Profile for Ms. S. M. Symonds > Reviews

Content by Ms. S. M. Symonds

Ms. S. M. Symonds "soozq2"

And Winter Came
And Winter Came
Price: 11.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 19 Nov 2008
This review is from: And Winter Came (Audio CD)
This album has far exceeded my expectations. I was a bit sceptical about the 'Christmas Theme', but this album is truly beautiful. I do not think Enya's voice has ever sounded better. This is the perfect album for this time of year, but i probably will listen to it throughout the year too. If only one of the songs on this album could be Christmas number one rather than the normal rubbish that seem to top the bill!

Price: 10.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Roisin Rocks, 23 Oct 2007
This review is from: Overpowered (Audio CD)
I wasn't sure at first if i thought this album was any good, i thought it was a bit 'samey' - but it's amazing - takes a few listens, but after that you realise each song stands up in it's own right, demanding to be listened to - very loudly!

Roisin has the most amazing voice i have ever heard. It is SO unique, forget all other female singers - hers is truely the greatest.

Can't really pick a favourite song as it changes each time i listen to the album.

JUST BRILLIANT

Offered by ALL-MY-MUSIC-GERMANY
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Please be fair, 25 Sep 2007
This review is from: Overpowered (Audio CD)
How can you post a review like the one below? i have not heard the album yet, sure it will be great, Roisin is v talented with an amazing voice. Even if the album's not great, no need to be rude about it.

American Doll Posse
American Doll Posse
Price: 6.69

5.0 out of 5 stars i used to hate dolls....., 7 Jun 2007
This review is from: American Doll Posse (Audio CD)
I will keep this short and sweet - this is a brilliant album - best since Choirgirl! Beekeeper and Scarlet were a disappointment.

This album contains some of the best songs Tori has ever made. To name just two: Almost Rosey/beauty of speed

Thanks Tori for a great album

The Beekeeper (CD + DVD)
The Beekeeper (CD + DVD)
Offered by DISCO91
Price: 18.72

5.0 out of 5 stars The Power Of Tori, 3 Mar 2005
I was disappointed with Scarlet's Walk. It was too flowery and whimsical compared to the Tori I love (and a bit long...) When I heard the Beekeeper was 19 tracks long, my heart sank. I thought it was going to be another Scarlet. But I was wrong. From the first listen I loved this album. Yes, it is long, but in my opinion, every single song(or girl)deserves to be on this album. Every song stands out in it's own right. The songs are funny, beautiful, strong, sexy, powerful...I could go on
Here are some of the standout tracks, (really is ALL of them, I just don't want to bore people)
Ribbons Undone - Beautiful
Toast - Possibly even more beautiful
Sweet The Sting - Shake shake shake me sane
Barons of Suburbia - Beautiful and scary - She has risen
The Beekeeper - Fantastically experimental
The Power of Orange Knickers - Silly name? Great song
Goodbye Pisces - Tori's gone all Chinese
Hoochie Woman - Funny, woo hoo hoo
Witness - Just listen....
General Joy - Great Piano and vocals - Tori sounds great

Encore
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.79

1.0 out of 5 stars Carry on walking down the yellow brick road, 5 Dec 2004
This review is from: Encore (Audio CD)
This album is rubbish. It is childish, embarassing and boring. My grandma could do better than this. I will say no more, as i have taken the same time writing this as Em took writing the album.

Around The Sun (Int'l Jewelcase)
Around The Sun (Int'l Jewelcase)
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 4.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 7 Oct 2004
This album has received some quite harsh reviews from the press. Personally i cannot understand why. This album is fantastic. Yes, the sound is typical REM, but the songs sound fresh and unhurried, unlike their last album Reveal, which sounded stale and tired. Reveal was billed to be their 'greatest ever album', but i was so disappointed. Personally, i feel that Around the Sun deserves this title. The album has been criticized for being 'too slow', but this is not the case. Maybe REM don't go for the obvious big guns approach with loud crashing drums and guitars, it is much subtler, but no less impacting. 'Up' was a much 'slower' album, but received greater applause than Around the Sun. Oh well.
So people, to conclude, ignore the bad press, buy this brilliant album, love it.
If you don't like it...sell it
PS: stand out tracks
The outsiders
Make it all okay (it grows on you, trust me)
Wanderlust (me me me me)
Boy in the well (it's that sinking feeling)
Aftermath
The ascent of man (i'm a cactus...?!)yeah yeah yeah
You'll love the others too..High speed Train my least fav

Moloko - 11,000 Clicks [DVD] [2004]
Moloko - 11,000 Clicks [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Moloko
Offered by trusselltrust
Price: 23.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for me!, 10 Sep 2004
I am not usually a music DVD/video fan, I always tend to think it will be a sterotypical bunch of songs with the singer standing motionless. Being a huge fan of Moloko however, I decided to purchase the DVD. I was NOT dissapointed. The collection of songs is diverse and brilliant. From the crazy and lovable Fun For Me to the hauntingly beautiful Statues, this collection of songs shows what a unique and inventive band they are. In a world of put-together bands, it is so nice to see a band who are not afraid to be different.
This DVD gives Roisin a chance to show off her fantastic voice (she has never sounded so good), and her dancing. And can the girl dance!!! Give her a part in Chicago anyday!! You go girl!
She has a brilliant rapport with the crowd, shaking hands, hi-fives, and I haven't even started on the stage diving!! How many artists allows themselves to interact like that?
If anyone is in any doubt about seeing Moloko live, buy this DVD, and beleive me, you will be purchasing tickets on the first day of release, and queueing up at 2am to get the best seat in the house.
Classic

Statues
Statues
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 7.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown Away!, 20 Jun 2003
This review is from: Statues (Audio CD)
I am going to try and keep this short and to the point. This album is AMAZING! Atlhough amazing doesn't really do it justice. The mix is just right, from the brilliant dance floor filler 'Forever More', to the sublime honey coated 'The Only Ones', this is an album you can cry to, dance to, and party with!
This album has not left my car or hi-fi since i bought it on the 1st day of release. Roisin has never sounded better. Superb. Fantastic. If this doesn't blow you away, nothing will.