Profile for boosmummy > Reviews

Content by boosmummy

boosmummy "Wanna" (Yorkshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
A Trail Through Time (The Chronicles of St Mary's Book 4)
A Trail Through Time (The Chronicles of St Mary's Book 4)
Price: 2.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing and well worth the wait, 29 July 2014
Another fantastic book from Jodi Taylor featuring my favourite historian and crew. The previous books have been so well written and the stories so involved that I eagerly awaited book 4 and it didn't disappoint in the slightest. Totally gripping from the start, unexpected in that it's slightly different from the previous books but not in a bad way.

This time our heroine Max is sorting out St Mary's with a few spanners thrown in that she doesn't expect. The action starts from the beginning and continues all way through. The pod is bouncing around time with guys chasing them that Max has never even known about, where is she in the timeline and why is St Mary's the same but not??? I'll now eagerly await book 5 or another novella featuring my favourite time travellers...who needs Dr Who when you have St Mary's???

Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St. Mary's Book 1)
Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St. Mary's Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book, 26 May 2014
From the first chapter I couldn't put this book down to the extent where I finished it at 2am. The story moves fast enough to keep you interested and the characters are well written and I really wanted to know what happened to everyone. Made me think about what period I'd go back in time to just to watch events unfold..realised there are too many. Even if it's not your usual type of book I'd recommend you give it a go.

The Shifu Cloth (The Chronicles of Eirie Book 4)
The Shifu Cloth (The Chronicles of Eirie Book 4)
Price: 2.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 3 Jan 2014
This is book 4 in the Chronicles of Eirie and the final part of the series. I absolutely love this series and am so sad to see it disappear. Over the books I've gotten to know the characters well and the writing just flows so you find yourself really immersed into the story. One of the best series I've ever read in this genre and magical the way it stays with you when the book is finished.

Cloak & Silence (A League Novel Book 6)
Cloak & Silence (A League Novel Book 6)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Winner, 5 Oct 2013
I love Sherrilyn Kenyon books and started with the Dark Hunters but have totally fell in love with her League series. This is a move away from the usual boy meets girl and I totally felt for the characters.

A Thousand Glass Flowers (The Chronicles of Eirie Book 3)
A Thousand Glass Flowers (The Chronicles of Eirie Book 3)
Price: 2.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner, 5 Oct 2013
Two people … an extraordinary young woman and an embittered immortal man. Both seeking life-shattering magick.
In a quest through a world where Others lace their way in and out of the lives of mortals, this is a story of legend, love, and clashing ideals. A story of murder, regret and revenge … a story that journeys across a world too hauntingly like our own.

Found this author from her book The Stumpwork Robe and have fell in love with the characters she portrays. This book is wonderful and I couldn't put it down, looking forward to reading the rest of The Chronicles of Eirie.

Sunlight on My Shadow
Sunlight on My Shadow
Price: 6.67

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 5 Oct 2013
It's not a bad book but from the reviews I did expect more. It did feel like some of the book was written to fill pages rather than to compliment the story.

Antibody
Antibody

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 5 Oct 2013
This review is from: Antibody (Kindle Edition)
What a ridiculous story. I downloaded it first as it was free and second as the storyline sounded interesting. WRONG!! I've never laughed so much at a supposedly serious book. Glad I didn't pay for it!

To Catch an Heiress (Agents of the Crown)
To Catch an Heiress (Agents of the Crown)
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars a favourite, 5 Oct 2013
A wonderful book from one of my favourite authors, she never fails to keep me entertained and I haven't found a hero that I don't like yet.

Plain Jane (A House for the Season)
Plain Jane (A House for the Season)
Price: 4.19

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad, 11 April 2013
Not one of the best ones from this series but worth reading, look forward to seeing other inhabitants of the house.

The Stumpwork Robe (The Chronicles of Eirie Book 1)
The Stumpwork Robe (The Chronicles of Eirie Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 11 April 2013
I seriously loved this book, couldn't put it down. As a stitcher I found the passages describing the robe itself fascinating but I also love old fairy tales and the fae in this book were great. Unusual book but I got into it straight away and really enjoyed the characters.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3