] (DVD)
Of course it's great, what were you expecting from the headline? Just sit back and enjoy it with a beer, no one claims it's the Reith Lectures.

Brendon Burns: Sober, Not Clean [DVD]
Brendon Burns: Sober, Not Clean [DVD]
Offered by YouWantIt-WeGotIt

5.0 out of 5 stars You find it offensive, I find it funny. That's why I'm happier than you., 15 Dec 2013
Brendan is what he is. I find him magnificent. I think if you have the flexibility of mind to realise something can be both offensive and funny, you're fine. If you don't, this isn't for you.

But he's no Roy Chubby Brown; he's far, far more modern and possessed of thinking than that.

RC Gyro Glide TM Apache Helicopter Military Green Model 25-103is (supports USB Charging)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bee's Knees, Cat's Pyjamas, Dog's ...., 15 Dec 2013
Everything you could hope for in an indoor helicopter. Gyro control as the battery wears down, sensitive throttle, working lights (bit Christmassy, but fine). There's no control of the rotor head per se, lift is purely a function of throttle, but one imagines the simplicity is maximised, and that's a good thing. Charging doesn't take long, it's robust enough to bounce off the bookcase and the TV and still be fine. It might be better if the secondary rotor was backward facing rather than upward; it achieves the aim in changing the effective angle of attack and thence forward or backward motion, and maybe there's a reason in the recvery from forward motion that would making control worse. You even get spares and auto-selection of 3 different channels if you want to play with a mate. Overall a very shrewd purchase.

The Good Funeral Guide
The Good Funeral Guide
by Charles Cowling

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should read this book, 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Good Funeral Guide (Paperback)
As an American married and settled in Britain I found funeral customs here baffling, and I found it very difficult to learn about them becasue it's a much more taboo subject here than in the States. (My husband, for instance has never had, and never will have, a conversation with his parents about their wishes for after they die. Argh!) I bought this book to educate myself, on the grounds that when my in-laws do eventually die, it will fall to us to arrange things, and would not have had the first clue as to where to begin, what the laws were, what our options were, etc.

I'm also a Military Wife, and God forbid the worst should happen, I don't want to have to arrange my husband's funeral and navigate all the confusion while grieving (nor do I want to turn my grief and my wallet over to an undertaker and say "Here, you sort this" thus giving up all control.)

Knowlege is power, forewarned is forearmed, and all that. This is a HUGELY practical book that will outline legal requirements in the event of a death and present your options for burial/creamation/etc and memorial services in a simple, clear, and sensitive manner, as well as providing contact info on where you can gain additional information on specific questions.

It is NOT morose, morbid, creepy, or grim. On the contrary, this book is enlightening and empowering. I highly reccommend reading it when no one is dead or dying, so you can take it all in, make note, ask questions of yourself and your loved ones while it's all still hypothetical and in the future.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10