Profile for keith helsdown > Reviews

National Treasure - The Ultimate Collection
National Treasure - The Ultimate Collection
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Forever green., 24 Jun 2014
What can I write that has not already been written. I feel that for me, to even attempt, at a review would be to muddy up the cool clear tones of 'Our Vera'.
Life as we knew it when we had our backs to the wall - as yes! - Iremenber it well.

Eventide
Eventide
Price: 10.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace perfect peace!!, 24 Jun 2014
This review is from: Eventide (Audio CD)
Should be listened to in the absolute quiet of a summer evening in the garden. Wait until the brats next door have finished destroying their plot with their noisome electronic space guns, pour a glass of Merlot and sit back and listen. Nothing better for soothing the fevered brain, seething with injustices of the day, than listening to pure beauty in sound.

Readerotica 50 - A Compilation of 50 Erotic Stories for Your Pleasure
Readerotica 50 - A Compilation of 50 Erotic Stories for Your Pleasure
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars So - So., 24 Jun 2014
For mild stimulation in the back row of the convent chapel this may serve. Erotica - not really!! I feel that it should be put away and only referred to ' in extremis'.

The Tribes of Britain
The Tribes of Britain
by David Miles
Price: 10.69

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard going., 24 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Tribes of Britain (Paperback)
I was NOT too impressed with this tome. Far too much in the way of nitty-gritty, with lots of (in my opinion) unnecessary detail.
It DOES provide what I wanted but it is too involved to be more than a reference work.

The Blood Crows: Cato & Macro: Book 12 (Eagle)
The Blood Crows: Cato & Macro: Book 12 (Eagle)
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Scarrow does it again, 24 Jun 2014
I started reading this author's works with the very first of the 'Cato and Macro' volume were published. I had been looking for alternative 'heroes' after Sharpe, Bolitho and similar and had exhausted all the known authors works,so I looked for an a more historical novel.
Simon Scarrow provided me with that hero (or heroes) in Cato and Macro. Long may they have to fight and outwit the ancient British
tribes. I rate this volume 5stars.

Nat King Cole - The Ultimate Collection
Nat King Cole - The Ultimate Collection
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Why Nat King Cole??, 21 Mar 2014
I chose this album because I heard a NKC song on the radio. This brought back memories of my earlier years (I'm 77 now) and the great times we had then.
I would suggest that a lot of the so called "Stars" of today, with their screaming, unintelligible noises that they call music, listen to these songs and hear ALL THE WORDS in absolute comfort.

Piano Reflections
Piano Reflections
Price: 5.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not to high standard, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Piano Reflections (Audio CD)
I gave it a three because it was not as good as the advert sounds. You only hear just a small sample in the in the advert - the rest is not to the same standard. Not happy!!

A Carnival Of Hits
A Carnival Of Hits

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia, 22 Nov 2013
This review is from: A Carnival Of Hits (Audio CD)
I had this constant tune "Morning Town Ride" intruding, unbidden, into my daily thoughts. So to ally the nagging I bought it.!!

Battlecruiser
Battlecruiser
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Battlecruiser, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Battlecruiser (Kindle Edition)
Truly one of Reemans better books. It really goes into the psyche of the characters and bring them out as actual persons rather than storybook heroes. I have always enjoyed Reemans' writing and this is all good stuff. I reccommend this to serious readers who are prepared to read the 'reasons why'.

The Burning Land (The Warrior Chronicles, Book 5)
The Burning Land (The Warrior Chronicles, Book 5)
by Bernard Cornwell
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Cornwell at his bestl, 27 July 2011
This is the last of the five parts that I have read, dealing with Alfred The Great!!?!! The whole popular depiction of Alfred as a Great War Leader is exploded. He may have been an excellent politician but as a great war leader at the front of his troop -Nah!!
The whole series is extremely good and entertaining. As always - well written and full of detail.

Page: 1 | 2