Profile for Scribes > Reviews

Scribes

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter
Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Good item but pricey albeit cheaper than direct from Apple - Why?, 26 Mar 2014
Good quality connector and it was despatched quickly along with a Neet 400 to 800 Firewire adapter.

Until I purchased an iMac I had connected my elderly but excellent camcorder to my Windows PC using the Firewire 400 connector on the supplied lead. I hadn't even realised that there were two variants of Firewire, i.e. the 400 and 800 which are very different in design.

The adapter connected firmly and easily to the Neet 400/800 adapter and in turn to my 400 male connector on my camcorder lead and worked perfectly first time. Nearly £27 between them to connect a cable to a computer is a bit steep but cheaper than buying a new camcorder and throwing all my old tapes away.

FireWire 400 to 800 Adapter by Neet® - 6 pin (female) port to 9 pin (male) FW 800 Connector ** WHITE ** Ultra Compact **
Offered by Neet Cables

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a 'Neet' Firewide adapter solution, 26 Mar 2014
Good quality connector and it was despatched quickly along with an Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire 800 connector.

The adapter connected firmly and easily to both my 400 male connector on my camcorder lead and into the Apple Thunderbolt/Firewire 800 adapter and worked perfectly first time. Nearly £27 between them to connect a cable to a computer is a bit steep but cheaper than buying a new camcorder and throwing all my old tapes away.

KINGFISHER STEEL GARDEN OBELISK GARDEN OUTDOOR ROSE PLANT FRAME 1.9 METRES
KINGFISHER STEEL GARDEN OBELISK GARDEN OUTDOOR ROSE PLANT FRAME 1.9 METRES
Offered by Shamz

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money....., 31 Jan 2014
...... although you do get what you pay for. The metal tube sections are light weight and I don't expect this to last too many seasons before rust sets in. Time will tell. A bit filddly to put together but only took 10 minutes on my own. If you want an obelisk to last forever, you will probably need to pay a lot more. As it is this is a cheaper option and should give good service for the price paid.

Nimbus Goose Feather and Down King Duvet All Seasons 10.5+4.5 Tog, White
Nimbus Goose Feather and Down King Duvet All Seasons 10.5+4.5 Tog, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value duvet, 31 Jan 2014
This duvet lives up to all the other positive recommendations. We have found that the thicker of the two sections is all we need an it is really warm and comfortable. If you live in an igloo, you may need to use the thinner section as well during the winter months. As it is, we will use the 4.5 TOG section for cool summer use. Ours appears to be very well made with no feather escape and we are delighted with it.

Nimbus Goose Feather Pillow
Nimbus Goose Feather Pillow

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 8 Jan 2014
Having read the previous reviews I decided that this duvet was worth buying. I was not disappointed and have enjoyed really comfortable nights sleep ever since the new duvet arrived. Delivery was free and the item arrived in three days following my order. Excellent service and great value for money. If you want a luxurious duvet, look no further.

USB Audio Cassette Tape Converter to MP3 CD Player PC
USB Audio Cassette Tape Converter to MP3 CD Player PC
Offered by Shared Dream Electronics

4.0 out of 5 stars An effective method of transferring audio tapes to MP3, 30 Dec 2013
This works well although you must expect to spend some time using the editing software.

This is not a 'pop it in and let it get on with it' piece of kit although with patience it does produce good end results.

Nikwax Care Kit For Combination Footwear Footwear Cleaning/Proofing
Nikwax Care Kit For Combination Footwear Footwear Cleaning/Proofing
Offered by ALL OUTDOOR LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars A good cleaning kit, 30 Dec 2013
This product works well and renews dirty walking shoes to pristine condition. It would get five stars but for the fact that after a couple of uses, the course sponge applicator on the cleaning fluid bottle came adrift resulting in an alternative sponge having to be used to complete the clean.

Jackspeak. The Pusser's Rum Guide to Royal Navy Slanguage
Jackspeak. The Pusser's Rum Guide to Royal Navy Slanguage
by Rick Jolly

5.0 out of 5 stars All members and ex members of the Royal Navy and Royal Marines should have a copy, 30 Dec 2013
This book reflects the service humour and comraderie in the Senior service and makes good relaxing reading for anyone interested in service life. The illustrations by Jack are also as ever, highly amusing if the reader understands the source of the humour. Highly recommended.

Three Mobile Broadband Ready to Go 3GB Preloaded Data Standard SIM for 3G Tablets

3.0 out of 5 stars Not such good value as they used to be on Amazon, 30 Dec 2013
This was purchased as a spare. I always purchase a new data card when I install the current spare. The '3' data cards have been available at an excellent price on Amazon but are now becoming far less value for money as the price has started to rocket.

As ever, easy to install and use but I am considering seeking an alternative method of using mobile data.

Snug Single Contour Memory Foam Pillow plus COOLMAX zipped washable cover FREE FAST UK mainland Scottish islands N Ireland Delivery 1 year UK manufacturers warranty
Offered by SNUG MATTRESS

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value replacemnet for an existing memory foam pillow, 30 Dec 2013
I have used a similar product for years. After five or six years, the previous pillow started to show its age and I have recently been waking with a neck ache so it was time for a replacement. This new pillow is proving to be a very good value replacement.at an excellent price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3