Profile for Muzikat > Reviews

Content by Muzikat

Muzikat (Liverpool, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Betron B750s Earphones Headphones, High Definition, in-ear, Tangle Free, Noise Isolating , HEAVY DEEP BASS for iPhone, iPod, iPad, MP3 Players, Samsung Galaxy etc (Black with Volume Control and Mic)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Betron 750s - the bees' knees!, 17 July 2016
I bought these earphones to replace a pair of Sony phones I'd had for years. As I listen to music on my Samsung Galaxy S5 all the time I need phones that will give good treble and bass and an overall rich deep sound. I'm delighted to report these Betron B750s do just that. The sound is fantastic - much richer than my Sonys (which I originally thought were the bees' knees). The 750s come with an assortment of buds to fit every ear shape too. All this at a bargain price! No brainer!

Thursday's Child [DVD]
Thursday's Child [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sally Ann Howes

1.0 out of 5 stars Muffled travesty!, 25 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Thursday's Child [DVD] (DVD)
I was filled with joyful anticipation when I ordered this film - never having seen it before, but being an avid collector of British films of the 40's and 50's. However, never have I been so disappointed. Firstly, the plot is puerile, and drags on directionless and boring. Secondly, the acting is worse than amateur. But thirdly, and most crucially, the sound quality is AWFUL! Try as I might, I could barely make out what was being said - which did not help much to involve me in the lacklustre storyline. In recent years I have bought scores of brilliant DVDs from the Network reissue programme, and generally their standards are extremely high, but on this occasion I feel let down. Consequently, I cannot recommend this DVD to anyone.

Kamor® 10 10.1 inch Canvas Fabric Tablet Sleeve Case Cover Shell with pocket - Superior Protection Laptop Sleeve Case Bag/ Notebook Computer Case / Briefcase Carrying Bag / Ultrabook Laptop Bag Case / Pouch Cover / Skin Cover/ Computer accessories with 5.0mm thickness for Apple/Asus/Acer/Samsung/Chromo Inc/Dragon touch/Dell/Lenovo/Microsoft/Nokia/Google/HP/HTC//Sony Tablet/eBook, suitable for Apple iPad 2/3/4, Apple iPad Air/Air 2, Asus Transformer Book T100, ASUS Eee PC T101MT-EU27-BK, Lenovo A1070, Lenovo Yoga 10 HD, Samsung Galaxy Tab3/4/S/Pro, Sony Xperia Tablet Z2, especially for teens/kids/children/childs/women/ladies/girls/boys design(Gray)

5.0 out of 5 stars protection with style, 17 Jun. 2015
This cover is ideal for my Samsung Pro Tablet. Soft yet strong, it protects my tablet and has room in the outside pocket for charger, connecting leads, card reader, etc. Looks stylish too. Recommended!

TeckNet X300 2.4Ghz Wireless Multimedia Entertainment Keyboard(UK keyboard layout) and Mouse Combo for Desktop With Water-Resistant Keyboard Design
Offered by Hippidion.Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Mighty Mouse, 26 May 2015
This keyboard and mouse perform brilliantly, are really responsive and are great value for money. I would recommend them to anybody and would definitely buy again. Well pleased!

Hi-Tec Logan Waterproof, Men's Hiking Boots, Charcoal/Prussian, 10 UK
Hi-Tec Logan Waterproof, Men's Hiking Boots, Charcoal/Prussian, 10 UK
Offered by Barnets Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars These boots are made for walkin', 7 May 2015
Immensly comfortable. As to durability, it's too soon to say but they seem exceedingly well made.

Naneu Military Ops Alpha Camera Backpack - Black
Naneu Military Ops Alpha Camera Backpack - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The Holy Grail of DSLR backpacks, 2 April 2015
This backpack arrived quite quickly and extremely well-packaged. After trying several shoulder bags and backpacks over the years I believe I have found the Holy Grail of DSLR backpacks. The bag itself is ideal for my requirements in that I can get all my camera gear + tripod in it and still have plenty of space for non-photographic gear (fold-away waterproof jacket, bottle of water, snacks, map, etc.). The fabric seems extremely tough. The rear-opening camera compartment (ie. against my back) gives added security. The plethora of pockets and pouches provides ample storage for all my bits-and-pieces, and all presented in a backpack that doesn't look remotely like a camera bag.

My gear consists of: Nikon D7100 with battery grip and Nikkor 35mm prime lens attached; Nikkor 70-300mm lens (in its protective pouch); Sigma 10-20mm Ultra-wide zoom lens (also in its protective case); Black Rapid strap; set of Cokin Grad ND filters + adapter rings; various screw-on filters; Nikon cable release; Swiss army knife and miniature torch. My Manfrotto Pro190 tripod + ball head is a big heavy beast but it fits comfortably into the carrying pouch and strap on this backpack. When all the straps are adjusted and the cushioned waist harness is buckled up, the weight of my gear is so well-spread that it's a joy to carry. What more could one ask of a DSLR backpack?

