Profile for M. Sparks > Reviews

M. Sparks

Buddah and the Chocolate Box
Buddah and the Chocolate Box

4.0 out of 5 stars Standing the test of time, 1 Mar. 2010
Bought this on cassette when it was first released and thought it was the most innovative of Cat Steven's albums (though probably not my favourite). With the cassette long gone and not having heard it for a couple of decades, thought i'd give it another go and found I like it even more than ever. It still sounds unique and contemporary and has stood up well to the passage of time.

Collected Broadcasts Of Idi Amin
Collected Broadcasts Of Idi Amin

3.0 out of 5 stars In praise of the written word, 1 Mar. 2010
I bought this cd because I am old enough to remember reading them in Punch magazine when they were first published and thought they were hilarious. Whilst still immensely enjoyable, it is noticeable how this audio version loses much of the humour that Corens writing portrayed.

Here We Stand
Here We Stand
Offered by 247dvd

3.0 out of 5 stars What happened?, 20 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Here We Stand (Audio CD)
The tunes are still there but what happened to the supercharged raw energy that drove the songs on Costello Music to such great heights? Disappointing to say the least. Half a dozen listens and I'm bored with it already.