Profile for Lou > Reviews

Content by Lou

Lou

The Sims 3: Generations (PC/Mac DVD)
The Sims 3: Generations (PC/Mac DVD)
Offered by EUROGAMES
Price: 13.99

3.0 out of 5 stars "Stuffpansion", 3 Jun 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Pros
I love the new day care feature. A new job is always fun to explore and it's quite different to things they've given us before.
The new items are fabulous. I for one have wanted bunk beds and strollers forever! It's a really fun feature that I think enhanced the game and how good you can make kids rooms look. The slip n slide and tree house are cute too. There are a lot of new objects in this game and whilst they might not all be very useful or exciting, it gives you a lot more options in terms of decoration and making really cute themed kids rooms.
The new hair and clothes we do have are quite cool. Not just a rehash of styles we already had (*ahem* Late Night..)
Quite a few really nice new houses.
The memory feature is back which is good fun, if slightly pointless, adds a little bit extra to the game and I actually missed it before.
New traits 'Nurturing' and 'Rebellious'.

Cons
No new neighbourhood. I love having a new neighbourhood! It's probably the most excited thing in an expansion pack so it definitely feels like 'Generations' just isn't a proper expansion without a new neighbourhood. With all the new features they could have done something really cool. I think a sort of family oriented village type neighbourhood with smaller rabbit hole buildings and lots of playgrounds would have been nice but never mind!
Not many objects that aren't child related. There is no kitchen stuff apart from an oven, some small appliances and a fridge as far as I can see.
I personally would've liked more traits and a new rabbit hole to add something extra to the game.

Overall, I don't honestly see the point in this "expansion pack". It doesn't dramatically alter gameplay in the way that the others have done. I don't agree with people who say that it should be a stuff pack because it does add slightly more than a generic stuff pack. A little more time and development and this could have been really fantastic but as it stands it's more of a strange hybrid "stuffpansion pack".
If you're an avid Sims fan and are happy to overlook this in favour of a few new items and features then it's a good purchase but if you're looking for something on a par with 'World Adventures' or 'Ambitions' then this might not be the one for you.