Profile for Graham Cobley > Reviews

Content by Graham Cobley

Graham Cobley "Grumsta" (Hinckley, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Sabrent USB External Stereo Sound Adapter for Windows and Mac. Plug and play No drivers Needed. (AU-MMSA)

4.0 out of 5 stars Generally very good, but mic port has intermittent issues, 31 May 2014
I'm using this on my imac as there's no built-in mic/line in jack.

It's a doddle to install (plug it in!) and it works great with Mumble and my headset. However, I get intermittent issues with the mic where I sound distorted to others, although they sound fine to me. I unplug it, plug it back in and it's fine.

Happy with it for the price, but my quest continues for a 100% reliable USB headset adapter.

7.1 Channel USB External Sound Card Audio Adapter (White with Cable)
7.1 Channel USB External Sound Card Audio Adapter (White with Cable)
Offered by YOUmeSKY
Price: 7.89

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful and faulty, 1 May 2014
Unspeakably poor build quality, jacks have to wiggled to get any connection, and the mic jack was totally dead. Got a refund with no quibble, and they didn't want the unit back. Says it all really. Avoid!

Professional Rapid Zap 30W Ultra Violet Fly Zapper Insect Killer Pest Control
Professional Rapid Zap 30W Ultra Violet Fly Zapper Insect Killer Pest Control
Offered by Direct Sales
Price: 59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this size if you need to kill blue bottles, 3 Aug 2013
We had the smaller version of this, and whilst good (it handled smaller flies and mosquitoes), it didn't zap the bigger blue bottle flies that laid eggs in the cats' food. This unit does that job very well indeed.

24 HOUR DIGITAL IMMERSION HEATER TIMER LG-DIHT
24 HOUR DIGITAL IMMERSION HEATER TIMER LG-DIHT
Offered by MCD Electrical - Established 1993
Price: 16.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Great idea but Battery does not Recharge, 3 Aug 2013
I bought this so that I could have the immersion heater come on around mid-day to heat the water using solar energy. I only wanted to use it when I knew it was going to be bright, and turned it off at the mains when it was gloomy.

It was always on overnight (although not heating the water) but after a few weeks the internal battery died and the settings were lost when I turned it off. Why it doesn't use a rechargeable battery I don't know.

If you are planning to leave this on all the time and just need battery back-up in case of power cut it's fine of course.

FOTL - Mens T-Shirt Super Premium Plain Sky Blue Size Large L
FOTL - Mens T-Shirt Super Premium Plain Sky Blue Size Large L
Offered by TEAM SOUTH WEST Ltd.
Price: 2.85

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice T shirts, but need next size up, 3 Aug 2013
Good value T shirts, but I found that the Large were more like Mediums.

When I next order, I'll go for XL. I ordered 5 in different colours and they're all the same so not a one-off issue.

Crescent City Bounce: From Blues To R&B In New Orleans
Crescent City Bounce: From Blues To R&B In New Orleans
Price: 18.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb music, but poorly put together, 3 Aug 2013
The music is rare, mainly well recorded, and well chosen.

However I don't agree with putting all the tracks by the same artist together in one block, it would be much better if they were spread over the four CDs. This is easily fixed by importing as a single multi-CD album and playing on an iPod or MP3 player.

I have heard one of the vinyl albums from this set originally released in the 80s, and I was disappointed to see that some tracks were missing. A shame, but there's plenty of good substitutes.

6 Classic Albums [Audio CD] Bo Diddley
6 Classic Albums [Audio CD] Bo Diddley
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 8.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, Quality Collection, 3 Aug 2013
Whilst I already had most of the tracks on other compilations, it's great to have the full albums. There are some hidden gems, I especially liked Ride On Josephine which I'd never heard before.

My only disappointment was Signifying Blues which is a cut-down version.

Very good quality remaster, and excellent value.

The session/live stuff is of mixed quality and is for curiosity only.

II
II
Price: 14.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Retro Psychedelic, 3 Aug 2013
This review is from: II (Audio CD)
Enjoyable modern re-interpretation of the acid trance of Can, Amon Duul and Loop.

I'm guessing they all really like Mother Sky! :-)

Parallel Universe
Parallel Universe
Price: 10.78

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth Getting for the Rare Tracks. But....., 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: Parallel Universe (Audio CD)
Collections like this bug the hell out of me. The rare tracks are superb, and well worth having. 5 stars for those.

But why aren't they on a single CD? Why package them with a load of superb classic tracks that anyone who wants the rare stuff will already own? 2 stars for this.

You can't even just download the individual tracks you need, because they work out more expensive than buying the 3CD set.

Sorry, I just don't get the logic. At all.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2014 5:10 PM GMT

Snugg Black Leather iPad Mini & Mini 2 Retina Case with Lifetime Guarantee - Flip Stand Cover with Auto Wake/Sleep, Elastic Hand Strap & Protective Premium Nubuck Fibre Interior for the Apple iPad Mini & Mini Retina
Price: 25.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb case for iPad Mini, 11 April 2013
Nicely padded, good quality (although I doubt it's actually leather) and a good fit. Turns the iPad on when opened, puts it in standby when it's closed. Very useful. It makes the iPad Mini a little bulkier but it's still comfortable to hold.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5