ARRAY(0xa72fa3e4)

Profile for E. Eldridge > Reviews

Content by E. Eldridge

E. Eldridge (UK)

The Complete Low-Fodmap Diet: A Revolutionary Plan for Managing Ibs and Other Digestive Disorders
by Sue Shepherd

3.0 out of 5 stars Recipies not tested, 15 Jan 2014
Useful book re details about FODMAP tried a few recipies but they don't appear to have been tested (often the way with recipe books though) so be prepared for a little trial and error before they 'work'

The Unremarkable Heart
The Unremarkable Heart
Price: 0.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Finished Half-way Through, 19 Oct 2011
It was a resonable concise read but I felt very let down to get 50% through and then find it had ended and then to fill the book there were two samples - which I did read and enjoyed - but the let down I felt at reading only half a book would make me reluctant to pay more than the 49p I did: Unless of course the information told you that there were only 50% of the book and the rest was advertising!

The One You Love (Emma Holden suspense mystery trilogy)
The One You Love (Emma Holden suspense mystery trilogy)

2.0 out of 5 stars Editing Needed, 19 Oct 2011
It was a 'good read' but I really struggled with the lack of editing which caused me quite a lot of annoyance. However, as it was a free download I guess on balance that's ok - but I wouldn't pay for a book as poorly edited as this was:(

On The Edge: My Story
On The Edge: My Story
Price: 4.31

4.0 out of 5 stars On the Edge, 16 Oct 2011
Weeeeelllll It would be interesting to hear how he gets on ....... It's a personalish account of how he came to do what he does and a little insight into how the brain injury affected him and his family. A humorous account of some difficult times. It would be interesting to hear what his discoveries are about his injury some 10 - 15 years on - but then I'm just being nosey:) I was an aeronautical engineer and had cross trained into IT when as a business analyst I had a RTA and suffered a mild to severe head injury some 12 years ago now and still have issues but its good to hear that others can keep their job - I only managed it for 2 years post accident at which point I was asleep 4 days out of 7:) I found limitations of my abilities to read; concentrate; drive - however at least he got some assistance - I wonder whether it is ongoing - I just think that Brain Injury changes over time so I'd like to know whether someone who is high profile and 'in the system' so to speak

Apollo Strawberry Tub
Apollo Strawberry Tub
Offered by Garden Essentials
Price: 21.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Strawberry Tub, 23 May 2010
Compared to the early versions of these things with panels that slotted into each other this was a piece of cake to assemble and far easier to water the plants as they stick out from the side in cups. It's also a lot more attractive. Not sure how to put the netting on though - think it wraps round with the width of the material being roughly the height of the sides - presumably it wraps around a few times to make the holes narrower!