Profile for Kimmie J > Reviews

Content by Kimmie J

Kimmie J (Leicester, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Kaytee/Superpet Cage Wheel with Silent Spinner, for Small Animal, 6.5'' (Various Colours)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best wheel yet., 1 Sep 2014
Was a little unsure about 6.5 inch size as I have a Roborovski hamster, but after a week or so of him (tragically/comically in equal measure) flipping out of it and getting stuck spinning round in it, he's ditched his Flying Saucer in favour of this. Thankfully it's far, far quieter. Nothing's silent, but this is the closest you're likely to come.

It's made well, stands well in his Ferplast Mini Duna cage, doesn't need oiling and comes apart well for cleaning. You just unscrew the little yellow thing in the centre.

Only downside is that it gets coated in hamster debris very easily, after a week of use it's quite disgusting with wee and sand.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 12, 2014 6:28 PM BST

New Balance Women's WW1100WT White/Blue Trainer WW1100WT 8 UK, 41.5 EU, 10 US
New Balance Women's WW1100WT White/Blue Trainer WW1100WT 8 UK, 41.5 EU, 10 US
Offered by Jarrolds Department Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for arthritic Grandmother, 1 Sep 2014
Bought on a whim for my Gran as her previous Skechers Shape-Ups were the chunky kind and made her feel "even wobblier than normal even though they're so comfy".
She was thrilled to bits with the design and the colour, and the look of bliss on her face and she put them on and tried them out is worth these shoes' weight in gold.
Declared "most comfy shoes I've ever worn" by my 84 year old Gran, so certainly comfortable and suitable for the elderly. I'm considering a pair myself, actually.

Supreme Petfoods Science Bathing Sand 1.5 Litre
Supreme Petfoods Science Bathing Sand 1.5 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic., 1 Sep 2014
Brilliant sand, my Robo hamster adores new sand day every week. Price is great, packaging is smart... wouldn't buy any other.

Happy Pet Jogging Ball Glitter, Small, Assorted
Happy Pet Jogging Ball Glitter, Small, Assorted

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money..., 1 Sep 2014
Good points:
~ Ball Size - it's perfect for my little roborovski hamster.
~Transparency - it's nice and clear despite the glitter. It's so hard to find a transparent hamster ball in dwarf size in the UK.
~ Doors - They click into place really securely, so there's little danger of hammie escapes! Plus, they have small holes in them enabling you to attach it to a stand, if you have one.

Bad points:
~ Vent Size. The vents are twice as thick as my other hamster balls, and this caused me so much concern I was continually checking his feet for injuries. However, he's fine and he does love the ball. Still though, it means hamster poo and random cheek expulsions no longer travel with him - rather, all over my floor.
~ Initial construction. Good heavens, it's a pain in the bum to click the two halves together. I mean, REALLY.

Would I buy it again? Yes, at the £3 or so it cost me. Better ones can be found on eBay with slimmer vents, but it'll cost you almost three times the price, and a delivery wait from Asia. I got both.

My Little Friend Cage Disinfectant, 500 ml
My Little Friend Cage Disinfectant, 500 ml
Offered by Mighty Oak Trading

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, powerful smell., 1 Sep 2014
Smell is rather strong, but it's not unpleasant. Does a good job of cleaning my hamster's cage and his toys.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 1 Sep 2014
Makes lovely little tiny chocolate bars. Easy to wash, ideal for making chocolates as gifts... Love it so much I'm ordering a couple more soon.

Forward Foods 40g Detour Neopolitan Bars - Pack of 9 Bars
Forward Foods 40g Detour Neopolitan Bars - Pack of 9 Bars

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, 23 Jun 2014
Wafer is soggy and it tastes bitter and alcoholic. Not like strawberry and vanilla at all. Bleurgh. I'll stick to Promax bars or I'll have a Supreme Protein or Oh yeah! bar if I want a candy bar experience.

ISS Oh Yeah Good Grab Bar 45g Bars Choc Caramel Candies - Pack of 12
ISS Oh Yeah Good Grab Bar 45g Bars Choc Caramel Candies - Pack of 12
Offered by Beast Industries

5.0 out of 5 stars Maybe not the healthiest protein bar..., 17 Mar 2014
But an amazing snack. It's the enjoyment of a chocolate bar with much less sugar and 14g protein to boot. I absolutely adore these and recommend them highly as a treat.

Fudge Kitchen Gourmet Fudge Miniature Taster Selection (Pack of 1, Total 9 Flavours)

1.0 out of 5 stars Crumbly and stale tasting, 17 Mar 2014
Not what I expected at all. Instead of creamy, soft fudge, I got crumbly, hard fudge. Not amused. Certainly not worth the money.

Living World Exercise Ball, Small, 12 cm
Living World Exercise Ball, Small, 12 cm

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine for a couple of weeks..., 17 Mar 2014
My little Roborovski managed to bust his way out after that time - I had assumed it was his constant barrage against the metal siding in the kitchen had loosened the door and that it was a one-off. However, today, in his soft run in the living room he suddenly went quiet; somehow he'd managed to escape again and the next forty minutes was spent trying to capture him. The poor thing's traumatised now. I don't know if mine was faulty or something, but I did check continually upon putting the door on for the click that signals it's secure, and had clicked both times it later fell open.
It's a shame, because now we have to go back to the coloured ball.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4