Profile for gunnerbegreat > Reviews

Content by gunnerbegreat

gunnerbegreat

Page: 1 | 2
Fight Night Champion (Xbox 360)
Fight Night Champion (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn to box, 12 Mar. 2013
This game is not an arcade slap the buttons and it all goes well kinda game. The developers have made it such that you have to REALLY pretend you are a boxer. You must respect your opponents at all times and pace yourself. Many reviews I read on this game said it was next to impossible under certain conditions - like if you have to fight with 50% stamina or if you are playing on the top difficulty rating. I will say this. It took me a while to get used to the controls (it's very much a 2-handed finger and thumb operation) and it took me a while to forget what I THOUGHT I knew about boxing and give the game a chance. When I did eventually find humility after a few beatings and think more about strategy, I was rewarded more than I ever thought possible by this game. I could beat any opponent, even going up a class in weight, with 50% stamina after a while.

What else? Awesome soundtrack, reasonable choice of boxers.

Downsides? The career/legacy modes gets a bit repetitive in that you must train twice and rest before every fight to improve your boxer's stats and XP. This is fine while you are learning the game but when you become a master it would be nice to be able to skip training without your boxer's stats degrading like crazy. Also, like I said this game is about strategy and perfecting technique. It is much easier to use "boxers" like outside fighters and counter-punchers than say the short-ass Mike Tyson. I would recommend choosing Mohammed Ali, Sugar Ray Robinson (who is the daddy), Lennox Lewis or even David Haye before going for a squat power-puncher.

Overall if you ignore some of the minor flaws this is a HIGHLY enjoyable game for any boxing fan. Both challenging and rewarding and I gave it 5 stars because of how awesome it is when you get to grips with the controls and strategy. Be warned though you are in for some frustration until you reach a decent level, especially if you have never played Fight Night before.

Banksy Sorry The Lifestyle You Ordered - Hoodie - Burnt Orange Medium (40"
Banksy Sorry The Lifestyle You Ordered - Hoodie - Burnt Orange Medium (40"
Offered by Big Mouth Clothing Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent hoodie, 12 Mar. 2013
The colour when it arrived was slightly brighter than in the picture. Relatively fast delivery, material and feel is fine, although I will be honest and say I've never worn it outside the house......

Lonsdale Union Jack 2 Pack Trunks Mens White/Navy/Red Large
Lonsdale Union Jack 2 Pack Trunks Mens White/Navy/Red Large

4.0 out of 5 stars OK boxer shorts, 12 Mar. 2013
These are fine but I recommend getting maybe one size larger than you thought - they tend to be a bit clingy after a few washes. Still at this price they are practically being given away so, why not?

Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360)
Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Rush Gaming

5.0 out of 5 stars A serious contender for best game EVER, 11 Mar. 2013
OK so I have high standards for games. The last games I liked were the Gears of War and Assassin's Creed series. I didn't think games got better than Gears, but Borderlands is forcing me to re-assess.

So much is good about it. First you can choose different characters each of which seem to be a different game in themselves. I chose the Assassin and had much fun with long-range sniper-rifle headshots, using my hologram to stalk enemies and blast them with a shotgun at close-range, using rocket launchers to get second winds, and of course the usual grenades, SMGs and assault rifles. Only the assault rifle let me down but I am told these weapons are more effective with different characters.

The thing I liked most is that you can set your own difficulty. If you accept missions (which come in a GTA-style go and talk to someone then kill stuff) which are 5 or more levels above your current skill level, they can be excruciatingly difficult. I like this. I loved Gears on solo play on insane difficulty. There are certain enemies that will require you to use every last drop of ammo combined with perfect strategy to defeat them (such as the gluttonous thresher). If you want to make things easier for yourself, you can choose to do more optional missions throughout the story-mode which increases your skill level along with availability and damage of weapons. The weapons themselves are great. You got shotguns, pistols, SMGs, assault rifles, sniper rifles, rocket launchers, grenades and melee attacks. Also each weapon can come with an elemental variation - e.g. electrified shotgun, incendiary sniper rifle, slagged pistol, corrosive SMG (good for robots).

Borderlands 2 is also a loooong game as basically you have to complete it twice to complete it. First you do it on the easier ordinary mode (up to about skill level 20-25) then you do it on "True Vault Hunter Mode" (up to skill level 50). The story doesn't change but the enemies are all different on TVHM so the gameplay isn't monotonous.

All in all a fantastic game and great value for money. Definitely in my all-time top 5 games, you will not be disappointed!

50 Must-Have Violin Concertos
50 Must-Have Violin Concertos

5.0 out of 5 stars Bach Fan, 11 Dec. 2012
OK so I downloaded this album because it seemed ridiculously good value and contained 3 versions of Bach's Concerto for 2 violins in D minor - one of my fav pieces of classical music.

I have many versions of some of the same tracks and I would rate the versions on this album as being technically precise and well played but lacking in the soul and rhythmical genius I found in some FLAC recordings. For £1.49 though and small MP3 file size you really can't complain - buying the 3 versions of this one track separately would have cost more than the entire album!

Overall if you are dipping your toe into classical, are a casual fan or intend to only play the music on an MP3 player without amplifiers and expensive headphones, I would highly recommend this album. If you are after flawless earthy performances to run through your £300 headphones, well, you can afford the data storage and upfront cost of FLAC files, so what are you doing here looking at bargain basement albums?

Polo Green by Ralph Lauren Eau de Toilette Spray 118ml
Polo Green by Ralph Lauren Eau de Toilette Spray 118ml
Offered by 1click4all

5.0 out of 5 stars Polo "original" or polo green, 29 Jun. 2010
Yea I can have absolutely no complaints about this product. It arrived within a few days of ordering and was cheaper than the high street by about 33% even including delivery. I have had this product b4 in the past and i liked it then, still like it now. Great fragrance, one of my favourites...ladies seem to like it too!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2015 11:52 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2