Profile for Sandra Lock > Reviews

Content by Sandra Lock

Sandra Lock "sand625" (Liverpool)

Page: 1 | 2
Womens Long Jersey Racer Back Plus Size Maxi Dress - Black - 26
Womens Long Jersey Racer Back Plus Size Maxi Dress - Black - 26
Offered by WHOOSH Clothing
Price: 8.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and soft, 17 Sep 2013
As other reviewers have stated - order a size bigger than usual, as although its stretchy it does cling to every bit of you.
Its lovely and soft and comfortable and is great as a base piece for layering.
First one didn't arrive but seller immediately sent out a replacement when I contacted them. Am just about to order two more in different colours.

Canon PIXMA MP560 Wi-Fi Ready Premium All-In-One Photo Printer
Canon PIXMA MP560 Wi-Fi Ready Premium All-In-One Photo Printer

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked for 2 and a half years, 25 April 2013
Then suddenly showed an error message that no matter what i did wouldn't go away. Googled how to reset it - non of the fixes worked. Wrote to canon to explain, and asking how to reset - they said its a hardware failure and send it to be fixed. Which would of course not be cost effective...
My previous printer was an ancient HP all in one that was still working when I bought this Canon one in 2010. I gave the HP to a friend - and it's still working.

I suspect that its because of the way the Canon delivers the ink. You need to use them regularly to avoid having problems - if its unused for a week, print a full colour image to prevent there being a problem with the printer head etc.
Whilst working, i was happy with it. It was easy to set up and the PC etc was always able to 'find' it etc. just a shame it didn't last...

Bee Health Propolis Cream 60ml
Bee Health Propolis Cream 60ml
Price: 5.12

2.0 out of 5 stars Parabens :(, 30 Jan 2013
The ingredients list for this item is, I assume, for their capsules rather than the cream. I ordered it based on the reviews in the hope that it would have,
More propolis than the SBC gel
Fewer chemical ingredients than the SBC gel
The propolis content is higher up the ingredients list BUT there are two parabens :(
Full list is-
Aqua, petrolatum, liquid paraffin, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, propolis mpg extract, glycerin, cetearyl alcohol, polysorbate 60, PEG-150, stearate steareth20, cera alba, octyl palmate, polysorbate 20, phenoxyethanol, methyl paraben, propyl paraben, bronopol.
So, if you're getting this for a sensitive skin condition...maybe look for something else. If well enough, I'll be sending this back :(

Monogram by Beurer Heated Throw
Monogram by Beurer Heated Throw

3.0 out of 5 stars OK..., 13 July 2010
I have a chocolate coloured Dreamland heated fleece throw, which I love, but wanted a lighter colour so bought this. It does the job but it's not the same quality as the branded ones. No timer although there is temperature control and the finish of the fabric isn't as good as it could. When I was looking to buy another as a gift I bought the Dreamland chocolate one from John Lewis. This is ok, but wouldn't buy another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 July 2010
Does the job perfectly, I plug it into our surge protector extension and charge my iPhone 3GS with it. No problems at all.

Moleskine Pocket Watercolour Notebook
Moleskine Pocket Watercolour Notebook
Offered by BOOKS etc
Price: 2.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 July 2010
Slightly smaller than I was expecting, but excellent quality. Lovely paper that will provide a nice texture for pastels and water soluble media as well as water colours. My first moleskine and I doubt very much that it will be my last. As another reviewer has already mentioned it can be laid flat due to the sewn binding BUT it opens on the narrow edge not the long one so this will be a much more useful feature of the larger notebooks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Foot rest, 13 July 2010
I actually purchased this to go on top of our stressless footstool. I have fibromyalgia and although padded the footstool still isn't soft enough so is painful. A regular cushion makes it too high but this is perfect as it moulds to the shape of my legs and feet. Good quality, easily removable cover which is soft and unobtrusive. Does its job well. Much better quality than some other wedge cushions I've tried.

Ventura Hugme Body Tubes Cushion, Black
Ventura Hugme Body Tubes Cushion, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this..., 13 July 2010
Prompt delivery, well packaged. Very comfortable. I have fibromyalgia so need to sleep (and sit) with a variety of cushions & cushties, a regular pillow or body pillow are just too heavy and cumbersome. This is perfect. The only way they could improve it would be for the whole thing to be 'suede' rather than just half and to offer it in a variety of colours.
Great product, I just ordered another :)

soft heated
soft heated

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 9 Dec 2009
This review is from: soft heated
Bought this from Lakeland, and I'm very glad that I did. It's wonderfully cosy.
You can't use heated under blankets with memory foam, plus I have Fibromyalgia and my 'thermostat' doesn't work well, so I can go from hot to cold several times during the night. This is great because it can be pulled over or pushed off easily as needed. And the controls allow for a wide range of heat settings to choose from.
We have a caravan and it's great for quickly and easily airing/warming the bed when we arrive.
It's also wonderful to snuggle up under in front of the TV with. Soft and light and warming without the heat turned on and great for easing away aches and pains without feeling weighed down by something.
Fully recommended.
I've had this for well over a year now and not had any problems with the controls. Maybe the other reviewer had a faulty throw?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2011 2:17 PM GMT

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 9 Dec 2009
I haven't yet used any of the recipes, I'll update my review when I have.
But what I can say to begin with is that this book is obviously a labour of love.
It's beautifully presented with wonderful photographs and illustrations that give a real sense of place.
I also know (because the illustrator is a friend) that Prannie cares passionately about this subject and that the book is a culmination of _many_ years of research and experience.
How I wish my GP had an interest in nutritional medicine...
The recipes are varied and appear easy to follow- watch this space and I'll add to this review soon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2010 10:58 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2