Profile for Dr. R. Price > Reviews

Content by Dr. R. Price

Dr. R. Price "RichP" (London)

Running Trax 2014
Running Trax 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Pump up the volume!, 10 April 2014
This review is from: Running Trax 2014 (Audio CD)
I found this album to be great motivation for a run - a good selection of tracks. Highly recommended! Get out and hit the road!!

Plastic Access Panel with Hinged Door 300 x 300mm Snap Friction Lock
Plastic Access Panel with Hinged Door 300 x 300mm Snap Friction Lock

4.0 out of 5 stars A bargain, 9 April 2014
I bought this hatch for the ceiling of a buy to let property so that the gas boiler flu could be inspected along its whole length (a new requirement of the annual gas safety certificate). This hatch seems to be made of a good quality plastic and came in a pure white colour - I haven't bothered painting it.

You really can't go wrong for the cost. When installing the frame into the ceiling I cut a hole just the right size so it fitted without any slack. The 'return' edges that sit against the freshly cut plaster board are about the same depth as the thickness of the plaster board. I would have preferred there to have been enough of a return for me to screw the hatch frame to a small wooden frame within the ceiling but at this price you can't grumble. Instead I just used an instant grab glue and secured the frame against the plaster - seems to be holding fine! The frame has a good sized lip on all 4 sides which provide a good surface for the glue.

Concept2 Model D Indoor Rower with PM4 - Grey (Old Version)
Concept2 Model D Indoor Rower with PM4 - Grey (Old Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Concept2: The best rower, 25 Mar. 2014
This is certainly not the cheapest rower on the market but in my view it's well worth the extra money! There's a reason why any commercial gym will have these rowers.

In my view there is no point in paying extra for the Model E rower - the only difference is its height off the floor. I did however decide to pay a bit extra for the PM4 which comes with a wireless heart rate monitor.

The Concept2 has great build quality and a really smooth action. If you find you're no longer using it in a few years time, you can always sell it and get most of the money back (2nd hand models are not that much cheaper!).

12v LED FLEXIBLE STRIP LIGHT in WARM WHITE 3 Metre / 180 LED's ** LED TAPE / STRIPS IDEAL FOR MOOD LIGHTING, KITCHENS, UNDER CABINET LIGHTING, ETC **
Offered by Brightlightz

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, although a little bit too 'warm white' for me, 18 April 2012
A good product although I found that the colour of the light was a little bit warmer (yellower) than I wanted and didn't quite match the existing lights in the room. I also bought the 'cool white' LED strip and that is a very cool white and quite 'blue'. I also noticed that this warm white strip did not have the nice gel cover over the top of the LED and the wires along the tape (something that the cool white strip did have).

That said, if you're after a 'warm' LED strip this is a good product at a great price.

Salter 9119 MiBody USB Analyser Digital Bathroom Scale - Black Glass
Salter 9119 MiBody USB Analyser Digital Bathroom Scale - Black Glass

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!, 5 Feb. 2012
I've had the Salter MI Body for about a month now and I really recommend it. It supports up to 20 different users (!! I only need 2 of them) - you just need to select your user number before you step onto the scales - and records all sorts of data, eg weight, bmi, body muscle percentage, body fat percentage, metabolic rate, visceral fat index. It would have been nice if it could automatically know who I am based on my last weight (assuming each user has a sufficiently different weight). I think it can record about 20 readings per user within its own memory. You can transfer the readings to a PC and track your progress - just what I needed to motivate me to lose more weight!

Sentry 2hr Fire Safe (Water Resistant with Advanced Lock, USB Connection, 33.6 L, Qe4531)

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind, 29 May 2010
A good way to help secure your data such as digital photos. Plenty of room inside means you can store all sorts of other things in there as well - makes it very easy to remember where you left your passport!

BIPRA USB 2.0 External Caddy/Enclosure For 2.5" Laptop SATA Hard Drive. USB Bus Powered - Black
Offered by Bipra Limited UK's Number 1 Hard Drive Specialist

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, 29 May 2010
A great price and works perfectly. I used the caddy to house the old 320GB drive from my Mac mini. Very easy to drop the drive in the caddy and it was ready to go!

Rextron USB 2.0 to SVGA Adapter (REX01125)
Rextron USB 2.0 to SVGA Adapter (REX01125)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great solution for an extra monitor, 9 Jan. 2010
I bought this device about 2 months ago. I already had two monitors running from my graphics card but wanted a 3rd to help with my work. Getting a new, or possibly 2 new, graphics cards worked out too expensive. I was worried about the quality of the picture on the monitor using this device when compared to the other 2 screens running from the graphics card but it looks exactly the same!

Highly recommended - a really cheap solution (please note this manufacturer also makes a higher resolution DVI device if you need it).