Profile for K. Young > Reviews

Content by K. Young

K. Young (Hampshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
FOREST FEAST Belgian Milk Chocolate Mango 90 g (Pack of 6)
FOREST FEAST Belgian Milk Chocolate Mango 90 g (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously delicious!, 3 Jan. 2016
I was given some of this for Christmas, and it's yummy! I disagree with the other reviewer about there being too little mango. It's obviously a personal taste, but I found the balance just right. I've attached a photo of a cross-section so that you can see how much of each there is.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Gone Girl
Gone Girl
by Gillian Flynn

1.0 out of 5 stars Not one truly likeable character!, 2 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Gone Girl (Paperback)
Reviews tend to be skewed towards the positive, because it's a fact that more negative reviews received "unhelpful" votes. I don't know why this should be - surely potential buyers should appreciate honest reviews, and rate them fairly? Anyway, I have decided to risk the inevitable backlash, and warn readers not to be taken in by all the hype about this particular book.

The two main characters, Nick and Amy, are both difficult to empathise with. We are made aware very early that Nick is lying to the police, and everyone else. Amy comes over as irritating and just a bit off, somehow. Ultimately, the reader who makes it that far will find out why this is. Without giving the ending away, suffice to say that neither party turns out to be someone you'd want in your life. This matters to me because I like to be able to side with someone, and to like them. The police are pretty useless, having made an early assumption about who the baddie is. I got a little over half-way through the story before deciding to give up, and skipped to the ending. Having found out what happens, I feel glad that I didn't waste any more of my life on it!

Personalized-UK Xmas Unisex mixed Crystal Rhinestone Brooch Pin
Personalized-UK Xmas Unisex mixed Crystal Rhinestone Brooch Pin
Offered by Personalized-Co

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but comes undone all the time., 16 Dec. 2015
Very pretty, and cheap too. Unfortunately I can't wear it because both times I did so, it fell off! The pin has a little twist-round bit at the sharp end, but it doesn't stay round, so it just comes undone. It probably doesn't help that the pin goes upwards, rather than down, so gravity is against it. I will have to try to find an alternative way of attaching it if I can. Such a shame - I'd rather have paid slightly more for one with a decent catch!

Space Saving Silver Worktop Drainer Tray
Space Saving Silver Worktop Drainer Tray
Offered by Betterware Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective., 16 Dec. 2015
Excellent! I had a SimpleHuman tray before, under my wire draining rack. Unfortunately, that one had small metal spouts for drainage, and the housing for the spouts got broken very quickly. This one is just moulded plastic, and quite tough. It drains well, and just needs to be run under the tap every week or so to remove any grime build-up in the edges. I've bought a second one for my mum and she really likes hers, too.

Lindt Advent Calendar 160 g
Lindt Advent Calendar 160 g

4.0 out of 5 stars Yum., 16 Dec. 2015
A bit more special than your average chocolate advent calendar, if you don't mind paying £10! I only have one child, so it was OK, but if I had several, I think I'd probably stick to cheaper ones :)

Set of 24 Colour Changing LED Tea light Candle Mood Light for Festivals in White M-LD010
Offered by EU Xcellent Global

5.0 out of 5 stars They loved the colour-changes, 16 Dec. 2015
A huge hit with my classes of preschoolers for singing Christmas songs. They loved the colour-changes, and they're a slightly bigger size than ones I've had in the past, so easy for them to hold. At the end of the song we "blow them out" - child blows whilst an adult flicks the switch, although many of them have now got the hang of doing the switch themselves, whilst blowing, which is quite sweet.

Forthglade Natural Chicken and Heart Menu 395 g (Pack of 18)
Forthglade Natural Chicken and Heart Menu 395 g (Pack of 18)

5.0 out of 5 stars but this one's great. I chop it and mix with some dog ..., 16 Dec. 2015
My dog loves this food. She has a tendency to get an upset tummy from some foods, but this one's great. I chop it and mix with some dog biscuits, and manage to get two meals out of each one (medium sized, beardie). I used Nature Diet in the past but had issues with some of the packs having rotten food in, so I switched to this brand. I like that you can see the food inside, through the clear lid, before opening it. Opened packs will keep in the fridge for a couple of days, too.

Creation Station Tinsel Pipe Cleaners
Creation Station Tinsel Pipe Cleaners
Offered by Kids B Crafty®

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty and good value., 16 Dec. 2015
Perfect for use in Christmassy projects. I poked them into polystyrene balls to make tree baubles for children to decorate.

50mm Polystyrene Spheres/Balls pack of 30
50mm Polystyrene Spheres/Balls pack of 30
Offered by The Royal Trader

5.0 out of 5 stars Were perfect for my project., 16 Dec. 2015
I poked the two ends of a sparkly pipe cleaner in each one, to make a hanging loop, then gave each child in my classes one to decorate for the tree. It was a lovely activity, and they were easy to use, with glued-on bits, with pens, and with stickers and "jewels". They're roughly golf-ball sized and (obviously!) very lightweight, so perfect for the job. I'm sure there must be many other uses for them, too, but I will certainly buy them again next year.

The Benross Christmas Workshop 45 cm Cherry Tree with 48 LED's Light, White
The Benross Christmas Workshop 45 cm Cherry Tree with 48 LED's Light, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Really lovely., 16 Dec. 2015
Very pretty, and easy to set up. I've seen similar trees elsewhere since buying this: most have been smaller, and all have been more expensive. Placed in a darkish corner, this makes a lovely Christmassy statement in the room, and it's definitely not tacky. When Christmas is over, I will replace it in the box without removing all the little flower heads, so it's even easier for next year.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9