Profile for Wilbur's Ferret > Reviews

Content by Wilbur's Ferret

Wilbur's Ferret (West Midlands)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
256x FREEZER GRADE Self Adhesive Stickers. "Contents: Date of freezing:" For Use With Any Standard Pen or Biro. Free First Class UK Delivery.

4.0 out of 5 stars 'Just the ticket', 10 April 2016
Neat and tidy little labels for the freezer. They adhere well, not had any come adrift in the deep-freeze. A little bit bigger would be ideal - not a lot of room to write portion sizes.

Ireland (DK Eyewitness Travel Guides)
Ireland (DK Eyewitness Travel Guides)
by Lisa Gerard-Sharp
Edition: Flexibound

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative., 17 Aug. 2015
We took two travel guides and a collection of Foster and Allen CD's and I think all were beneficial to the trip.This book is divided up into geographical areas and for each area there are lists of places to go and how to get there - in Ireland not always as obvious as it seems. There is information about history, where and what to eat, maps and there is even advice on how to use public phones (does anyone use them anymore?) and levels of tipping. Unless you carry a book the size of the Encyclopaedia Britannica you can't hope to know everything about a holiday destination, but this is a slim volume and is as good a start as any.

Ford Ka Service and Repair Manual: 2003 to 2008 (Service & repair manuals)
Ford Ka Service and Repair Manual: 2003 to 2008 (Service & repair manuals)
by Mark Storey

5.0 out of 5 stars They have been known to save a motorist a fortune., 17 Aug. 2015
Typical Haynes offering, good for basic servicing and some rather more complex tasks, we've had a series over the years and mostly found them to be satisfactory. I only kept the vehicle for three years and so never found out if it came up to expectations if we'd had to do something major.

Sandisk 1Gb Secure Digital card
Sandisk 1Gb Secure Digital card

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 17 Aug. 2015
Lots of memory to put extra photos on the digital photo-frame given to us as an anniversary present.

Sony NPBG1.CE Rechargeable Battery For Most N / T & W Series Cybershot Digital Camera
Offered by TechShoper

4.0 out of 5 stars The extra power needed......., 17 Aug. 2015
There's no way that one camera battery is enough - they always run out at a crucial time. This one lived up to expectations, held its charge well and although not cheap meant that I never again missed that important shot

Berlitz Travel Guide to the Rhine Valley (Berlitz Travel Guides)
Berlitz Travel Guide to the Rhine Valley (Berlitz Travel Guides)
by Inc. Berlitz International

4.0 out of 5 stars More castles than you can shake a stick at., 17 Aug. 2015
A useful and basically well-written book which made our trip to the Rhine very interesting. The list of places to see covers a wide variety of interests, unfortunately it didn't mention that on one misbegotten day ( an annual event we were told when it was too late) the road along the Rhine is closed to all traffic except walkers and cyclists. No fun if you're a tourist - a whole day wasted because you can't go anywhere..

Motorcycle Roadcraft: The Police Rider's Handbook to Better Motorcycling
Motorcycle Roadcraft: The Police Rider's Handbook to Better Motorcycling
by Philip Coyne

4.0 out of 5 stars 'Copper' bottomed common sense., 17 Aug. 2015
There's a saying in our house to describe 'defensive driving', it's known as 'Biker's Eye' and this book more or less puts common sense into the written word. I don't think it told us all that much that we (as crumbly parents with thousands of miles of driving behind us) didn't know, but when junior wanted to ride he was young enough to believe that police motorcycle cops were the elite, and this book reinforced what Dad taught him. Buy the crash-helmet and the Kevlar, but buy this book too, it may tell you something you don't know.

The Best Of
The Best Of

4.0 out of 5 stars He's called 'The Storyteller,' too right., 17 Aug. 2015
This review is from: The Best Of (Audio CD)
I've had a soft spot for Tom T Hall, ever since I first heard Watermelon Wine, back in the days when BBC Radio 2 played proper music. For that track alone I bought the disc and although I can't say I'm ecstatic about all of the tracks, there are enough good ones to outweigh the naff ones. C&W is seen as a bit of a joke by some - I had a boss who nearly fell from his chair when I said I liked country and western, but he played jazz, so what did he know? This album, like much C&W, is full of songs which tell a story, with a beginning, a middle and an end, some even have a moral tale in the lyric.

World War II Film Themes
World War II Film Themes
Offered by FREETIME

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely the top, 17 Aug. 2015
All the signature tunes from my favourite war movies, when the music was as memorable as the films they represented. The recording is by some of the best musicians in the country (back in 1986), when one could still go to The Royal Tournament and hear the musicians play live.

Spirit Of The Glen Journey
Spirit Of The Glen Journey

2.0 out of 5 stars Top of the flops, for me., 17 Aug. 2015
Sadly this was a disc that virtually went straight to a charity shop, I really couldn't say exactly why I didn't like it, although I didn't think the recording quality was up to much, perhaps I just expected better.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8