Profile for keith helsdown > Reviews

Content by keith helsdown

keith helsdown

Page: 1 | 2
Longbow (The Saga of Roland Inness Book 1)
Longbow (The Saga of Roland Inness Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written. Action from the first word. I ..., 7 Feb. 2015
Well written. Action from the first word. I eagerly await the following books. Please hurry up, my bow arm is tiring!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2015 2:43 PM GMT

Brothers in Blood: Cato & Macro: Book 13 (The Eagle Series)
Brothers in Blood: Cato & Macro: Book 13 (The Eagle Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars I have followed these two through from the outset and I can easily match them to the Sharpe novels, 16 Jan. 2015
This contains all the intrigue and puzzles that mark these books as "WELL WORTH THE TIME TO READ" and in my humble opinion maintain the high standard set by Simon from the beginning. The battle scenes are described in graphic terms, with the added smells that would permeate such a fearful event. I have followed these two through from the outset and I can easily match them to the Sharpe novels. Wonderful -keep writing about C & M Simon.

National Treasure - The Ultimate Collection
National Treasure - The Ultimate Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Forever green., 24 Jun. 2014
What can I write that has not already been written. I feel that for me, to even attempt, at a review would be to muddy up the cool clear tones of 'Our Vera'.
Life as we knew it when we had our backs to the wall - as yes! - Iremenber it well.

Eventide
Eventide
Offered by MEGA Media FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace perfect peace!!, 24 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Eventide (Audio CD)
Should be listened to in the absolute quiet of a summer evening in the garden. Wait until the brats next door have finished destroying their plot with their noisome electronic space guns, pour a glass of Merlot and sit back and listen. Nothing better for soothing the fevered brain, seething with injustices of the day, than listening to pure beauty in sound.

Readerotica 50 - A Compilation of 50 Erotic Stories for Your Pleasure
Readerotica 50 - A Compilation of 50 Erotic Stories for Your Pleasure

3.0 out of 5 stars So - So., 24 Jun. 2014
For mild stimulation in the back row of the convent chapel this may serve. Erotica - not really!! I feel that it should be put away and only referred to ' in extremis'.

The Tribes of Britain
The Tribes of Britain
by David Miles

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard going., 24 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Tribes of Britain (Paperback)
I was NOT too impressed with this tome. Far too much in the way of nitty-gritty, with lots of (in my opinion) unnecessary detail.
It DOES provide what I wanted but it is too involved to be more than a reference work.

The Blood Crows: Cato & Macro: Book 12 (The Eagle Series)
The Blood Crows: Cato & Macro: Book 12 (The Eagle Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Scarrow does it again, 24 Jun. 2014
I started reading this author's works with the very first of the 'Cato and Macro' volume were published. I had been looking for alternative 'heroes' after Sharpe, Bolitho and similar and had exhausted all the known authors works,so I looked for an a more historical novel.
Simon Scarrow provided me with that hero (or heroes) in Cato and Macro. Long may they have to fight and outwit the ancient British
tribes. I rate this volume 5stars.

Nat King Cole - The Ultimate Collection
Nat King Cole - The Ultimate Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Why Nat King Cole??, 21 Mar. 2014
I chose this album because I heard a NKC song on the radio. This brought back memories of my earlier years (I'm 77 now) and the great times we had then.
I would suggest that a lot of the so called "Stars" of today, with their screaming, unintelligible noises that they call music, listen to these songs and hear ALL THE WORDS in absolute comfort.

Piano Reflections
Piano Reflections

3.0 out of 5 stars Not to high standard, 17 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Piano Reflections (Audio CD)
I gave it a three because it was not as good as the advert sounds. You only hear just a small sample in the in the advert - the rest is not to the same standard. Not happy!!

A Carnival Of Hits
A Carnival Of Hits
Offered by Mattpuss

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia, 22 Nov. 2013
This review is from: A Carnival Of Hits (Audio CD)
I had this constant tune "Morning Town Ride" intruding, unbidden, into my daily thoughts. So to ally the nagging I bought it.!!

Page: 1 | 2