Profile for Ms. C. Bryce > Reviews

Content by Ms. C. Bryce

Ms. C. Bryce "marineBlu" (UK)

Wacom Cintiq 22 HD
Wacom Cintiq 22 HD
Price: £1,440.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fabulous, 1 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Wacom Cintiq 22 HD (Accessory)
I like a couple of other folks reviewing this did a lot of research between the 22HD (which does have some advantages over the 24 apart from price) and the 24HD but the price difference for an extra couple of inches and the enormous footprint and weight of the 24, I decided on the 22 and it's an awesome piece of kit I have used Wacom tablets as long as I can remember including all the Intuos series and this is my second Cintiq and they just can't be beaten yes they are expensive but in my opinion they are worth every penny.

Marvel's Iron Man 3: The Art of the Movie Slipcase
Marvel's Iron Man 3: The Art of the Movie Slipcase
by Marie Javins

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Book!, 6 Jun. 2013
This is easily one of the best 'Art of' books I own it's presented in a slip case and the quality of the book is excellent beautifully presented with some truly stunning artwork a real gem.

Northanger Abbey [DVD]
Northanger Abbey [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Firth
Offered by WorldCinema

5.0 out of 5 stars Are people watching the same DVD as I am, 11 April 2009
This review is from: Northanger Abbey [DVD] (DVD)
I personally cannot see what all the criticism is about this DVD, perhaps it comes from all the Austen purists/Andrew Davies fans (although I still prefer his version of Pride and Predjudice over any other) , I first saw this in 1986 when it was made and thoroughly enjoyed it and seeing it again all these years later still enjoyed it as much, the costumes are beautiful, the sets and Bath itself are magnificent and I think the acting is first class amongst all the lead character's especially Robert Hardy and Googie Withers. It is very much of it's time before the re-interpretation of Austen by such writer's as Andrew Davie's who perhaps bring a more 'modern' slant to Jane's writings that some people prefer, but the dialogue is first class and I think it certainly capture's the spirit of Katherine and her sometimes confusion between the real world and that of Mrs Radcliffe!

I also do not agree about the music I think the music is perfect it has a mix of the traditional for example in the dancing etc and then goes to the more 'ethereal' during the dream sequences and Katherine's imagining of what might be....

Please do not discount this version it is well worth a view and probably influenced a lot of the modern versions of Austen that people might care to admit.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoist The Colours!, 22 May 2007
Having already the soundtracks from the previous two films, I have to say this one is definately in my opinion the best. you can just hear from the music when to laugh, cry, or even hide behind the cinema seat... there are some hauntingly beautiful pieces and stirring themes to get you picking up your Cutlass and joining the Crew!

Now where's that Monkey, I want to shoot something....

A fitting end to the trilogy.

Egypt : Rediscovering A Lost World (3 Disc Box Set) [DVD] [2005]
Egypt : Rediscovering A Lost World (3 Disc Box Set) [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Andrew Sachs

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 11 Feb. 2006
Just before this DVD was finished on the telly, I emailed the BBC direct asking if it would be available to buy, the reply from them was that it wouldn't, be so imagine my delight when I came across it, obviously they must have changed their minds, WELL DONE BBC! for me this series really captured each of the subjects it was obviously very well researched, and all the actors did wonderful jobs re creating each of their subjects, I particularly loved the Howard Carter episodes, I have a couple of biographies of him and I felt the actor who played him really 'got inside his skin' and understood the complexities of the man, this is a wonderful DVD and with the added bonus of the 'Pyramid' dvd as well it is excellent value!