Profile for Mr. Lawrence M. Wilkinson > Reviews

Content by Mr. Lawrence M...

Mr. Lawrence M. Wilkinson "lawrence04041989" (Sheffield, UK)

Casio FX-991ES  Calculator
Casio FX-991ES Calculator
Offered by 9to5 Supplies (VAT receipt supplied)
Price: 20.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Best calculator available today, 5 Jun 2009
Not only did this calculator safely see me through my Maths and Physics A-levels, it is now proving invaluable for my Physics degree at university. The ability to see the entire equation you're inputting before pressing =, all the physical constants you would ever need and answers given in their exact fraction/surd form (decimal form is one button press away) makes this absolutely essential and puts it above all others in Casio's range.

Video Studio 8.0
Video Studio 8.0

3.0 out of 5 stars Video Studio 8, 10 April 2005
This review is from: Video Studio 8.0 (CD-ROM)
I bought this as an upgrade to just using windows movie maker. the windows program has everything you need apart from being able to burn watchable media. With video studio 8 you can burn a vcd, svcd or dvd. Also you can make menus on the disks which look very professional. For the rest of the program, id say it was no better than windows. It is not easy to find your way around, the capture is not as easy and there is no easy way to insert titles and credits, as with windows. I am pleased i bought it, as i can now burn a disk that i can watch on my tv. The box claims to have some clever features, like a screen in screen, but i am yet to find them. Buy this only if you think you really need it.

Sony LCS-HCB Soft Carrying Case for HC Series Camcorders (DCR-HC40, HC30, HC20, HC18, HC16)

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony LCS-HCB, 31 Dec 2004
Great looking case, I managed to fit my DCR-TRV14E camcorder in it well, even though Sony says it won't. Make sure you have noticed the pink trim on the zip as I didn't until I opened the box. It didn't bother me but it might to someone else. Also if you're buying it to utilise the front pocket, don't bother, as it is useless for anything except your cleaning cloth. Overall, an excellent case if you just want somewhere to store your camera and nothing else, but if your looking for something a bit bigger, consider this as a secondary case, as I did.

Sony LCS-VA40 Camcorder Soft Case
Sony LCS-VA40 Camcorder Soft Case
Offered by K.K. Electronics
Price: 26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony LCS-VA40, 24 Oct 2004
When I recieved the bag throught the post, it looked far too big for my needs. I was soon proved wrong as i managed to fill every pocket with something. There is a space to store the instruction manual, which comes in very handy for a new camcorder, and looks very neat and tidy. I am storing my DCR TRV14E camcorder in it but there is an adjustable section for storing the camera so it will fit any. Buy this bag now!