Profile for Carlota Marshall > Reviews

Content by Carlota Marshall

Carlota Marshall

The Husband's Secret
The Husband's Secret

3.0 out of 5 stars An intriguing story but lacking any true credible depth, 28 Aug. 2015
A fairly enjoyable read with an interesting idea involving three central female characters.

Some of it was very contrived and had too many coincidences to allow a fully believable and immersive reading experience.

I did guess the husbands secret as I knew the writer would need something to link the women in the story together.

It's an easy read and what happens once the husband's secret is revealed kept me reading until the end.

Overall the end of the book for me was disappointing after a promising start.

Crayola 5.1 MP Digital Camera - Green
Crayola 5.1 MP Digital Camera - Green

1.0 out of 5 stars Very basic camera, 7 Oct. 2011
This camera was bought for my 8 year old son for his birthday. Initially we thought it would be good because of the software that comes with it and the fact it is 5mp. However, once we got the camera working, we realised it is very basic and takes poor quality photos. It has no zoom function at all, the viewing screen is poor and it really looks fairly cheap, which, considering the price you don't expect. It also had a fault whereby the connection for the battery didn't work properly and the camera was constantly switching itself off. I do not recommend this camera. Buy a basic 'adult' camera instead, which is what we did in the end.

Philips HR1362 Hand Blender with Beaker & Whisk Accessory
Philips HR1362 Hand Blender with Beaker & Whisk Accessory

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent blender, 11 Sept. 2011
This is the third blender I have had and is by far the best. So far I have made smoothies, soups and curry pastes and they have turned out beautifully. It is extremely powerful and easy to use. Highly recommended.

Zumba Fitness: Join The Party
Zumba Fitness: Join The Party
Offered by Netro Enterprise

5.0 out of 5 stars Zumtastic, 21 Jun. 2011
My husband purchased this game for me as he knew I really enjoy going to Zumba classes but don't play any games on the ps3, so thought this would get me involved with the console. It is more of a workout than an actual game, so if you'll be disappointed if it's the game element you want. If, however, like myself you want a fun and very effective workout at home, this is excellent.

I have been going to Zumba classes for a while so was already familiar with some of the moves, therefore I was able to skip the tutorials and go straight into the dances. You mirror the dancer on the screen. The move controller is inserted into a belt and you have that on your hips. This then tracks your movements and gives you more energy ratings. The more accurately you copy the moves the higher your ratings are. This part is where I don't believe the controller works that well. My 7 year old son was waving the controller around and not performing the moves and still managed to achieve a very high energy rating. This is a minor blip,as the whole point is to get you up and sweaty and it sure does that. The music is fantastic and addictive, you just want to keep going back for more. As a fun workout, you can't beat this. It is better than a fitness dvd because you can tailor it specifically to you and more motivational than any fitness dvd I've ever tried. I recommend this to any one that loves dancing and wants a fun fitness aid at home.

Up and Down
Up and Down
by Oliver Jeffers

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Gem, 8 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Up and Down (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my two sons aged 7 and 3. We have the other Oliver Jeffers books and have always enjoyed them. Up and down is another beautifully written and illustrated book. It features the same characters as in previous books (How to catch a star, Lost and found, A way back home) so it engages the children with the boy and penguin straight away, although if this is the first book you've read, you will understand the characters easily too. It covers the same themes, friendship, loyalty, love etc. It is a lovely book, with humorous text and beautiful illustrations and is now another bedtime favourite for my boys.