Profile for tristan.rotterdam > Reviews

Content by tristan.rotterdam

tristan.rotterdam

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplicity can be a good thing, 30 Sep 2010
The Kensington Easy Riser stand is a good example of practical, fit-for-purpose design. I was drawn to the simplicty of this product as it stood above the more clumsy and over engineered alternatives out there. The plastic construction is sterdy and the inclusion of rubber facing and rubber feet means that your laptop should stay put, while holes in the back of the product have proven useful to rationalise cables.

While the stand will presumably help with cooling, my main interest was to improve ergonomics and this, together with a nice wireless keyboard and mouse, has done wonders. The stand has multiple height settings (although I can't see many people using anything but the maximum one) and the ability for it to fold flat could be useful for people on the go.

My only suggestion to improve the product would be for Kensington to increase the lip of the stand as it can struggle to hold larger, more baulky laptops in place.

Overall I'm very happy with the product, so much so that I've bought a second one for my girlfriend!

Logitech Cordless Desktop EX 100
Logitech Cordless Desktop EX 100

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 30 Sep 2010
The EX100 is a great keyboard & mouse combination that reflects great value for money. The keyboard is well constructed with a pleasant key press (not too flimsy nor too firm) and the mouse is comfortable. For me the keyboards shortcuts (ie. volume up/down, outlook open, calculator shortcut etc) installed automatically with my Windows XP version. The mouse houses two AAs which will see months, perhaps years, of use before a battery change.

The only minor improvement I can see would be for logitech to replace the somewhat clumsy usb-cable receving station with a smaller non-cable usb unit but this shouldn't deter anyone as this overall is a quality product. Thoroughly recommended!