Profile for Chris > Reviews

GM Door-Gym Exercise Bar (Pack of 1) - Multi-Colour
GM Door-Gym Exercise Bar (Pack of 1) - Multi-Colour
Offered by Ever Rich - UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome space saver that works!, 10 May 2016
As i said in the header, saves space and does the job. Oh, and it's as cheap as feck.

AB-MXR 3kg Total Body Workout
AB-MXR 3kg Total Body Workout
Offered by ncompass

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 10 May 2016
Silly gimmick. Do not buy. Take up running and start eating decent, fatty.

Lego Dimensions Starter Pack
Lego Dimensions Starter Pack

1.0 out of 5 stars One hour in, 4 game breaking glitches later, 10 May 2016
This game is so glitchy it is almost unplayable. The workmanship, or whatever term the idiots who pump this crap out choose to call their endeavour, is of a hideously substandard nature. My 6 year old was gutted when he had to restart the entire thing again for the 4th time.

Zoomer Dino Jurrasic World Game
Zoomer Dino Jurrasic World Game
Offered by Wi-Shop

1.0 out of 5 stars As uncontrollable as the real thing!, 1 Feb. 2016
Has several "modes" but the only one that works is the manic, constantly falling over, rage mode. The so called Control mode barely works at all, all you can do is make the jaws chomp. It obstinately refuses to respond to your commands from the remote. My six year old got frustrated quickly and stopped playing with it. For fifty quid I felt it was pretty poor. There's a YouTube review video which illustrates our experience exactly, look it up before buying.

LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)
LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)
Offered by Mayflower Stores

2.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant game let down by unbearable bugs., 22 May 2015
Sad to give this only two. It is a cracking game with some real passion and imagination on show, but the constant glitching and freezing just intolerable. My six year old loves to it but he's always running to me saying that it's stopped working yet again. And just about every wee level he's put together won't load as it invariably ends up corrupted. For such a high profile and well produced title this should not be the case. Two stars for some shoddy workmanship on the fine tuning.

CANDURE® - Professional Blackheads Whiteheads Remover Extractor Facial Tool -Flat and Round Wired Ends - Stainless
Offered by CANDURE

1.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the full star reviews. They're either lying or high., 22 May 2015
Do the folks giving full stars work for this company? It does not work in the slightest, is a bit sore to use and leaves an ugly red mark on the nose. Simple as that. It's cheap so I'm not that fussed, but it's utterly pointless.

Mass Effect 3 (Xbox 360)
Mass Effect 3 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Excess Gaming

4.0 out of 5 stars Is the ending really that bad?, 21 May 2012
My score for this was based on the overall game, and the satisfaction of seeing the team I'd PAINSTAKINGLY saved in the suicide mission once again. The combat in the game is excellent, though my biotic seemed over powered at times and I barely had to fire my gun. The graphics and sound are outstanding, the Reaper invasion looks stunning, and that high pitched wail the machines make right before unleashing the main weapon is damn intimidating. Some parts of the game are noteworthy just for emotional impact:
!!!!SPOILERS!!!! 1. The wee boy at the start. I mean, come on! Who can honestly say that didn't put a lump in your throat? 2. The Turian homeworld on fire, cracking scene. 3. Shooting Mordin Solus in the back! Ah! had to be done. 4. Killing Wrex, when he finds out you shafted him. Look, I had no choice!

My negative comments are: The team isn't big enough; sometimes the Normandy felt a bit empty. There could have been more side scrolling quests that open up the mass effect universe a bit more; this game is very main story focused. And I'd have also liked a couple of new world hubs to explore, maybe the Hanar homeworld? So that's it, 4/5. And my score has nothing whatsoever to do with the last ten minutes of playtime.

Never has the conclusion to a game been so controversial, so much so that I heard about it long before seeing it. (something I hate) And when I did finally witness it, I was really surprised, as it wasn't all that bad. The trouble is that this isn't necessarily the ending people wanted to see; i.e the american's don't come charging in all guns blazing and finish the Reapers without hardly breaking a sweat, whilst still maintaining a perfect hair-do, pearly white teeth and humming The Star Spangled Banner. Jeez, the ending isn't even in Washington or New York, but London! For shame! And the ending here isn't exactly "happy". But hey, sometimes endings aren't happy. Why does everyone want to see/play the same recycled crap over and over again? Well, it seems as though the legions of sheep out their will get their wish, as I hear bioware are doing a redux of the ending.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2012 10:50 PM BST

Final Fantasy XIII - Platinum (PS3)
Final Fantasy XIII - Platinum (PS3)
Offered by DW JACKSON

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced..., 2 Mar. 2012
At £12.99 this "game" is still over priced. The only way it would be worth the money is if someone paid YOU to play it. Even then it would still be torture. I reviewed this a while back, when it was full price and I really can't understand people giving it five stars. The graphics are cracking, obviously, but when I'm watching one massive cutscene after another, I realize I don't care about what I'm seeing. That's because I don't give a monkeys about any of the protagonists, the world they inhabit or the illogical and badly written story that's unfolding.

This is a one star game, and that star is for the graphics and sound alone.

Ship Breaker: Number 1 in series
Ship Breaker: Number 1 in series

3.0 out of 5 stars This novel breaks towards the end..., 22 Feb. 2012
Cracking start. Confused directionless middle. Gets better for a bit, then ends abruptly and unsatisfactorily.

That pretty much sums up how I felt about Paolo's second effort. The Wind Up Girl (his debut) is far superior, more in depth and fulfilling. Now, I know this book is YA, but maybe Bacigalupi imposed too great a restriction on his writing and style by aiming at a younger crowd. The Wind up girl is doubtless a dark, powerful and cynical work, but there in lie some of its strengths. With Ship Breaker, it felt like the author was just leaving so much unsaid, and character interactions felt unconvincing. At the same time, I believe the book is also a poor fit for its intended audience; the themes are constantly violent, including violence towards kids and there's a load of drug/alchohol abuse. With that in mind, maybe the novel would have been better written for adults in the first place?

On the positive side, Bacigalupi's future world is well imagined and believable, with many unique ideas throughout. Certainly worth a look, though I'd rather recommend his first book.

Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360)
Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Bridge_Records

4.0 out of 5 stars This series keeps getting better..., 22 Feb. 2012
Have just played ME2 again, in anticipation of the third installment, and enjoyed it even more this time around.

ME2 improves on the original in both combat and succinctness. Gone are the painstaking landscape crawls in the Mako, with each accessible planet drop cutting right to the action. The combat areas are tighter and packed with hostiles, very little frustrating searching here. But the game is not short, and there are plenty of rewarding side quests and collectibles for the hardened 'completionist'. I found that I couldn't rest easy until my entire team came out alive...but I won't spoil that part.

Something must be said for the graphical brilliance of the environments; each location is simply alive with detail and depth. You'll find yourself just stopping to look around more than once. A massive amount of thought has gone into the games fiction, and some of the ideas are truly excellent, on par with some of the best written science fiction.

For anyone thinking about playing ME3 on its release, I suggest you work your way through this game first. Not only to get a handle on the Mass Effect universe (in itself rewarding) but to experience the butterfly effect in episode three. As with the original, actions taken in the former game will have a knock on effect in the later. And I can hardly wait.

Page: 1 | 2