Profile for Marcus Morgan > Reviews

Content by Marcus Morgan

Marcus Morgan (London, UK)

The Royal Road to Card Magic
The Royal Road to Card Magic
by Jean Hugard

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book that demands you pace yourself, 24 Feb. 2012
This excellent book comes above all with one great lesson - don't rush.

Reading it cover to cover is not the way to go, each chapter has exercises and practice tricks that enlarge your toolkit.

Yes, some of the patter is dated, but more than "a few card tricks" this book teaches the nuts and bolts, and allows you to demonstrate your skills as they develop. Master a chapter at a time, and you'll have immense fun fooling about with cards.

LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
Offered by Go2Games

5.0 out of 5 stars One year on, 13 Jan. 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LittleBigPlanet (PS3) (Video Game)
I bought a PS3 so I could play this game, initially. And I bought LBP on the release day.

Since then I've enjoyed other games, (Lego Starwars, Arkham Asylum, GTA, etc) but I keep coming back to LBP.

Yes, a year later I still haven't finished the single-player game. But I love it, and I love the online levels. There's so much creativity out there with the online levels that if you only played the most 'hearted' ones alone you've got many many times as much game as you paid for.

Yes, the DLC costs about four quid a pop, but that appeals to the collector in me.

One year on Little Big Planet is firmly the game I expect I'll still be playing and loving for years to come.

Soon I Will be Invincible
Soon I Will be Invincible
by Austin Grossman

5.0 out of 5 stars Playful homage, 22 Aug. 2007
Packed with details that draw you in, this comic book world is more four dimensional than four colour. I read this wishing it didn't have to end, and now I hope for a sequel. Bravo Mr. Grossman!

Tri-Stat DX: Core System Role-Playing Game
Tri-Stat DX: Core System Role-Playing Game
by Mark C. MacKinnon

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need, nothing you don't, 4 Feb. 2005
The "Stingy Gamer Edition" of the rules system used in Silver Age Sentinels and Big Eyes Small Mouth is available trimmed down. No illustrations, no colours, just page after page of nicely laid out and well presented rules.
And what rules! TriStat DX is capable of handling almost any campaign setting. If you're running a BESM or SAS game I especially recommend buying several copies of this to just hand to your players.
At this price, TriStat dX is unbeatable.