Profile for Scribes > Reviews

MILENCO Aero Mirror Head Convex
MILENCO Aero Mirror Head Convex
Offered by Peak Outdoors

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent replacement mirror head, 11 Dec 2014
I was unsure about replacing a flat mirror with a convex one when mine was damaged recently. However, I fitted it to the nearside mirror head and found that although the view is slightly distorted, it gives much better wide angle vision than the original and therefore doesn't need to be positioned quite as accurately to cover the required rear view area.

Hozelock Ecocel 2500 Pond Filter
Hozelock Ecocel 2500 Pond Filter
Offered by AQUA KOI

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well in a small pond., 26 Aug 2014
Works well in my small pond and easier to clean than my previous pressurised filters. Needs to be mounted high enough to allow water to be gravity fed back to the pond unlike my previous filter which could be buried in the ground to the lid level. Only problem was the lack of sturdy packaging which was not the manufacturers fault. This allowed the lid to be damaged in transit. Seller organised a replacement direct from Hozelock and filter is now up and running..

Gardena Twin-Tap Connector
Gardena Twin-Tap Connector

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems a better design than my previous one which lasted over eight years, 14 Aug 2014
Purchased along with a Gardena watering set to replace an eight year old item of a similar design which finally started to leak. This looks to be a better build quality than the previous twin tap connector so I hope it lasts at least as long.

UtechSmart Premium USB 3.0 4-Port Aluminum Hub with Built-in 10 inch USB 3.0 Cable for iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and Mac Mini
Offered by UtechSmart UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Matches in well with other Apple Mac products, 14 Aug 2014
Matches my iMac and looks the part although quality is not quite as good as Apple products, it does the job very well. Only a short lead (about 10") which no doubt some will moan about but it is enough to reach the working surface of the desk which my iMac stands on so all good for me.

Gardena Starter Set with C 14e Water Computer
Gardena Starter Set with C 14e Water Computer

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased to replace an elderly set of the same kind., 14 Aug 2014
Bought this to replace an identical kit purchased probably eight years ago. Timer and reduction valve finally started to leak and despite changing the O rings etc could not cure. I purchased this as the price of the set is cheaper than the individual items and you get a whole load of new pipes and drip feeders so system now up and running again for hopefully another eight years.. I do dismantle during the winter months to avoid frost damage.

WD My Passport 1TB USB 3.0 High Capacity Portable Hard Drive for Mac - Silver
WD My Passport 1TB USB 3.0 High Capacity Portable Hard Drive for Mac - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Used as Time Machine backup on Apple iMac, 1 Aug 2014
Purchased to use as Time Machine backup on my Apple iMac running OSX 10.9.4. I was a bit worried about installing it as I have never installed a backup drive before. I had read lots of other feedback which went on about partitioning and getting guidance from the manufacturers website etc so I tried to read all that before plugging the drive into a spare USB 3 on my Mac. As it was, the iMac simply detected and guided me through the installation steps. After adding an encryption password, the drive just got on with it and has been happily backing up every hour for the last couple of weeks. Unless something changes, I would highly recommend this HDD which incidentally was recommended to me by the Apple Support line.

Hozelock Pond Air Pump 320: 1800
Hozelock Pond Air Pump 320: 1800
Offered by Kettering Koi & Ponds Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Saw one of these in action at a friends house ..., 1 Aug 2014
Saw one of these in action at a friends house and though I'd give it a try during the hot spell as I felt it would help the fish in my pond.

Does what it says on the tin but does churn up a lot of muck from the bottom of the pond which I hope will in due course clear away with my new filter.

Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter
Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Good item but pricey albeit cheaper than direct from Apple - Why?, 26 Mar 2014
Good quality connector and it was despatched quickly along with a Neet 400 to 800 Firewire adapter.

Until I purchased an iMac I had connected my elderly but excellent camcorder to my Windows PC using the Firewire 400 connector on the supplied lead. I hadn't even realised that there were two variants of Firewire, i.e. the 400 and 800 which are very different in design.

The adapter connected firmly and easily to the Neet 400/800 adapter and in turn to my 400 male connector on my camcorder lead and worked perfectly first time. Nearly £27 between them to connect a cable to a computer is a bit steep but cheaper than buying a new camcorder and throwing all my old tapes away.

FireWire 400 to 800 Adapter by Neet® - 6 pin (female) port to 9 pin (male) FW 800 Connector ** WHITE ** Ultra Compact **
Offered by Neet Cables

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a 'Neet' Firewide adapter solution, 26 Mar 2014
Good quality connector and it was despatched quickly along with an Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire 800 connector.

The adapter connected firmly and easily to both my 400 male connector on my camcorder lead and into the Apple Thunderbolt/Firewire 800 adapter and worked perfectly first time. Nearly £27 between them to connect a cable to a computer is a bit steep but cheaper than buying a new camcorder and throwing all my old tapes away.

KINGFISHER STEEL GARDEN OBELISK GARDEN OUTDOOR ROSE PLANT FRAME 1.9 METRES
KINGFISHER STEEL GARDEN OBELISK GARDEN OUTDOOR ROSE PLANT FRAME 1.9 METRES
Offered by Vinsani (UK Seller)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money....., 31 Jan 2014
...... although you do get what you pay for. The metal tube sections are light weight and I don't expect this to last too many seasons before rust sets in. Time will tell. A bit filddly to put together but only took 10 minutes on my own. If you want an obelisk to last forever, you will probably need to pay a lot more. As it is this is a cheaper option and should give good service for the price paid.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4