Profile for K. Young > Reviews

Content by K. Young

K. Young (Hampshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Nikon Coolpix L30 Digital Camera - Red + Case + 8GB Card + 2xAA Battery + Charger + Tripod (20.1MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD
Offered by Picsio

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good quality photos., 9 Mar. 2015
I was confident that this would be a good little camera, being a Nikon, but the photos are not good quality at all. I'm happy to admit that I'm no David Bailey, but I've had small point-and-shoot cameras before that have been far superior. The photos I take on my phone are better. The case is a nice fit, and seems OK quality. Like another reviewer, I didn't receive the tripod, so I contacted the seller and they sent it on - it's complete rubbish! If you don't receive the tripod, I really wouldn't worry about it.

Professional Stainless Steel Pedicure Foot File Foot Rasp 18.5cm With Life Time Guarantee
Offered by ultimatesalestore1

2.0 out of 5 stars Very rough indeed - you could take your skin off ..., 9 Mar. 2015
Very rough indeed - you could take your skin off with this! I think it should be considered for use on extremely hard skin or callouses only. I have some hard skin on my heels which I always use a foot file on, but this is much too rough for me.

EASA2BKP Easy Loader Frame A2 Certificate / Photo / Poster Frame in Black with Non Glass Front
Offered by FramesForPhotos

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks very good for the price, 9 Mar. 2015
Bought to make a photo collage for my daughter of all the shows she's been in, and was a huge hit as a present. Looks very good for the price, and isn't at all heavy (important for me, as our walls are not that strong!). Arrived in good condition.

Yankee Candle Large Black Cherry Jar Candle 1129749
Yankee Candle Large Black Cherry Jar Candle 1129749
Offered by Casa Candles

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money., 9 Mar. 2015
Really gorgeous smell! Not sickly at all, just lovely, and spreads a pleasant scent throughout the whole my downstairs. Worth the money.

Hylite HHT210 1000mm Slimline Eco Heater with built in thermostat (120W)
Hylite HHT210 1000mm Slimline Eco Heater with built in thermostat (120W)
Offered by We Sell Electrical UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good to ward off damp in my camper van., 9 Mar. 2015
I'm very pleased with this. I have a camper van which was becoming quite damp through lack of use in the winter. The moisture trap I had was completely useless. I didn't particularly require heat, but decided to give this a go to see if it would improve the damp problem, and it has. I've kept it on about 3/4 full heat, so although I can't work out how much it's costing, I hope it isn't much. It gets fairly hot to the touch, but not so that I could really hurt myself if I were to accidentally put my hand on it, so I didn't bother with the guard that you can buy to go over it. It's very neat to look at. Hopefully, if I ever have to sleep in the camper in cold weather, it'll take the chill off a bit, too!

BIG EXTRA LARGE BROWN AND BLACK BARRIER MAT RUBBER EDGED HEAVY DUTY NON SLIP KITCHEN ENTRANCE HALL RUNNER RUG MATS 120X180CM (6X4FT)
Offered by AHOC Orders Dispatched Within 24 Hrs

5.0 out of 5 stars a quick vacuuming brings it up very nicely., 9 Mar. 2015
Really impressed with this mat for the price. I have a high-footfall porch and was concerned that my previous rug might cause tripping, due to the corners starting to curl up. I'm sure that won't happen with this rug, due to the heavy, tough edging. I haven't had to wash it yet, but being a darkish colour, with a fleck in it, a quick vacuuming brings it up very nicely.

Cardboard Dispensers For A5 Leaflets, Pack of 10
Cardboard Dispensers For A5 Leaflets, Pack of 10
Offered by JR Distribution Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all., 9 Mar. 2015
I was dubious about buying these, as I've always used the clear perspex dispensers in the past, and was concerned these would look less professional. In fact I think they look all right. The perspex ones are much more stylish, but they cost a lot more and are fairly easy to break. These are less expensive, so I don't mind leaving them in places where I'm unlikely to be able to get them back to reuse.

Vaseline Healthy Hands and UV Protection with SPF 15 Hand Cream - 75 ml
Vaseline Healthy Hands and UV Protection with SPF 15 Hand Cream - 75 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely smell :), 9 Mar. 2015
This is a lovely hand cream, with a pleasant smell. Easily absorbed and has UV protection - which I should have started using years ago, to avoid the freckles that have already appeared on the backs of my hands. Good value, too.

An Early Start in Music
An Early Start in Music
by Eileen Diamond

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, shame about the recording., 9 Mar. 2015
There are 22 songs, although at least two are identical. They are mostly very good and, having bought similar book/CD sets before, this one is good value for money at just under a tenner. Each song is recorded once with vocals (mostly alternating between a female and a male voice, both tuneful), Sadly, the instrumental versions of all the songs have been poorly recorded, so that the beginning of each one plays at the end of the preceding track, and is cut off of the correct track. Hence, you will hear 90% of track 3 (for instance) on track 3, and then 10% of track 4. As it's the instrumental tracks I want to use, this has made the CD almost worthless to me. The recordings are in WMA so I can't correct the publisher's error using Audacity. If anyone reading this knows of an alternative (preferably free!) package that might be able to help, I'd be most grateful to hear from them!

Stagg BJW24DL 5 String Western Banjo
Stagg BJW24DL 5 String Western Banjo

5.0 out of 5 stars and appears very good quality. We tuned it a few times in ..., 22 Sept. 2014
Unlike many other reviewers, we received a banjo with the Stagg label, and it was completely constructed except for putting the bridge in place. This was bought for my 13-year old daughter who also plays guitar and ukulele. The banjo is gorgeous to look at, and appears very good quality. We tuned it a few times in the first couple of hours, which is normal for new stringed instruments, and she quickly picked up a couple of tunes. I'm very impressed with it so far.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7