Profile for Leidey > Reviews

Inform Educate Entertain
Inform Educate Entertain
Price: 7.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as EP One nor The War Room EP, 10 May 2013
Having been a fan of PSB since hearing the first play of ROYGBIV on Radio 6 last year, I am slightly underwhelmed by this album. I pre-ordered the War Room EP, and this as soon as they became available. The War Room improves with listening, and some of the non-single tracks are superb. I was expecting more of the same with I-E-E, but sadly it hasn't grabbed me in the same way. EP One is also better, in my opinion. Between EP One, and the War Room, you have all the best tracks from I-E-E, plus better ones. Only Everest is missed.

This is widly touted as the breakthrough album for PSB, but having tried to explain the concept to non-fans and raving about the release of this album, I can't see it happening. Plays on the radio have brought PSB to a whole much larger audience, hence favourable reviews, as they still see the novelty in the concept. However, once this has worn off, their isn't as much to listen to as in the War Room. There isn't a theme to it, and I think a theme would link tracks much better, as in The War Room EP. As it is, I-E-E sounds like a "best of" but without their best tracks.

The War Room

I certainly hope this album is a success and leads to more releases from PSB. Hopefully themed albums, as The War Room EP.

Some reviews have tipped this for being one of the albums of the year. Personally, I would wait for Field of Reeds by These New Puritans before making a judegement. I listened to Fragment Two immediately after my first play of I-E-E, and that completely blew me away.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2013 9:34 AM BST