The only fly in the ointment is that my backpack arrived without a rain cover. I contacted Harrison Cameras about this and they replied straight away saying they would contact the suppliers for a replacement. Sadly the suppliers were unable to oblige, so Harrison offered me a £5.00 rebate towards the cost of a generic rain cover. I thought this was a nice gesture and can only praise their customer service. This small hiccup won't prevent my giving five stars for both product and customer service.

Case Logic CPL107GY Sac bandoulière nylon avec Protège pluie intégré pour Réflex + 2 Objectifs + Accessoires Argent

1.0 out of 5 stars While this case might be ideal for some, sadly ..., 4 Feb. 2015
While this case might be ideal for some, sadly it was nowhere near big enough to accomodate my gear so I had to return it and order instead a full-size camera backpack.

BlackRapid Lockstar for Strap
BlackRapid Lockstar for Strap

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Rapid Lockstar... A no-brainer, 23 Dec. 2014
Expensive this gizmo might be, but it's perfect for the job. I agree with many other reviewers that this lock should be part of the Black Rapid strap systems, and not an optional extra. However, I entrust my £1000.00 Nikon camera plus £400.00 lens to my Black Rapid system, and anything I can add to the system to make my gear more secure, I will (a fact which I am certain the canny marketing department at Black Rapid are fully aware). At the end of the day, given the high value of dslr gear these days, what difference does an extra tenner make. For the extra piece of mind this ingenious device offers, it's actually remarkably good value for money. If you value your beloved camera, and you use a Black Rapid strap to keep it secure, this lock is a no brainer. Don't quibble about the price - just buy it (anyway, you get two of them for this price, so how cool is that?).

Case Logic Large Nylon Backpack with EVA Protection, Hammock, Laptop Storage and Extra Lense Storage for SLR Camera - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars visiting manufacturer`s website and watching Youtube videos - all in pursuit of the perfect (for my needs at least) dslr backpac, 26 Oct. 2014
I drove myself nearly mad reading reviews, visiting manufacturer`s website and watching Youtube videos - all in pursuit of the perfect (for my needs at least) dslr backpack. The first time I thought I`d nailed it, the bag (a Mantona) turned out to have design faults I couldn`t live with - so back it went. Next, I was convinced I`d found the right bag (by one of the most respected manufacturers, in fact a LowePro) - but I was mistaken. No tripod holder. No rain cover. No flexibility in the layout of velcro partitions. Back it went. I must point out at this stage that my requirements were not out of the ordinary. I have a Nikon D5200 with 35mm prime lens. Two other lenses - a Nikkor 55mm-300mm telephoto and a Sigma 10mm-20mm ultra wide. Throw in a Black Rapid strap, several filters, remote cable release, spare battery, penknife, tiny LED torch and other small essentials, and lastly my Manfrotto Pro 190 carbon fibre tripod. All I wanted was a sturdy backpack that I could customise to take this gear comfortably.

On the verge of giving up, I discovered the Case Logic SLRC 206. To my amazement I had found a bag that could have been made for me. This fantastic piece of kit has room for all my gear. The whole of the interior is velcro, with really thick, moveable partitions enabling an infinite variety of configurations. It incorporates Case Logic`s unique suspension unit in the top half of the bag that holds the camera (with any lens attached) isolated from the partitions and available for instant access without having to open the whole bag. It has a tripod holder on the side (I didn`t want a bag that held the tripod in the middle of the back because of the pull on my shoulders - so side mounting is perfect). This bag even has a special solid reinforced waterproof base that enables the bag to stand upright when placed on the ground. The only thing it doesn`t have is a rain cover, which I`m prepared to forgive because it`s pretty darned perfect in every other way. Anyway, I ordered a Trekmate cover for a few quid that`ll serve just as well.

All in all, I can`t recommend this backpack enough. The moral of my tale is do your research - it might take weeks of searching, but your perfect dslr backpack is out there.... and it might just turn out to be the DSLRC 206 by Case Logic.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2015 11:51 PM GMT

Koolertron Canvas DSLR SLR Camera Shoulder Bag For Sony Canon Nikon Olympus etc(Brown)
Offered by Kldeals

4.0 out of 5 stars this is an almost perfect carrier if you have lots of camera gear, 4 Sept. 2014
This bag is ideal. It takes my Nikon D5200 with three lenses, various filters and spare battery, lens caps, cleaning kit, remote control, folding umbrella, maps and small bottle of juice. It's also not blindingly obvious to passers-by that I am carrying all that gear - which is what attracted me to this bag in then first place. The only drawback (and the reason for only 4 stars) is the awful smell. I don't know what chemicals the fabric has been treated with, but it stinks to high heaven (deeply embarrassing when I'm traveling on public transport). I suppose I could try putting it through a heavy duty wash cycle, or perhaps eventually and many airings the smell might fade, only time will tell. Anyway, smell aside, this is an almost perfect carrier if you have lots of camera gear, and I would heartily recommend it (but be sure to carry a peg for your nose!).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2014 11:55 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3