Profile for R. Blair > Reviews

A Short History Of Nearly Everything
by Bill Bryson
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars A short review about (almost) everything!, 19 Feb 2004
Excellent! Just great... This book filled in all the gaps my school years left out. Whilst I may never remember all the information in the book, I can certainly say that my understanding of why we are who we are is greatly improved. I would suggest you buy the paperback version as the hardback is a little bit of a tomb due to the wealth of text contained within. Bryson is not at his literary best is this offering, however his insight and historical accuracy leave no stone unturned. I am a bigger fan of Bryson by the day and have 5 of his titles under my [reading] belt now... this title does a great service to his continued range of subjects and I can't wait to see what Bryson puts under the microscope next!

The Book of Bunny Suicides
The Book of Bunny Suicides
by Andy Riley
Price: 8.79

5.0 out of 5 stars These bunnies are so funny!, 3 Nov 2003
Well, the title pretty much sums up the content - but you have to buy it and see it to believe just how many ways a bunny really has to kill themselves. Light hearted and seriously humourous - this book takes a slanted view at life through the eyes of all those bunnies desperate for a little something else. Oh, and watch out for that epilogue!